• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Fox318

LOL Stephen A Smith's rant on Mike and Mike on the Knicks was hilarious.

Oh fuck him.

Half the fucking reason the Knicks are in the shape theyr are in is because of fuckers like him.

Trade for stars

Resign a punk ass melo when no other team was gonna give him anywhere fucking near the money.

And has smith ever criticized fucking Steve Mills? Fucking please

Knicks don't have a fucking pick because that motherfucker traded 2 firsts fore this fuck

8z7cOHo.gif

Knicks were good under fucking Donnie Walsh he left as soon as they traded for Fatass melo.

Now Phil is gonna get his ass fired and fucking rapist Isiah Thomas is gonna get the GM job again.

Fuck Smith.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-roc...nus-howard-rockets-cant-deliver-complete-game

Rockets coach Kevin McHale had opportunities to halt the run yet called a 20-second timeout and two full timeouts in the first half. He didn't want to use the three remaining full timeouts he had left for the second half. So in his mind, he had nothing left for the first half. He was stuck watching, hoping his team would stop the run.

"I guess I used them all," McHale said.

I can't remember the last NBA game I saw where timeout management became an issue in the first half.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Clutchfans forum calling Draymond dirty...LOL..
Play in Question

Also, refs on GSW side? Rockets had 28 FT's to the Warriors' 22.

I think falling into someone's legs/knees on purpose like that is a dirty play. Even the announcers thought it was intentional/a flop.

And we all know by now that pointing out how many FTs were taken is a poor indicator of how fairly a game was officiated. GSW is one of the worst teams in the leagues when it comes to getting to the line because they put up so many jumpers, so their opponents will nearly ALWAYS out-shoot them from the line (in terms of FTA). There were numerous times a rockets player (aka Harden) was slapped so hard you could hear it through the TV, but no call made.

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-roc...nus-howard-rockets-cant-deliver-complete-game

I can't remember the last NBA game I saw where timeout management became an issue in the first half.

It was such poor coaching during that second quarter.

lol @ anyone saying either of those things.

Come to realize over the last few years that most basketball fans on the internet (most sports fans really) are pretty dumb.

the homer in you is showing. which is fine, but it's the homer in you talking. it wasn't "dirty" in the sense that he was looking to hurt someone obviously...but it certainly wasn't a basketball play.

CD'S BAR

Clutchfans forum calling Draymond dirty...LOL..
Play in Question

Also, refs on GSW side? Rockets had 28 FT's to the Warriors' 22.

Looked like a dirty play to me. If he got away with a flop falling down into Ariza that's cool, but to me Green is clearly holding Ariza down once they're both on the floor to prevent him getting back on defense. It worked too, Curry got a wide open layup. Good for him I guess he got away with, but definitely a dirty play if you ask me.

I think falling into someone's legs/knees on purpose like that is a dirty play. Even the announcers thought it was intentional/a flop.

And we all know by now that pointing out how many FTs were taken is a poor indicator of how fairly a game was officiated. GSW is one of the worst teams in the leagues when it comes to getting to the line because they put up so many jumpers, so their opponents will nearly ALWAYS out-shoot them from the line (in terms of FTA). There were numerous times a rockets player (aka Harden) was slapped so hard you could hear it through the TV, but no call made.

It was such poor coaching during that second quarter.

Ariza was pulling Draymond out of bounds with his left hand at the start before Draymond falls on him and then it gets chippy with Ariza dropping his knees on Draymond's face followed by Draymond holding. It's a double foul or it's nothing.

Looked like a dirty play to me. If he got away with a flop falling down into Ariza that's cool, but to me Green is clearly holding Ariza down once they're both on the floor to prevent him getting back on defense. It worked too, Curry got a wide open layup. Good for him I guess he got away with, but definitely a dirty play if you ask me.

By the time Dray was holding Ariza down which prevented him to recover, Curry had already made the layup.

Fjordson

the homer in you is showing. which is fine, but it's the homer in you talking. it wasn't "dirty" in the sense that he was looking to hurt someone obviously...but it certainly wasn't a basketball play.
again with homer...goddamn @ this thread sometimes.

If Steph Curry comes off a screen open he'll probably score, which is good for Draymond. Scoring points is a good thing in basketball. When Draymond starts to fall he knows Ariza may recover on Curry, so he holds him and hopes the refs don't see so that Curry can score easier. That's it. The type of thing that happens multiple times every quarter of every game in the NBA.

Green is clearly holding Ariza down once they're both on the floor to prevent him getting back on defense.
Um..yes. You nailed it lol. That's exactly what he was doing. It was about as "dirty" as Jason Terry illegally holding Curry 25-30 times last night off the ball. Or big men setting move screens so that their guard is more open. Or someone flopping for free throws. It's stuff in between the margins to gain an advantage.

:lol I actually saw "thug" thrown around on twitter last night over that play. Like what?? Are people acting like basketball players always play within the rules just trolling??? My brain is hurting from the stupidity.

edit: just to be clear, the first part of that response to you CD'S wasn't meant as sarcasm. You described exactly what Green was doing.

overcast

We played hard though, so I'm okay with that part. Still it feels terrible. Let a close one slip and we needed a split at oracle. I think they'll come out hot in game 2 and I don't believe for a second that Dwight's knee is okay.

I don't want the Cavs to win but that requires that I do something like cheer for the hawks, which is about as likely to come through with a series victory as Crystal Pepsi does returning to store shelves

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't want the Cavs to win but that requires that I do something like cheers for the hawks, which is about as likely to come through with a series victory as Crystal Pepsi does returning to store shelves

Hawks got this son!

