• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

zychi

Banned
Yes, I'm trolling you by stating the fact that he didn't injure two people. edit: I guess, to be fair, I was trolling you about your irrational hatred for Lebron James.

You say I'm making things up but people who think Lebron is a phony have lots of gifs and video of him and his shenanigans. What have you done other than comments about salt and calling other people clown acts? Have I even once resorted to personal insults and name calling?

TTG

Does anyone realize what a crap ass team he is dragging to the finals?

It's the Lebron show. We saw it in Cleveland, we saw it in Miami when things were falling apart and we're seeing it now. You get Lebron and a bunch of shooters, a big guy if you've got him to hang around the rim, that's it.

To answer your question, anyone who has watched the NBA with even a modicum of insight realizes what this is.

Notice how all of those have a benefit in-game?
What does LeBron gain by overplaying his exhaustion or little injuries? That's not for calls and the clock stops anyway. It just does not make sense, unless you have weird obsessions with media narratives surrounding the games.

A lot of people feel that LeBron does these things to manipulate the narrative of his "legacy"

ahoyle77

It's the Lebron show. We saw it in Cleveland, we saw it in Miami when things were falling apart and we're seeing it now. You get Lebron and a bunch of shooters, a big guy if you've got him to hang around the rim, that's it.

To answer your question, anyone who has watched the NBA with even a modicum of insight realizes what this is.

I cant tell by the way you wrote this if it impresses you though. The team hes won the last two games with is pathetic.

TTG

I cant tell by the way you wrote this if it impresses you though. The team hes won the last two games with is pathetic.

Maybe pathetic. Is JR more pathetic than Boobie Gibson or old Shane Battier? They're mostly interchangeable pieces. I think it would have looked better if the Cavs at least had that constipated Pacers team from a year ago or anyone else willing to put up a fight. But I've got nothing against Lebron's ability on the court, make no mistake, Kobe would not be dragging that bunch this far. Maybe Kyrie comes back looking like himself, get some excitement back, I don't know.

Makes me wish the NBA was run like a game show. A loser from the West gets to challenge the Cavs for a spot in the finals, let's welcome the Spurs!

Makes me wish the NBA was run like a game show. A loser from the West gets to challenge the Cavs for a spot in the finals, let's welcome the Spurs!
They can just change the playoff format in the near future. That wouldn't save the finals from being a potential sweep, though. Injuries happen at bad times and teams go on runs.

TTG

I'm looking forward to tonight's game though. Look for the Rockets to adjust, no more switching on Curry, figure out a tactic to move the ball when they double("shade" or zone, whatever you want to call it) Harden. I want superhero Harden back! Make it close like games 1 and 2.

ahoyle77

Maybe pathetic. Is JR more pathetic than Boobie Gibson or old Shane Battier? They're mostly interchangeable pieces. I think it would have looked better if the Cavs at least had that constipated Pacers team from a year ago or anyone else willing to put up a fight. But I've got nothing against Lebron's ability on the court, make no mistake, Kobe would not be dragging that bunch this far. Maybe Kyrie comes back looking like himself, get some excitement back, I don't know.

I think the two Cavs teams he has taken to the finals are the worst collective supporting cast of anyone in my lifetime of watching (going back through the 80s). Maybe with the exception of AI's 76ers.

I am fully prepared for the Lebron haters to point out him going 2-4 in finals at the end of this, and not celebrate how great he is in getting the teams that far.

I think the two Cavs teams he has taken to the finals are the worst collective supporting cast of anyone in my lifetime of watching (going back through the 80s). Maybe with the exception of AI's 76ers.

I am fully prepared for the Lebron haters to point out him going 2-4 in finals at the end of this, and not celebrate how great he is in getting the teams that far.

He brings it on himself.

Remember, he's Mount Rushmore The Chosen One Not One Not Two But...

If he didn't act like a jackass about it all, people would respect his talent.

Bynum has no ankles.

Bynum's ankles are fine, the only thing he has none of is fucks to give
g4liyg:iphone

Hopefully the rockets can win this one just to get some respect and make this series a little competitive. Anything but a sweep. I just don't want this awesome run we had this year and that epic comeback to be ruined by a sweep.

