• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Woj Bomb: NO fires Monty Williams

ZlGc7Cz.png

I didn't follow the Pelicans, but it looked like he did a pretty solid job with what he had. I don't understand this move.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
I like Lebrawn James, but I hope the Bulls win. Derrick Rose deserves a ring. Why couldn't they be in the Western Conference they'd wipe the floor with all those posers....except maybe the Clippers. Hope the refs don't fuck us over tonight.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow. He definitely overachieved at least make him finish off his last year even though it might be as a lame duck status coach.

Pelicans underachieved if anything last season. That team had no business struggling to get into the playoffs over a decimated OKC team. Monty is a really terrible coach (great guy though), anyone who watches some Pelicans on a regular basis can't really be shocked by this.

And the timing of this makes me think Brooks is also the guy. If they wanted Thibs they would have just waited a week to see if he actually gets fired.

I like Lebrawn James, but I hope the Bulls win. Derrick Rose deserves a ring. Why couldn't they be in the Western Conference they'd wipe the floor with all those posers....except maybe the Clippers. Hope the refs don't fuck us over tonight.

Yea and Cleveland deserves a championship winner in any sport. Chicago has no shortage of those between the Bulls, Blackhawks and White Socks over the years.

No, nobody deserves anything. Derrick Rose doesn't deserve shit. Cleveland doesn't deserve shit. Let the athletes get out there and win it. Neither storyline is devoid of a feel-good story there. But with respect, Chicago is just about the least of all the teams remaining in these playoffs that needs to hang another banner.

Pelicans underachieved if anything last season. That team had no business struggling to get into the playoffs over a decimated OKC team. Monty is a really terrible coach (great guy though), anyone who watches some Pelicans on a regular basis can't really be shocked by this.

And the timing of this makes me think Brooks is also the guy. If they wanted Thibs they would have just waited a week to see if he actually gets fired.

I guess I should have paid more attention to the Pelicans then.

It does look like Brooks is the guy at that case. I don't think that's a great hire.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
Yea and Cleveland deserves a championship winner in any sport. Chicago has no shortage of those between the Bulls, Blackhawks and White Socks over the years.

No, nobody deserves anything. Derrick Rose doesn't deserve shit. Cleveland doesn't deserve shit. Let the athletes get out there and win it. Neither storyline is devoid of a feel-good story there.

You're right, but Lebron has 2 rings, I want Rose to get 1. If the Bulls can't beat the Cavs this year, then they're never going to do it. Cleveland will have many opportunities in the future, especially with Love and that sideshow bob guy. I wont be mad if the Cavs win, but I desperately want to see THIS Bulls team win.

*Kanye Shrug*

Well I shares the same feelings towards the Raptors coach. But the Pelicans had a lot of injuries from Anthony Davis gone two weeks with a shoulder injury, Anderson strained MCL, Jrue Holiday with a leg injury and etc. The goal was to make the playoffs they made it, but I guess that fact that they were swept was unacceptable. At least let him finish off the year as a lame duck status coach, I think he deserves that much for making it in a tough West.

For example, Raptors have made the playoffs thanks to a pathetic Eastern conference. And the fact that we got swept by the Wizards of all teams is a shame that I cannot express through words. Dwane Casey is a nice guy, but he is an assistant coach ~ a defensive coordinator on a team. But this season his team got exposed on defense more than offense. He needs to go. I question his overall coaching abilities.

If Monty Williams is ultimately a good assistant coach in the NBA(thanks to his time with the Spurs), then the Pelicans should cut their loses and join the Thibs sweepstakes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't know about underachieving. That's not a very good roster overall. Having all those guards is just silly, and they lost a lot of games to injury. But, you either win or you don't, and he didn't, so I guess it was time for a change to shake things up.

I don't know about underachieving. That's not a very good roster overall. Having all those guards is just silly, and they lost a lot of games to injury. But, you either win or you don't, and he didn't, so I guess it was time for a change to shake things up.
Monty was working with AD and literally no one else. I don't think there was one other legit starter on that team. No way should that shitfest of a roster make the playoffs. But you're right, Monty has been there for a while with no success. Had to move on.

Mxrz

He had some bone headed calls in the series with the warriros, right? Like the huge lead, young team shook, and his words were like 'stay the course' or something? Not all that surprised to see him go.

Thibs could probably use a fresh start. Fanbase turned on him pretty hard.

Bulls would destroy the Warriors, search your heart, you know it's true.

:)

DRoseGameWinnerVsDubs2.gif

Uh...we didn't have Bogut that game and it takes overtime and a game winner to beat us at home whereas we clobbered your full team at Chicago (real selective memory you got there). I'd post highlights from that game but there were too many.

But yes, congrats on being one of two teams to beat us at home in the regular season.

Uh...we didn't have Bogut that game and it takes overtime and a game winner to beat us at home whereas we clobbered your full team at Chicago (real selective memory you got there). I'd post highlights from that game but there were too many.

But yes, congrats on being one of two teams to beat us at home in the regular season.

Jimmy Butler was out that game, and he is more important than Bogut. That said, the Bulls got lucky as hell in that game with the dumb TO by Curry at the end and the fact that the Warriors didn't make any 3 pointers after the first half, which should be impossible given the shooters they have.

EDIT: Just checked the box score, and it appears Dunleavy was out too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That said, the Bulls got lucky as hell in that game with the dumb TO by Curry at the end

That's what I remember about that game, it should never have gone to OT. I went bed near the end of the 4th quarter and was surprised they ended up losing in OT when I was checking scores the next morning.

Tom Penny

I don't think the Bulls have any problems with Golden State considering they were able to shoot a lights out 36% against the lock down Cavs D.

Jimmy Butler was out that game, and he is more important than Bogut. That said, the Bulls got lucky as hell in that game with the dumb TO by Curry at the end and the fact that the Warriors didn't make any 3 pointers after the first half, which should be impossible given the shooters they have.

EDIT: Just checked the box score, and it appears Dunleavy was out too.

Bogut anchors our defense...our switching defense doesn't work without him. Anyways, just pointing out how ridiculous the poster was for saying Chicago owns the Warriors by using that game as an example. Chicago wouldn't have an easier time in the WC bracket.

I stopped following Dunleavy's career after he left the Warriors (not that he was any good while he was here anyways) but he's that important to your offense? him? Really?

Cuz when I think of Dunleavy Jr, I think of Funleavy Foto Fun...

kidd_01271.jpg

funleavy-1.jpg

capt.pna10110280257.warriors_suns_pna101.jpg

finally
Ira_Newble_does_a_spinning_kick_on_Mike_Dunleavy_Jr.jpg

Sigh. This injury is going to cost the Bulls this series.

nah, that's Kyrie's foot that's going to cost anyone this series.

my expectations have bottomed out. Even if we beat the Bulls in this series, Kyrie won't be getting any healthier and if he's not at like 90% we lose anyway. It feels like playing to be second or 3rd runner up. If we had all of our players at a reasonable level of health, i'd feel differently.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well the cavs already look like garbage. Lets all mutually agree to push back the games so both teams can get healthy.

Top Bottom