Despite all the shit talk of being sub par so far they've made it through.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Who the fuck said the Hawks were sub-par? Playing poorly sure. Subpar? Come the fuck on.

A ton of people? People thought they just slid by both series, that the regular season for them was a fluke, and that arguably their best scorer is fucking ice cold. Plus they lack a "Star" to get them to a championship.

I'm not saying I agree with it as a Hawks fan, but a ton of people have said/felt that.

CD'S BAR

again with homer...goddamn @ this thread sometimes.

Um..yes. You nailed it lol. That's exactly what he was doing. It was about as "dirty" as Jason Terry illegally holding Curry 25-30 times last night off the ball. Or big men setting move screens so that their guard is more open. Or someone flopping for free throws. It's stuff in between the margins to gain an advantage.

edit: just to be clear, the first part of that response to you CD'S wasn't meant as sarcasm. You described exactly what Green was doing.

Dirty wasn't the right word. At worst he got away with a flop which is a bit frustrating but obviously happens all the time. Green holding Ariza down is still kind of shit imo but the layup from Curry was more a result of late rotation by Josh Smith. Upon watching the highlights held or not held Ariza wouldn't have been able to recover in time to prevent that layup anyway.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Steph Fined $5K for Flop Violation

I don't get this call. He wasn't looking to get a foul call on it and does this all the time. In fact he does this to avoid landing awkwardly on his ankles.

No offense, but you are reaching Gaming-side Nintendo-defense force level here.

This was obviously a flop, and he flops quite a bit. However, why single him out? Harden's arms are flailing around like he was fouled even when he's on the bench.

Fjordson

Steph Fined $5K for Flop Violation

I don't get this call. He wasn't looking to get a foul call on it and does this all the time. In fact he does this to avoid landing awkwardly on his ankles.
Yeah, it's silly. The system is arbitrary and mostly nonsense.

Like before Curry's, three guys total were fined this year: Marcin Gortat, PJ Hairston and CJ Watson. That's it. All season :lol definitely an effective and wide reaching system.

TTG

Yeah, it's silly. The system is arbitrary and mostly nonsense.

Like before Curry's, three guys total were fined this year: Marcin Gortat, PJ Hairston and CJ Watson. That's it. All season :lol definitely an effective and wide reaching system.

It's either based on rep, Curry almost never exaggerates calls or they're trying to set a tone for the series early. It's fine. Curry tried to get contact on the way down, but he didn't yell at the refs or pout. My jimmies remain unrustled.

*goes back to waiting on Howard's MRI*

Fjordson

All-Defensive Teams:

Kawhi Leonard
Draymond Green
Tony Allen
DeAndre Jordan
Chris Paul

2nd team:

Anthony Davis
Jimmy Butler
Andrew Bogut
John Wall
Tim Duncan

Jordan on first team lulz. Also, Andrew Bogut earned himself a $1.9 million bonus for making an all-defensive team.

Going for the cavs tonight. I know they're not very liked but the city of Cleveland hasn't won a championship in any of the 3 major sports for the past 50 years. I feel really bad for fans in that city

demolitio

I'm scurred the Hawks will turn into the 09 Magic and hit every goddamn shot they take.

Or the Cavs make it to the Finals just to get swept. Still remember that one all too well. :p

The Bulls bailed out the injured Cavs quite a bit so this will be an interesting series. Hoping Kyrie really is feeling well since we're going to need him.

Just hoping for no more injuries.

lol did you guys watch Jaime Foxx doing a Doc Rivers impression on Fallon last night? They were doing musical impressions and it's freaking hilarious, he also did a Mick Jagger and John Legend impression which are definitely worth watching.

Here's a YT link to it

https://youtu.be/dGidYBqBHVw?t=342

Link should start at the doc impersonation. Again it's worth checking out all of them.

Harden's such a actor man, his facial expressions as he holds his two arms fully stretched out while driving are amusing.

Joke character? Does anyone have any gif's? They are Lebron level bad.

So Dwight's left knee is sprained. I'd be surprised if he plays again this series. If so, we are down 3 starters. Looks like the rockets don't have a chance now.

Harden's such a actor man, his facial expressions as he holds his two arms fully stretched out while driving are amusing.

Joke character? Does anyone have any gif's? They are Lebron level bad.
There has to be a gif of him doing this in the first quarter last night, his play is so often hilariously unnatural.

Mxrz

Curry getting fined is pretty good. Trouble these things don't ramp up, so what $5k? Is no real reason to stop, especially during the wcf.

GS fans, you got no reason to complain ever. They're likely going to cruise to a ring. The spurs out. Everyone is near dead. Anyone beating them would be some miracles on ice level stuff at this point. Sit back and enjoy the ride instead of bitching about the refs, man. These things don't happen to often.

Unless your Phil . . . unless its the Knicks.

Knicks were good under fucking Donnie Walsh he left as soon as they traded for Fatass melo.

Some Knicks fans would get so pissed of when I pointed this out years back. Admittedly it was during the 50+ wins season.

I don't want the Cavs to win but that requires that I do something like cheer for the hawks, which is about as likely to come through with a series victory as Crystal Pepsi does returning to store shelves
The Hawks are probably going to win. The Cavs, even if healthy, aren't what most people would call complete. The Hawks will need to play awful (which they can, sure) and/or LeBron would need to go 2013 (which he could). Far more likely Atlanta squeaks by.

Top Bottom