• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

I told you guys a few days ago that I was surprised Bron didn't get hurt coming down on his left knee after getting a flagrant from Antic last game. There's no way a dude of his size can come down from that high on one knee awkwardly like that and not get hurt. Antic doesn't even make a play for the ball, he just knocks Lebron out of the air. So the Hawks need to stop running their mouth like pouty bitches who can dish it out but can't take it when one of their guys got hurt after a loose ball. The best player on the Cavs is hurt and it might be partially because of a hard foul the Hawks committed. Here's the foul from game 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5VUaiBNgPU

Although the ankle roll from the Bulls series when he stepped on Noah probably isn't helping either.

I remember watching the Mavs play the Hawks during the regular season this year and they were mugging the shit out of Dirk like it was second the coming of Karl Malone. But the Mavs are soft as shit so they went ahead and took their beating. The Hawks toned it down a bit for the playoffs but during the regular season they played rough as hell.

The Celtics series is a whole nother issue, while what JR Smith and Perkins did to Crowder was wrong. I don't necessarily buy that Olynk simply "didn't know his own strength" after the severity of Love's shoulder injury was revealed.

Jesus. This place will be a freaking mortuary if Cavs win the finals. You all are just as on top of your hate game as you were those two years the heat won it.
KuGsj.gif
The gnashing of teeth and crying when they beat the Thunder was unreal, and people still havent learned that maybe its not good for your blood pressure to hate this dude 24/7.

Literally in the thread calling triple doubles "shit" and hating while the guy wins games sending his team up 0-3. I will never understand the mind of someone who can do this shit year after year.

The hate is real too. I should link the threads on the nights where the Heat won finals games. It was a mess. Dudes were sounding suicidal. Unreal.

It's all good, he got his ass kicked by the Spurs and Mavs to even it all out during his Heat years. I recall you getting pretty upset those years.

it will be all the more the sweeter when the cavs get destroyed in the finals.

hawks are child's playground. the big boys will be waiting in the next round.

Gonna be real sweet bro. Steph Curry lighting them up as the new star of this league and MVP. I talk up a lot of teams even when I'm not sure about them but god damn do I believe in this Warriors team. Even when they were down 2-1 it just felt like a matter of time before they turned it on. No amount of fools gold knicks castaways is gonna change the writing on the wall.

giphy.gif

Missed the game but laughing at how dumb LeBron is pushing his body to beat the hawks, just take a L and rest , you'll need to be 100% for the next series

the fuck was that hawks player looking at the ball going out of bounds, the mentality some professional players have boggles my mind, from being SHOOK to doing dumb things like that.

I told you guys a few days ago that I was surprised Bron didn't get hurt coming down on his left knee after getting a flagrant from Antic last game. There's no way a dude of his size can come down from that high on one knee awkwardly like that and not get hurt. Antic doesn't even make a play for the ball, he just knocks Lebron out of the air. So the Hawks need to stop running their mouth like pouty bitches who can dish it out but can't take it when one of their guys got hurt after a loose ball. The best player on the Cavs is hurt and it might be partially because of a hard foul the Hawks committed. Here's the foul from game 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5VUaiBNgPU

Although the ankle roll from the Bulls series when he stepped on Noah probably isn't helping either.

I remember watching the Mavs play the Hawks during the regular season this year and they were mugging the shit out of Dirk like it was second the coming of Karl Malone. But the Mavs are soft as shit so they went ahead and took their beating. The Hawks toned it down a bit for the playoffs but during the regular season they played rough as hell.

The Celtics series is a whole nother issue, while what JR Smith and Perkins did to Crowder was wrong. I don't necessarily buy that Olynk simply "didn't know his own strength" after the severity of Love's shoulder injury was revealed.

The worst thing in the video is the diarrhea coming out of Reggie's mouth. He was glad and happy with the foul by antic, even though he could have ended the playoffs for LeBron for no reason at all. Since LeBron continues to play nothing is said but that was dirty.

Transparent as fuck, like some posters in this thread.

damisa

Ppl in here really hate LeBron James. It's quite amazing to read the comments after a Cavs win.

It's just jealousy. You don't have to like him, but to actively hate him, I see no other reason than jealousy. The switch teams excuse is BS. Everyone has a right to work for whoever they want. They would all have wanted him on their team, they won't admit this though.

overcast

Yeah idk what it is, I like Lebron plenty. I understand why many don't, but the lengths people go to.