TTG

But can he steal a game like AI did? And who is the Lebron killer, can't be Tyronn Lue again, he's on Cleveland's bench.

Also, because Lebron is staying in the East and the East stays sucking, Lebron is going to be in the finals like 10 times before it's said and done. Why wouldn't he be back next year? 6 in a row.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5-aTpJCeo

Reminisce with me NBA gaf.

But when he takes out Curry "on accident" and destroys the Warriors title chance. It will be too late. It's mind boggling how he's "accidentally" hurt 3 players and hasn't been suspended a single game yet.

It's only mind boggling to you. The NBA hasn't suspended Delly yet because they see it for what it is.

zychi

Banned
Jordan is a peace of shit and people respect his talent, why hate on kebron just cause he's cocky

Jordan was an asshole in order to win. Lebron is just an asshole. Try and find a video of MJ flopping. Try and find a video of MJ running a full court length to whine to a ref.

MJ YELLED at people, he reduced them to tears. He didn't pretend he was hurt, didn't pretend he was dehydrated, didn't wink at players after flopping. He just whooped their ass in the game.

Lebron is a different type of asshole. He throws the boys and girls club in front of a heart rip out of Cleveland. He plants excuses as he plays so he doesn't take the blame. (Remember when he "hurt his shoulder" and quit on Cleveland against Boston? No? MJ would never have done that. Whips his jersey off after the loss, and then blames the owner for not surrounding him with good players (newsflash: Lebron wanted those players, just like he wanted Love over Wiggins)

MJ and Bron are two totally different types of assholes. MJ is a selfish asshole who wanted to win at any cost. Bron is a whiny asshole who should be destroying the league, instead he's laying on the floor whining about a stripped ball, a cramp, or a foot issue.

Even Derrick Rose who is missing two knees, has two bad ankles, doesn't complain like Lebron does.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
Steph stole LeBron's MVP trophy and now he must pay with a Finals L. Balance will soon be restored to the league. Prepare yourself Curry, King James cometh for your head.......

Jordan was an asshole in order to win. Lebron is just an asshole. Try and find a video of MJ flopping. Try and find a video of MJ running a full court length to whine to a ref.

MJ YELLED at people, he reduced them to tears. He didn't pretend he was hurt, didn't pretend he was dehydrated, didn't wink at players after flopping. He just whooped their ass in the game.

Lebron is a different type of asshole. He throws the boys and girls club in front of a heart rip out of Cleveland. He plants excuses as he plays so he doesn't take the blame. (Remember when he "hurt his shoulder" and quit on Cleveland against Boston? No? MJ would never have done that. Whips his jersey off after the loss, and then blames the owner for not surrounding him with good players (newsflash: Lebron wanted those players, just like he wanted Love over Wiggins)

Well said but on a basketball level, Jordan was so much more mentally strong than LeBron.

How many times have you seen the smallest guy on the court get caught on a switch and be defending The King and he doesn't even back the total mismatch down???

It's sad he's that mentally weak but good for the rest of the league because if he would take it to the basket(he gets away with bowling guys over though), he'd be almost unstoppable.

Instead, he often settles for jumpers and he's not the shooter Jordan was.

MJ and Bron are two totally different types of assholes. MJ is a selfish asshole who wanted to win at any cost. Bron is a whiny asshole who should be destroying the league, instead he's laying on the floor whining about a stripped ball, a cramp, or a foot issue.

Even Derrick Rose who is missing two knees, has two bad ankles, doesn't complain like Lebron does.

The key point is that fans didn't know Jordan was an asshole until he retired. The league and of course his sponsors pushed smiling lovable kid-friendly Jordan.

I hope one day you can forgive LeBron for whatever he did to you and your family.

wmlk

I don't understand nitpicking over the most insignificant things about LBJ. Yes, let's assume that he wasn't hurt, but even then the topic of discussion should be how bad it was that he didn't get back on defence. It shouldn't be turned on its head and made into a personal thing against LBJ, which has nothing to do with what kind of basketball player he is.

