• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Fjordson

You could also take the silence as a good thing, as in he's feeling fine so there's nothing to report. Hopefully it's that.
That's what I'm hoping for also. And the local writers I follow on twitter aren't saying anything out of the ordinary about game 5. Just seems incredible that he isn't hurt after that fall. And as a pessimistic fan I keep expecting bad news :lol

I'm not gonna even talk about the potential Cavs matchup until the Dubs actually eliminate the Rockets.

I just read through the last page and the Triston Thompson over Draymond? If you watch the W's play, Draymond has been the anchor for the W's defense this postseason, not Bogut. He's had to go through the gauntlet of front courts this postseason. Vs AD, there was a stat in the series that AD's fg% was high 30's to low 40's when Draymond was on the court and 50's - 60's when he was off. He kept Z-Bo largely in check for the whole series. Not being a traditional PF in his case is a strength not a weakness. He's strong enough to hold his own against the bigger players (Gasol and Z-Bo) and also quick and long enough to check point guards. Our small ball lineup gives up very little on defense because his versatility and defensive prowess allows the W's to play him at the 5. As for rebounding, I don't really have any advanced stat to mention (but his 10+ boards a game average during the playoffs should be quite telling) but dude comes from the school of Izzo and and by the eye test, I rarely see him lose going after contested boards ( I can't count how many times he's had clutch putbacks against guys bigger than him)

But his biggest strength is his bball IQ. The guy is rarely out of position and is always making the right basketball plays. It's why from day one he's been beloved by the Warriors fanbase even when he was the 8th guy off the bench. Offensively, he's pragmatically added things to his game over the years to make him effective on that side of the court. His 3 ball isn't amazing but it's respectable. His playmaking as Steph's safety valve has been invaluable (evidenced by those 5 assists/game in the playoffs) and he's added initiating the offense off a defense board into his repertoire. In this series, we've started to see him go to the post when matched up against smaller players.

Draymond is never going to be someone that'll force a team to gameplan against him but he damn well will sabotage what the opposing team wants to do.

It's probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. TT over Green my god...

Has anyone heard anything on Curry? I'm still dreading that breaking news that he's out for the playoffs.

He's fine. Not on the injury list and wasn't diagnosed with a concussion. He went through the concussion protocol twice during the game just to make sure. That's why it took so long for him to return.

Lil B From The Pack ✔@LILBTHEBASEDGOD

Sending a warning to lebron James Kyrie jr smith and iman shumpert yall stealing swag Lil B cooking dance what yall doing #warned - Lil B
1:07 PM - 27 May 2015
https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD/status/603608386676989952

Their fate has been sealed folks.

Looks like Shumpert came with a peace offering lol

. @LILBTHEBASEDGOD Preciate the swag killa ����. I cooks I chef �� all love
2:26 PM - 27 May 2015
https://twitter.com/I_Am_Iman/status/603628415510544384

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Season saved

FtWYjLC.png

Random thought but I think Lebron should make it his life's work to take terrible teams to the finals and or win a chip. Just switch teams every offseason and build drama for which bum squad is going to be taken to the promised land next.

Season saved

FtWYjLC.png

we got B's blessin?!!? we already fuckin won!

Random thought but I think Lebron should make it his life's work to take terrible teams to the finals and or win a chip. Just switch teams every offseason and build drama for which bum squad is going to be taken to the promised land next.
Like a sports Harriet Tubman? I could respect that. Just as long as we get ours. All I want is a single 'Ship for my city. I'm not greedy. I don't need one in every major sport. Just one. I don't want to have lived and died without being able to go to a parade for one of my pro teams.

zychi

Banned
If Cavs win the title, where does Bron move for everyone in best ever list? I think he makes it to top 5 for me

MJ
Russell
Kareem
Duncan
Lebron
Bird/Magic
Shaq
Wilt
Oscar

If Cavs win the title, where does Bron move for everyone in best ever list? I think he makes it to top 5 for me

MJ
Russell
Kareem
Duncan
Lebron
Bird/Magic
Shaq
Wilt
Oscar

Whats his record?

Where do we put the Bills in the 90's all time?

Joke list for not having Kobe in the top 3.

Please man.

zychi

Banned
Whats his record?

Where do we put the Bills in the 90's all time?

Joke list for not having Kobe in the top 3.

Please man.

Bills never won a title. Lebron has 2. NFL is a team sport, NBA really isn't besides 1 or 2 guys going off and making it to the finals you need a team then.