Anyway, Cavs/Warriors should be a good finals. I think the Warriors take it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's just jealousy. You don't have to like him, but to actively hate him, I see no other reason than jealousy. The switch teams excuse is BS. Everyone has a right to work for whoever they want. They would all have wanted him on their team, they won't admit this though.

A lot of people genuinely don't like his playing style at times. Same reason why a lot of people don't like Harden, though Lebron doesn't go to that extreme.

Champagne

Banned
If you read the thread, you'll know that Bam isn't a Warriors fan.
I wasn't directing that at him.

It was a general statement regarding the line he mentioned about how people are still doubting the Warriors or some shit.

Just know that there are actual Warriors fans out there that truly believe their team are some sort of underdogs that have been getting nothing but disrespect and not their fair due.

It's quite comical.

zychi

Banned
A lot of people genuinely don't like his playing style at times. Same reason why a lot of people don't like Harden, though Lebron doesn't go to that extreme.
https://vine.co/v/eqQhUPUAEFT

Nearly cost his team the game if Atl would have scored at the other end. I mean, when you're the face of the NBA and the face of basketball around the world this is a great example of his greatness and ability to rise up to a challenge.

Weird how ESPN doesn't show this highlight but keeps comparing his game that started 0-10, and ended with him pretending to be "hurt." Even though the "hurt" is because the best, richest, backed by Gatorade, Nike, and every other NBA sponsors player doesn't know how to hydrate himself like a player in a pick up game does.

But hey, lets compare him to a man who puked his guts out for 12 hours before carrying his team to a victory. It's totally the same.

I wonder why no one besides Cle fans like him. Remember a year ago when Cle fans hated him?

People don't like Lebron because on the court he is a punk and the histrionics wear on anyone that is not a complete homer. That vine vid above is a perfect example. A no name scrub behaving like he does would get T'd up every game.

It's great that he's basically Jesus off the court but that's not where I watch him play.

damisa

Nearly cost his team the game if Atl would have scored at the other end. I mean, when you're the face of the NBA and the face of basketball around the world this is a great example of his greatness and ability to rise up to a challenge.

Weird how ESPN doesn't show this highlight but keeps comparing his game that started 0-10, and ended with him pretending to be "hurt." Even though the "hurt" is because the best, richest, backed by Gatorade, Nike, and every other NBA sponsors player doesn't know how to hydrate himself like a player in a pick up game does.

But hey, lets compare him to a man who puked his guts out for 12 hours before carrying his team to a victory. It's totally the same.

I wonder why no one besides Cle fans like him. Remember a year ago when Cle fans hated him?

This is like the perfect post of irrational hate I was talking about. Complaining at Lebron doing what every player does (complain about calls). Complaining about ESPN not showing an insignificant play. Complaining about the media over-hyping everything like they always do.

I am not a CLE fan and I like Lebron. I also like Harden and Westbrook, two other players that get irrational hate. Lebron was once again the top-selling jersey from all NBA players. Must be lots of CLE fans out there since everyone else hates him apparently.

zychi

Banned
This is like the perfect post of irrational hate I was talking about. Complaining at Lebron doing what every player does (complain about calls). Complaining about ESPN not showing an insignificant play. Complaining about the media over-hyping everything like they always do.

I am not a CLE fan and I like Lebron. I also like Harden and Westbrook, two other players that get irrational hate. Lebron was once again the top-selling jersey from all NBA players. Must be lots of CLE fans out there since everyone else hates him apparently.
Kobe's jersey was the number 1 seller during his rape trial. Fans aren't smart. See all the Miami Heat fans who left early.

Harden and Westbrook don't get 24 hour skewed coverage on ESPN, neither have been MVP, and neither have won a championship. May as well compare Lebron to Ron Artest.

ESPN shows instagram and tweets from Lebron, why wouldn't they show him flopping on the floor, complaining to the refs like they've been showing him laying on the floor pretending to be injured?

They show it when everyone else complains to the refs after Lebron bullrushes and travels his way to the rim.

damisa

Kobe's jersey was the number 1 seller during his rape trial. Fans aren't smart. See all the Miami Heat fans who left early.

Harden and Westbrook don't get 24 hour skewed coverage on ESPN, neither have been MVP, and neither have won a championship. May as well compare Lebron to Ron Artest.

ESPN shows instagram and tweets from Lebron, why wouldn't they show him flopping on the floor, complaining to the refs like they've been showing him laying on the floor pretending to be injured?

They show it when everyone else complains to the refs after Lebron bullrushes and travels his way to the rim.

