• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Who was it that said Joerger should have gotten coach of the year?

LOL

Not his fault that he has wings that can't shoot, I'd say Joerger has done a pretty damn good job and even stole 2 in this series.

It's easy to praise Kerr when he has one of the most stacked teams in the NBA.

Not his fault that he has wings that can't shoot, I'd say Joerger has done a pretty damn good job and even stole 2 in this series.

Wait, what?
You realize that most of the players on GS weren't this good last year. They've improved exponentially over the summer.
Plus, Curry makes his team better.

And Kerr is shutting down Memphis' offense by forcing them to the three point line.
Kerr has been key to helping this team become all they can be.
Don't hate

Joerger throws in the towel by putting all the white dudes.......... and Vince Carter on the floor
mjlol.png

Wait, what?
You realize that most of the players on GS weren't this good last year. They've improved exponentially over the summer.
Plus, Curry makes his team better.

And Kerr is shutting down Memphis' offense by forcing them to the three point line.
Kerr has been key to helping this team become all they can be.
Don't hate

pls, GS shut down Memphis by doubling Z-Bo and Gasol. It's nothing fancy and it took two losses for them to start doing it. David Lee has helped a lot coming off the bench for another big.

I'm not hating, I think Kerr is a decent coach. Your also downplaying GS roster. I would take Iguodala, Lee, Livingston, Barbosa in a second over anyone that Memphis has on its bench.

warriors were likely a playoff team with marc jackson (as they had been the previous 2 years with him) but kerr took a good team and made them the best team in the league. he is owed a lot of credit for that

pls, GS shut down Memphis by doubling Z-Bo and Gasol. It's nothing fancy and it took two losses for them to start doing it. David Lee has helped a lot coming off the bench for another big.

I'm not hating, I think Kerr is a decent coach. Your also downplaying GS roster. I would take Iguodala, Lee, Livingston, Barbosa in a second over anyone that Memphis has on its bench.
Don't dig yourself in a hole bro...
Doubling Gasol and Zbo IS forcing them to the 3 point line LOL when they can't make shots, GS is able to take the lead. When the lead is high enough, Grizzlies are forced beyond the arc to close the gap, shots in which they are inefficient at.

You are naive to say that Kerr isn't a huge reason that GS is going this far. Open your eyes, man. The regular season statistics say it all, not to mention their playoff progress thus far.
GS is better because their players are outplaying Memphis in every way.
Sorry

warriors were likely a playoff team with marc jackson (as they had been the previous 2 years with him) but kerr took a good team and made them the best team in the league. he is owed a lot of credit for that
This

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Kerr having the willingness to bring in an actual coaching staff to assist him was a huge part of that.

Don't dig yourself in a hole bro...
Doubling Gasol and Zbo IS forcing them to the 3 point line LOL when they can't make shots, GS is able to take the lead. When the lead is high enough, Grizzlies are forced beyond the arc to close the gap, shots in which they are inefficient at.

You are naive to say that Kerr isn't a huge reason that GS is going this far. Open your eyes, man. The regular season statistics say it all, not to mention their playoff progress thus far.
GS is better because their players are outplaying Memphis in every way.
Sorry

This

Your agreeing with me about doubling Z-Bo and Marc, I'm not arguing about that.

Sure Kerr should get credit, but let's not act like you don't have a GOAT 3pt MVP shooter and a really freaking solid team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sure Kerr should get credit, but let's not act like you don't have a GOAT 3pt MVP shooter and a really freaking solid team.

The point people are making is that the offensive scheme change this season put in by the coaching staff is a big reason for their team's success this year. There was a lot more iso ball and way less movement with Mark Jackson last season. Even with the improvements from Curry and Thompson over the summer, I don't see that alone being enough to seeing this sort of offensive improvement if they were still under last year's system. I also don't see Jackson pushing out David Lee and Iguodala out of the starting lineup or handling the in-game rotations like GS has been doing this season either.

Yes, Kerr inherited a stacked team. But he and his assistant coaches are undoubtedly getting a lot more out of it with the adjustments and tweaks they've implemented.

The point people are making is that the offensive scheme change this season put in by the coaching staff is a big reason for their team's success this year. There was a lot more iso ball and way less movement with Mark Jackson last season. Even with the improvements from Curry and Thompson over the summer, I don't see that alone being enough to seeing this sort of offensive improvement if they were still under last year's system. I also don't see Jackson pushing out David Lee and Iguodala out of the starting lineup or handling the in-game rotations like GS has been doing this season either.

Yes, Kerr inherited a stacked team. But he and his assistant coaches are undoubtedly getting a lot more out of it with the adjustments and tweaks they've implemented.

True, and I'm probably being dumb by not recognizing GS led the NBA with assists during the regular season which obviously has a lot to do with it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Same old Grizz lol. Every year it starts off "this is the year they put it together". They've been hovering at this exact level for years now, they just haven't really progressed. Either way Curry has to be the most exciting player to watch right now, love his game.

Huh, they just showed some gif on Inside a dude made out of Shaq's fall. Thought it was going to be Sunhi's but it wasn't. I guess they never saw it :/

try. your team is the most likely representative for the East in the NBA Finals.

Not sure about that.. the real ECF is Cavs Bulls and who comes out of that will eventually get clobbered by the team that comes out of west.

Edit: games today EST all espn

@ Bulls 8pm
@ Clips 1030
shiiiiiittttt

Bulls need to stop blowing this series. They'll never have a better chance than now, with both Love and Kyrie being limited or out. Stop messin' this sure thing up.

HiResDes

Not sure about that.. the real ECF is Cavs Bulls and who comes out of that will eventually get clobbered by the team that comes out of west.

Edit: games today EST all espn

@ Bulls 8pm
@ Clips 1030
shiiiiiittttt

Yeah, hawks looking real suspect, losing to the Wizards sans Wall is pretty laughable.

Top Bottom