• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Weird how you forget about Fisher, Big shot Rob, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, one of the best defenders in recent memory.

Weird how you forget that Kobe won every title he had with Phil as his coach, and hasn't done shit without him.

Despite everyone always claiming Bron wants his coach fired. He really hasn't gotten any of them fired. Brown, Blatt or Spo. Spo was a "joke" coach who became Riley light.

Malone and Payton were over the hill when they played with Kobe. They were about as valuable as Haslem and Norris Cole at that point. I'll give you the others, but if we're going to go down the route of role players, Lebron had great ones too like Battier, Allen, and Chris Anderson.

shaq in the early 2000's was insanely dominant. the only hope you had was to get him into foul trouble early and get him out of the game but there was nothing that could be done to stop him beyond that. shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dwade/bosh (combined)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Malone and Payton were over the hill when they played with Kobe. They were about as valuable as Haslem and Norris Cole at that point. I'll give you the others, but if we're going to go down the route of role players, Lebron had great ones too like Battier, Allen, and Chris Anderson.

You're the one who went down that road... and it was shot down. Kobe's cast has been better from the ground up, no contest.

Lebron is building an impressive resume for GOAT.

131923d1403679294-tim-duncan-vs-kobe-bryant-poll-nba-most-trophys.jpg

If we're counting championship trophies as a measurement of individual accomplishments then where is Bill Russel in this graphic?

uhh shaq, the most dominant center of our generation, arguably all time? Yeah definitely not as good as the hobbled dwade and the boshtritch.

Wade is no joke. He carried his team to championship in 06. I think it's a disservice to just call him a "hobbled dwade." He is a top 5 player for the past decade. Sure Kobe might have got it easy with O'neal, but Lebron got it easy too playing with Wade and Bosh.

You're the one who went down that road... and it was shot down. Kobe's cast has been better from the ground up, no contest.

I was sticking to the biggest supporting player, mainly all-stars. He started talking about smaller role players, then ignored Lebron's role players, so I mentioned some that I thought are just as good as the one's he mentioned. I disagree that there is no contest. I think Lebron had the better supporting cast.

zychi

Banned
Wade is no joke. He carried his team to championship in 06. I think it's a disservice to just call him a "hobbled dwade." He is a top 5 player for the past decade. Sure Kobe might have got it easy with O'neal, but Lebron got it easy too playing with Wade and Bosh.
Wade also had an aged, but stil great Shaq, Payton(who you claim was washed up with Lakers but managed to start for Mia and win), and Haslem.

Weird how he won a title with a worse lineup than Kobe did the year before with similar players.

Wade also had an aged, but stil great Shaq, Payton(who you claim was washed up with Lakers but managed to start for Mia and win), and Haslem.

Weird how he won a title with a worse lineup than Kobe did the year before with similar players.

Wade had a monster Finals that year. One of the best Finals performances ever. That's why Shaq got that ring. That also just goes to show how big Wade was for Lebron.

Hyped. This game will basically define the identity of this series. If the rockets lose, it will be a dominant 'gentalmans sweep' series by the warriors. If the rockets win, it will be a hard fought series between two good teams with at minimum 6 games.

zychi

Banned
Wade had a monster Finals that year. One of the best Finals performances ever. That's why Shaq got that ring. That also just goes to show how big Wade was for Lebron.
I'm not arguing against Lebron's cast. I'm saying Kobe has had better teams and did less. Lakers never could lean on Kobe when it mattered someone else had to take over, Bron used to have that problem but got over it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I was sticking to the biggest supporting player, mainly all-stars. He started talking about smaller role players, then ignored Lebron's role players, so I mentioned some that I thought are just as good as the one's he mentioned. I disagree that there is no contest. I think Lebron had the better supporting cast.

DWADE outside of the first season in MIA, was an absolute shell of himself. Don't get me wrong, DWADE was a machine. Also Shaq and Dirk played very large role in that 06. Bosh? Totally average. I'd take Gasol allllll day over Bosh.

I'm not arguing against Lebron's cast. I'm saying Kobe has had better teams and did less. Lakers never could lean on Kobe when it mattered someone else had to take over, Bron used to have that problem but got over it.

Yea, I'm not arguing against Kobe's cast either really. Honestly I think the casts are very close in talent. I just give the slight edge to Lebron's. I could see the other side of the argument easily, so I'm not going to you you're wrong. Also just checked Payton's and Malone's stats from 04 and they were a bigger part of team than I remember, so I was wrong about them being over the hill.

