• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Fjordson

The incentive is a good game that gives players the chance to exert maximum influence over the game on their terms. Basketball is not a pure sport so context matters, and Curry got his shot off unmolested before turning his body to absorb inevitable contact from a crunch time hard close out.

It's also easier to swallow because Speights' traveled right before the shot, which nulls the entire situation right there. As a result we got a clean, clutch shot from one of the greatest shooters in NBA history. Everybody wins. Refs did the right thing.
Hmm, guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one breh.

Leave it to the warriors fans to bitch and moan about inconsequential non calls on a game they should had lost but won because of the refs non call on their multiple offensive 3 second violations. Stop it you aren't victims or underdog's is pathetic.

Fjordson

Leave it to the warriors fans to bitch and moan about inconsequential non calls on a game they should had lost but won because of the refs non call on their multiple offensive 3 second violations. Stop it you aren't victims or underdog's is pathetic.
lol. This is great. Love the playoffs.

Trey

Hmm, guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one breh.

To me, it's pretty biased to complain about an and-one call that probably wouldn't have been called even if Curry missed when Speights walked right in front of that same ref a split second before.

We could be watching the GOAT as far as 3 point shooting goes.

Yeah he is a special player, arguably one of the most complete players in the league. Great shooter, excellent passer, good defender, etc.

Weren't a lot of people talking trash about him before he was drafted, like saying he was going to be a flop? Maybe I am thinking of Durant?

Fjordson

To me, it's pretty biased to complain about an and-one call that probably wouldn't have been called even if Curry missed when Speights walked right in front of that same ref a split second before.
I mean we won the game, so I'm kinda just shooting the shit. This ain't a serious complaint or me being angry. Was just wondering why they didn't call it.

As for Speights traveling, I see maybe 10-15 uncalled travels every game. Conservative estimate. So I'm not too surprised they didn't call that. A shooter getting bodied into the front row like he's a QB in the pocket is a lot rarer and seems like a much easier call to make.

Yeah he is a special player, arguably one of the most complete players in the league. Great shooter, excellent passer, good defender, etc.

Weren't a lot of people talking trash about him before he was drafted, like saying he was going to be a flop? Maybe I am thinking of Durant?
I think people thought he'd be a good player, or maybe a solid one, after his NCAA tourney, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find people who predicted he would be an MVP / top 5 player. His ball handling and ability to score outside of 3's have both grown a lot since his early years. And his small frame hasn't hindered him like some people thought.

Don't remember specifics about Durant early on, but you're probably not wrong since he was so skinny.

BadAss2961

D26xE3c.gif

overcast

Why is there so many examples of random food shit happening this playoffs? That dude hitting Hill and Woodson stealing chips lmfao

This bucks fan tho... (twiiter link, here is the pic)

scust.png

And Lebron on Turner after the block. (YT link)
"You tried!"
default_troll.png

Oh man, lots of great games tonight. Dallas wil probably get blown the hell out. Barrea and Felton just won't be good enough. And Chandler and Dirk looking like they hit senility whenever Dwight is on the floor.

spyder_ur

Wow. No one wants to play D today, huh? Dirk is an absolute statue on D. Harden is embarrassing, that's the third time he got beat down the floor already, and he's not closing on 3s.

Long gone are the days where Howard was so good that he could drag a team to a top-5 defense all by himself. What's weird is some of these guys (Ariza, Smith) have pretty good reps as defenders.

Derwind

I just got in to catch the half, hopefully the Raps show some heart.

Otherwise lets scrap these playoffs, I'll be waiting in the offseason.

Top Bottom