• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

ViciousDS

Banned
I think Thibs gets canned if we don't win the series. So hopefully we win.

He's getting canned either way due to that series with Milwaukee. I'd rather have a new coach anyways. This was his worst year overall as coach. He doesn't know how to rotate players well. I'm hoping for a new coach next season. Sick of our starting 5 being top 15 in mpg played every single year.....only reason it was kept under control this year was because of injuries.

We have a team as deep as the spurs yet we rotate players like Cleveland does....why!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol:

m209rpg.jpg

I think Thibs gets canned if we don't win the series. So hopefully we win.

He's getting canned either way due to that series with Milwaukee. I'd rather have a new coach anyways. This was his worst year overall as coach. He doesn't know how to rotate players well. I'm hoping for a new coach next season. Sick of our starting 5 being top 15 in mpg played every single year.....only reason it was kept under control this year was because of injuries.

We have a team as deep as the spurs yet we rotate players like Cleveland does....why!

Thibs is coming North to coach the Raptors. I hope you guys are right. We need someone to work our spoiled players and develop those that don't get minutes.

ampere

Thib is a great great defensive mind, but Rose getting hurt so often destroys his offensive plans. He seems a little lost regarding offense sometimes too.

Come back to Boston as an assistant ;). Nah he'll always be able to get an HC job somewhere.

Grats to Curry. Pretty obvious he was gonna win this year. Player/coach of the year is definitely LeBron though

Thibs needs better rotations. As much as I like him, our rotations are awful, and are getting worse year by year.

For a team this deep, we don't need our starting five playing 40 minutes a game.

Rivers has the same problems playing starters too much. He must have rubbed off that onto Thibs

iirc Harden believes he deserves MVP

Probably shouldn't have phrased it the way I did, but I meant it could be interesting in the possible tension.

And in that it would be mean the Rockets beat the Clippers

You mean it would serve as further motivation...Well if the Warriors do advance, there won't be any shortage of drama b/t either the Clippers or the Rockets. There's some bad blood b/t those teams...

overcast

You mean it would serve as further motivation...Well if the Warriors do advance, there won't be any shortage of drama b/t either the Clippers or the Rockets. There's some bad blood b/t those teams...
Yeah, last game it was pretty clear they don't like each other. Gonna be fun.

This really feels like the Warriors year. It will be interesting what happens to them going forward. Draymond Green is only making 900,000 this year!

This really feels like the Warriors year. It will be interesting what happens to them going forward. Draymond Green is only making 900,000 this year!

Draymond going to get paid in the offseason (rightfully so..). Basically the W's will have to unload Lee's contract or go into the luxury tax (which Lacob has gone on record as something he's willing to do to keep a core player).

This needs to be in animated gif form
http://streamable.com/1jls

edit- Draymond's current playoff run averages

15.8 ppg on 47% shooting
40% on 3's
11.2 boards
5.6 assists
2.4 steals
1.0 blocks

Draymond going to get paid in the offseason (rightfully so..). Basically the W's will have to unload Lee's contract or go into the luxury tax (which Lacob has gone on record as something he's willing to do to keep a core player).

This needs to be in animated gif form
http://streamable.com/1jls

edit- Draymond's current playoff run averages

15.8 ppg on 47% shooting
40% on 3's
11.2 boards
5.6 assists
2.4 steals
1.0 blocks
Draymond is something special.

Even though I'm a Bulls Fan, I love these Warriors. They got heart and grit, and being coached by Steve Kerr doesn't hurt.

Fjordson

Warriors have struck gold a few times in the draft while the team in front whiffed. Klay was selected one spot after Jimmer Fredette and Curry was selected one spot after Jonny Flynn :lol

Mr. Sunny

Banned
The Bulls would destroy the Warriors. Whoever wins this Cavs-Bulls series is winning a championship. The only scenario where that doesn't happen is Bulls beating Cavs and Rose getting hurt. Every other team are just a bunch of posers, especially the Hawks.

no one in the east has a chance against the warriors. If they come out of the West, they're the champs. you can't beat a team that's that efficient on both ends of the court, they're ridiculous.

Curry MVP? Well I guess the Rockets better beat the clips so we can get to the WCF to face the Warriors and have Harden go all Hakeem Olajuwon against David Robinson

It would be insane if The Warriors got Kevin Durant. That would be some insane backcourt+mid-court offense.

I know you're speaking in terms of "if" but could the Warriors staff even afford Durant?

That I do not know the answer to.

Get David Lee off the Roster (think he's $15 million this season) and a few others off the paysheet and it could happen. Not a hope in hell though with the cap increase after next season

I'm still a little worried about Conley coming back. We've looked good, but not great. And Bogut and Draymond haven't really slowed down Z-Bo and Gasol.

Local writers have said GS will be going after some big names after the 2015-16 season. They'll shed David Lee's massive contract and the salary cap will be going up.

Not sure if they'll be able to afford a guy like KD, though.

Answer is no...

Awww.....

I imagine he might stay with the Thunder...but I'm not Durant so I don't know.

I just want to throw this out there we can very much afford Kevin Durant in 2016. We just have to move Andre first which shouldn't be too hard. We won't be able to keep everyone else but with a starting 5 of

Steph
Klay
KD
Dray
Bogut

Who the fuck cares? We'd be basically unstoppable.

hitme

MVP balloting results.
CEK6B14WMAAQREy.png

That one 5th place vote for Curry was from Knicks play-by-play announcer.

@diamond83: Knicks play-by-play announcer Mike Crispino gave Stephen Curry a fifth-place vote, which was the lowest any voter ranked Curry.

The Bulls would destroy the Warriors. Whoever wins this Cavs-Bulls series is winning a championship. The only scenario where that doesn't happen is Bulls beating Cavs and Rose getting hurt. Every other team are just a bunch of posers, especially the Hawks.

No one is going to destroy the Warriors, but the Bulls are the only team left to have beaten them on the road, so they got that going for them at least. If the Warriors lose in these playoffs, I feel like it has to happen in 7 games. They just look unstoppable right now.

MechDX

I remember what happened the last time a Rockets player was denied the MVP

tumblr_mhxnddDXcy1renuivo1_500.gif

Maybe Dream will give Harden a motivational speech

Top Bottom