DWADE outside of the first season in MIA, was an absolute shell of himself. Don't get me wrong, DWADE was a machine. Also Shaq and Dirk played very large role in that 06. Bosh? Totally average. I'd take Gasol allllll day over Bosh.

If Bosh is average, Kevin Love is below average. Bosh is a perennial all star player. But yea, Gasol was definitely better than Bosh in his prime, and probably still is actually.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If Bosh is average, Kevin Love is below average. Bosh is a perennial all star player. But yea, Gasol was definitely better than Bosh in his prime, and probably still is actually.

huh? You're supporting my point, Bron's cast has never been as good as Kobe's. From coaching, to sidekicks, to the bench, period. It's pretty cut and dry to be honest.

huh? You're supporting my point, Bron's cast has never been as good as Kobe's. From coaching, to sidekicks, to the bench, period. It's pretty cut and dry to be honest.

No I'm not because even though Gasol is better than Bosh, that is comparing the 2nd and 3rd option. Wade is a better 2nd option than Gasol, and at best I would put Bynum on par with Bosh, but Bosh is probably better. Then you have the role players, which were about even IMO.

Godslay

Banned
No I'm not because even though Gasol is better than Bosh, that is comparing the 2nd and 3rd option. Wade is a better 2nd option than Gasol, and at best I would put Bynum on par with Bosh, but Bosh is probably better. Then you have the role players, which were about even IMO.

When Bynum was on, he was more dominate than Bosh. He had the talent and size to be great, he just lacked the drive and discipline.

Plus he was never really healthy.

Line_HTX

That's some serious dedication from those two old ladies... going to the same seats for at least two decades every season...

Gotta give props. They're the true Warriors fans

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Bynum was an absolute monster when healthy. Prime healthy Bynum over Bosh is a no brainer. That being said it was very rare. Bosh never really thrived as a third option. He was too much of a jump shooter not enough of a post presence or a rebounder for a big man in that system. He was good don't get me wrong I just think that Lakers team during their run was so stacked. If there wasn't some obvious disconnect between Kobe and Pau they'd have beat the Mavs that year. Also Lamar Odom was a beast back then.

So if the rockets win tonight do any of you think they have a legit chance of completing the comeback?

I'm not a huge rocket fan but I might have to bust out the Olajuwon jersey.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So if the rockets win tonight do any of you think they have a legit chance of completing the comeback?

Likely not, but who knows. It's tough to tell with young teams. I think warriors close it out tonight, but anytime you bring it 3-2 it's back to game on.

Line_HTX

Man, as much as I love the Rockets... that's almost too much to overcome. Even though there have been 3 teams in history who were down 0-3 in the series to force a Game 7, no one made the actual comeback. A perfect 117-0 by the leading team if you count the Cavs. If anything, I hope the Rockets make history by winning 5 straight elimination games by at least 10 points each. This Rockets team really loves to troll my heart, I swear...

They should at least force Game 6 just so J.J. Watt can twerk on national TV again. =D

Edit: I know the 4-0 comeback happens a lot in hockey, and only happened once with the Yankees, but I don't get why it never happens in basketball....

GET IT DONE DUBS!!!!

Wake the FUk up KLAY!!!

I hope the Dubs win, but I've got to hand it to the Rockets. Their players, especially Harden, has really earned my respect. He's a big game player and there is more to his game than simply drawing fouls.

Warriors are going to have to take the WCF. The Rockets aren't going to hand it to them.

(I still hate the Rockets regular season announcing team. HATE listening to them)

Godslay

Banned
GET IT DONE DUBS!!!!

Wake the FUk up KLAY!!!

I hope the Dubs win, but I've got to hand it to the Rockets. Their players, especially Harden, has really earned my respect. He's a big game player and there is more to his game than simply drawing fouls.

Warriors are going to have to take the WCF. The Rockets aren't going to hand it to them.

(I still hate the Rockets regular season announcing team. HATE listening to them)

Weren't you a Lakers fan?

Rainy

Banned

Yeah I think they do honestly. They seem to play so good during these elimination games lately.

Line_HTX

GET IT DONE DUBS!!!!

Wake the FUk up KLAY!!!

Who are you talking about? You talkin' shet about Bill Warrell and Matt Bullard's No Bull Zone? :p

Godslay

Banned
Kobe fan. I've watched over 600 Lakers games over the years though. I've liked the Warriors for the past 3 seasons (had league pass in Los Angeles so I've seen a shit ton of their games).

So?

I just distinctly remember seeing your avatar with the Lakers emblem in it. Now it's replaced by the Warriors.

I guess it's just like being a Raiders fan and a 9ers fan.

Top Bottom