We can nitpick all day if we're talking personality traits about great basketball players. It's just really stupid to.

I always felt Lebron was like Karl Malone:

Rk Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 LeBron James 2004 2015 911 910 39.3 9.8 19.8 .496 1.4 4.0 .342 8.4 15.8 .535 .531 6.3 8.5 .745 1.2 6.0 7.1 6.9 1.7 0.8 3.4 1.9 27.3
2 Karl Malone* 1986 2004 1476 1471 37.2 9.2 17.8 .516 0.1 0.2 .274 9.1 17.5 .519 .518 6.6 8.9 .742 2.4 7.7 10.1 3.6 1.4 0.8 3.1 3.1 25.0

So far he is, he just shoots 3's where Malone rebounded a bit more.

zychi

Banned
The key point is that fans didn't know Jordan was an asshole until he retired. The league and of course his sponsors pushed smiling lovable kid-friendly Jordan.

Chicago knew. We knew. Pippen got all the hate because of the no tippin Pippen stories. Pip was a bigger social asshole than MJ until he became a Bulls ambassador a few years ago.

Unlike Lebron, MJ didn't burn our city to go play with Bird and Magic. I don't even care that Lebron went to Mia, it's how he did it. Players leave all the time to get a title. My favorite Blackhawk, Hossa, did it with three teams. But he didn't throw the city he just played in under the bus, and he doesn't lay in the middle of the ice pretending he's injured.

Remember the last few years when everyone was toting how insane it was that Lebron could play basketball for basically 3 years straight without stopping? Olympics, FIBA and NBA? Now the media, and Lebron fans are babying him.

MJ didn't get to hand pick his team, he actually picked on the players that were brought in. He punched Steve Kerr in the face, he picked on Bill Cartwright because they traded his buddy Oakley away for him. He STILL rips on Stacey King, who is the Bulls announcer.

Lebron is busy trying to take group instagram photos and trying to decide whether to wear a headband or not.

Big guy has some nice moves. Blessed by Lil B.

Jordan's acting after he was fouled by shaq. Is your internet broken or just selective?

You mean one of the biggest guys to ever play in the NBA knocking MJ on his ass? Or are you reaching for straws here and wanting this to be equal to Bron laying on the ground after faking that he got hit in the face?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktJ8S-PJGEQ

Such grace. Rose, a much smaller guy just crushed Bron.

My favorite Blackhawk, Hossa, did it with three teams.

Hossa's my second favorite Hawk, he's the epitome of a professional.

I don't personally think players are role models but he carries himself the right way and doesn't act like his shit doesn't stink.

Konerko is another good Chicago example.

I relate more to the Barry Sanders type "score and throw the ball to the referee and get back to work" rather than the "This is Awesome NBA Entertainment" farce.

The game is exciting enough for me without the fluff.

I always felt Lebron was like Karl Malone:

Rk Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 LeBron James 2004 2015 911 910 39.3 9.8 19.8 .496 1.4 4.0 .342 8.4 15.8 .535 .531 6.3 8.5 .745 1.2 6.0 7.1 6.9 1.7 0.8 3.4 1.9 27.3
2 Karl Malone* 1986 2004 1476 1471 37.2 9.2 17.8 .516 0.1 0.2 .274 9.1 17.5 .519 .518 6.6 8.9 .742 2.4 7.7 10.1 3.6 1.4 0.8 3.1 3.1 25.0

So far he is, he just shoots 3's where Malone rebounded a bit more.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Jesus Christ, you hate Lebron more than Cavs fans did when he left, and those fans wouldn't attack his play. It's okay the Bulls can't get past him in the playoffs.

It's okay to like Jordan, he is the GOAT, but your hate is completely over the top. Even Bam Bam (a joke poster) doesn't even lay it on that thick.

Insane video. Seemed like MJ was always going after the other teams best player. Just to prove who's better. Only other player I think is nearly as competitive is Kobe like in that all star game.

MJ was a monster in so many ways, nothing but respect for the man. You're right, I remember reading that he was extremely pissed of the time Barkley got the MVP over him and that fueled him to destroy him in the finals.

Top Bottom