• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Wiz in 6.

Wiz vs Cavs - Wiz in 5.

seh6p.gif

dream

I don't think the Wiz can do it in 5, but I don't see how Cleveland can beat the Wizards. Wall, Gortat, Beal, Pierce, Porter...Washington just has better players than the Cavs.

dream

I take your point, but I feel like when a team's best chance of winning hinges on J.R. Smith, they've already lost.

I thought so too at one point, but look at their rosters. The Wiz are better in every position other than Lebron.

One could say the same thing about the Bulls. Yet, the same thing applies to both teams they have nobody that can stop Lebron. Not counting out the Bulls yet, since they have Pau Gasol back. People getting deceived by the performance of the Wizards frontcourt. Nene and Gortat are old and these good games from them are aberrations. John Wall is still inconsistent dude is shooting less than 40 percent from the field in these playoffs. He will cost his team games like he usually does.

dream

I think Pierce is a big intangible though, MetalFearSolid. I sort of suspect that if he's not still in Lebron's head, he'll be renting space in there after game 1.

One could say the same thing about the Bulls. Yet, the same thing applies to both teams they have nobody that can stop Lebron. Not counting out the Bulls yet, since they have Pau Gasol back. People getting deceived by the performance of the Wizards frontcourt. Nene and Gortat are old and these good games from them are aberrations. John Wall is still inconsistent dude is shooting less than 40 percent from the field in these playoffs. He will cost his team games like he usually does.

Fair points but most teams are better overall than the Cavs, they just have 2 and a half players that tip the scales.

With that said, if Wall is somewhat healthy, the Wizards will present serious problems for the shallow Cavaliers.

I agree about Nene and Gortat though, they aren't as good as they seemed to be in the past.

In fact, Nene looks like he forgot how to play basketball, maybe he's just there to be a goon now.

I think Pierce is a big intangible though, MetalFearSolid. I sort of suspect that if he's not still in Lebron's head, he'll be renting space in there after game 1.

Last year, Lebron James scored 49 points against the Nets in ECSF GM4 with Pierce guarding him. Lebron will pick Pierce apart, he can't even stick him anymore on those drives to the basket.

Lebron is way past the point of Pierce owning him psychologically, I mean Game 6 in Boston where he had 44 points in the ECF showed me that.

dream

Last year, Lebron James scored 49 points against the Nets in ECSF GM4 with Pierce guarding him.

Lebron is way past the point of Pierce owning him psychologically, I mean Game 6 in Boston where he had 44 points in the ECF showed me that.

To be fair, there were extenuating circumstances with the Nets. I could be completely decimated by a man in every possible emotional or psychological way, and be terrified of ever playing him. But if I look up and see Deron Williams, I'm thinking, "you know, today's going to be a pretty good day."

Huge collapse by the Wiz, can't say I didn't see it coming. Cavs let the Bulls back in the game this same way yesterday. Dunno if the Wiz can come back tho.

Fair points but most teams are better overall than the Cavs, they just have 2 and a half players that tip the scales.

With that said, if Wall is somewhat healthy, the Wizards will present serious problems for the shallow Cavaliers.

I agree about Nene and Gortat though, they aren't as good as they seemed to be in the past.

In fact, Nene looks like he forgot how to play basketball, maybe he's just there to be a goon now.

Wall will deal with his injury for the rest of the playoffs, fractures take weeks to heal. He still will shoot those jumpers he thinks he can make.

To be fair, there were extenuating circumstances with the Nets. I could be completely decimated by a man in every possible emotional or psychological way, and be terrified of ever playing him. But if I look up and see Deron Williams, I'm thinking, "you know, today's going to be a pretty good day."

Fair enough, but I think Lebron will always picture Pierce in a Celtics jersey and play with a chip on his shoulder to make a statement that "You and me" ain't a rivalry.

Afrikan

OH GOD these anti Cigerate commercials are getting worse. Needle in the eye once a month? :x

man I hope smoking hookah doesn't do that shit.

Wall will deal with his injury for the rest of the playoffs, fractures take weeks to heal. He still will shoot those jumpers he thinks he can make.

I thought Wall was an athletic waste of a basketball player before but he's really improved but yeah, I will never fully trust anything he shoots from the outside.

I guess that's Beal's job though.

OH GOD these anti Cigerate commercials are getting worse. Needle in the eye once a month? :x

man I hope smoking hookah doesn't do that shit.

I have some macular degeneration and have gotten those shots, they arent that bad. First they load you up o valium and then its over so fast and you never see the needle. Take your hand and pat for eye moderately hard, thats what it feels like.

Top Bottom