I don't care what their reasons are, I just stated that many people do like Lebron. ESPN doesn't care about Lebron, it cares about ratings. ESPN shows Lebron tweets because he is super popular. Even people who dislike him will probably read them to get something new to complain about. Remember the heat check stuff? They did that because it was actually popular. During Lebron's streak with 60% shooting I remember them saying there were constantly huge traffic in Miami boxscores on the ESPN site.

I wasn't directing that at him.

It was a general statement regarding the line he mentioned about how people are still doubting the Warriors or some shit.

Just know that there are actual Warriors fans out there that truly believe their team are some sort of underdogs that have been getting nothing but disrespect and not their fair due.

It's quite comical.

This is true, the feel like underdogs and scared of even the Pelicans.

You should read this Mister.

Hopefully it can explain some things.

I don't like the way he plays most of the time and his fake theatrics like he was pulling last night. I'd rather watch westbrook every single day of the week. Russell got his face smashed in and he barely even acknowledged it during the game. Meanwhile Lebron is tired and we get this Oscar worthy performance.

d8CgZH4.gif

damisa

I don't like the way he plays most of the time and his fake theatrics like he was pulling last night. I'd rather watch westbrook every single day of the week. Russell got his face smashed in and he barely even acknowledged it during the game. Meanwhile Lebron is tired and we get this Oscar worthy performance.

d8CgZH4.gif

Honest question. How do you know he's faking? He played 47min in an OT playoff game. Was there footage of him 2 minutes later in the lockroom sprinting around high fiving people?

Honest question. How do you know he's faking? He played 47min in an OT playoff game. Was there footage of him 2 minutes later in the lockroom sprinting around high fiving people?

Sure looks he's hamming it up to me. He sits down to do the interview then gets right back up and walks around as soon as he's done.

zychi

Banned
I don't care what their reasons are, I just stated that many people do like Lebron. ESPN doesn't care about Lebron, it cares about ratings. ESPN shows Lebron tweets because he is super popular. Even people who dislike him will probably read them to get something new to complain about. Remember the heat check stuff? They did that because it was actually popular. During Lebron's streak with 60% shooting I remember them saying there were constantly huge traffic in Miami boxscores on the ESPN site.

One of ESPN's highest rated shows includes two people the entire world hates in Skip and Stephen A. What brings in ratings isn't the same thing as people liking something. The Kardashian shows get great ratings, doesn't mean they are popular because of positive PR.

Notice how you keep bringing up stats? NBA fans are going to look those up regardless if they follow a team. Lebron is the best player in the league, he is going to be googled, he is going to have his stats looked at online.

It's the other bullshit everyone hates.

They show the bullshit over and over on ESPN. They don't even show his PER stat, a stat made up by an ESPN employee because it shows how shitty he played during the game. Yet, they continually push their QBR stat that makes everyone look good.

They don't show his +/-, they don't do it for any players because ESPN isn't about showing what's actually going on. That's not what they show on tv. They show the drama he fakes. The "bad ankle roll" the "i want a sub, no wait i don't"

No one started a trend called Hardening or Wadeing, the flopping trend was called Lebroning.

I despise Lebron, but respect his game. When I was in Miami a few years ago for work, I made it a priority I go see him play in Miami. Doesn't mean I have to like the guy because I bought a ticket to watch the Big 3 in their first year together.

zychi

Banned
Pretty impressive to play a 47min OT playoff game and be able to do that. He is quite a beast.

Right? To have the foresight to fake an injury, call for a sub, tell them to sit back down so the cameras see you being tough. I mean, it's amazing he's been able to milk two injuries in less than two weeks.

Even Kyrie didn't get a full 24 hour ESPN cycle of coverage for playing actually injured and sitting now.

Can you imagine if he pulls a Paul Pierce and needs a wheelchair to come out?

Batista_display_image.gif

suberzat

I think they call that the face of the league

Yep, it's why I hope somehow they beat the Warriors in the Finals. The Salt will flow like Milk and Honey.

Not as sweet as a 2-4 finals record and Cleveland staying Cleveland. That's the kind of salt with a capital S that makes it all worthwhile.

Pretty impressive to play a 47min OT playoff game and be able to do that. He is quite a beast.

I'd respect him more if he acted like a beast rather than a drama major auditioning for his next role.

zychi

Banned
Not as sweet as a 2-4 finals record and Cleveland staying Cleveland. That's the kind of salt with a capital S that makes it all worthwhile.

I'd respect him more if he acted like a beast rather than a drama major auditioning for his next role.

He's practicing for all those shitty commercials he does.

Top Bottom