Kobe is an overrated star who needed Shaq(who legitimately had rules made and changed the game because of it) to win his first titles, then disappeared for a few years besides scoring, then reappeared when he got Bynum and Pau and got bounced out of the playoffs every year in his "prime" when any of those player were hurt or gone. When Shaq had a bad game against Detroit, Kobe was a no-show and they lose the series. Kobe had Shaq shipped off, guess how many finals appearances he had until he got Pau? 0.

Kobe went 6/24 in the clinching game against Bos, and Pau bailed his ass out.
He's top 15, but he doesn't belong anywhere in the top 10. ESPN and Kobe's narrative has changed over the years to make him seem better than he actually is.

His "clutch" story is laughable this site is from 2013:
http://swishnba.com/tag/the-truth-about-kobe-in-the-clutch/

Pau got robbed of one of those Finals MVPs. And like KD, Derrick, Nash and many others have shown, the reg season MVP means jackshit.

Bills never won a title. Lebron has 2. NFL is a team sport, NBA really isn't besides 1 or 2 guys going off and making it to the finals you need a team then.

Kobe is an overrated star who needed Shaq(who legitimately had rules made and changed the game because of it) to win his first titles, then disappeared for a few years besides scoring, then reappeared when he got Bynum and Pau and got bounced out of the playoffs every year in his "prime" when any of those player were hurt or gone. When Shaq had a bad game against Detroit, Kobe was a no-show and they lose the series. Kobe had Shaq shipped off, guess how many finals appearances he had until he got Pau? 0.

He's top 15, but he doesn't belong anywhere in the top 10. ESPN and Kobe's narrative has changed over the years to make him seem better than he actually is.

I do not agree with anything you said, other than ending your sentences with periods.

Had to look that one up. Dirk has some immaculate stats.

Yea, amazing that he's almost shot 50/40/90 for his career average, I mean he's a bit below it but still.

When all is said and done I think Curry will easily be on those lists with the way he's shattering records. Statistically his career stats are pretty amazing other than that 11-12' year he was hurt.

Fjordson

Yeah, I think Curry will end up top 20 if he stays healthy. It's rare that you can say someone is definitively the best at something, but Curry will definitely go down as the greatest shooter of all time barring some crazy drop off.

zychi

Banned
Yeah, I think Curry will end up top 20 if he stays healthy. It's rare that you can say someone is definitively the best at something, but Curry will definitely go down as the greatest shooter of all time barring some crazy drop off.

I hope he does. Right now he seems to be a better Reggie Miller with a great team around him. I love watching the chef play tho.

Pau got robbed of one of those Finals MVPs. And like KD, Derrick, Nash and many others have shown, the reg season MVP means jackshit.

Lebron had better teammates for his 2 titles than Kobe did for his 5 titles.

Wade/Bosh > O'neal and Gasol/Bynum. 5 > 2. Kobe > Lebron currently.

I would change my mind if Lebron somehow carries this Cavs team to a championship, but it's not happenning.

Godslay

Banned
Lebron is building an impressive resume for GOAT.

131923d1403679294-tim-duncan-vs-kobe-bryant-poll-nba-most-trophys.jpg

Cool graphic, but we all know Lebraun is the drama King.

After watching that 47 minute performance where he was feigning cramps really turned me off to him, especially when he took off and high fived his teammates! The nerve of that asshole!

zychi

Banned

I would change my mind if Lebron somehow carries this Cavs team to a championship, but it's not happenning.

Weird how you forget about Fisher, Big shot Rob, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, one of the best defenders in recent memory.

Weird how you forget that Kobe won every title he had with Phil as his coach, and hasn't done shit without him.

Despite everyone always claiming Bron wants his coach fired. He really hasn't gotten any of them fired. Brown, Blatt or Spo. Spo was a "joke" coach who became Riley light.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

uhh shaq, the most dominant center of our generation, arguably all time? Yeah definitely not as good as the hobbled dwade and the boshtritch.

Godslay

Banned
uhh shaq, the most dominant center of our generation, arguably all time? Yeah definitely not as good as the hobbled dwade and the boshtritch.

Lakers got prime diesel Shaq, with an experienced master in Phil. Kobe had more help than most will give him credit for.

It's not a bad thing to get help.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lakers got prime diesel Shaq, with a experienced master in Phil. Kobe had more help than most will give him credit for.

It's not a bad thing to get help.

No it's definitely not, I just think that statement was a little ridiculous. Shaq was the MVPs of Kobes 3 rings, then went on to snag another one. He was an absolutely dominant force. Shaq had help from Kobe, not the other way around.

Top Bottom