• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

t5w17Tg.gif

I dont think any team has ever came back from 3-0

According to wikipedia when it comes to any best of 7 series (and the conferences that use them)

Wikipedia said:
Only in six instances has a team been able to come back from being down 0–3 to win a series:

The Toronto Maple Leafs vs. the Detroit Red Wings in the 1942 Stanley Cup Finals
The New York Islanders vs. the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 1975 Stanley Cup Quarterfinals
The Boston Red Sox vs. the New York Yankees in the 2004 American League Championship Series
The Philadelphia Flyers vs. the Boston Bruins in the 2010 Stanley Cup Eastern Conference Semifinals
The Los Angeles Kings vs. the San Jose Sharks in the 2014 Stanley Cup Western Conference Quarterfinals
SKA St. Petersburg vs. CSKA Moscow in the 2015 Gagarin Cup Western Conference Finals
Mike Richards and Jeff Carter are the only players to have been a part of two come backs from being down 0-3, having played for both the 2010 Philadelphia Flyers and the 2014 Los Angeles Kings.

Additionally, the following eight teams were able to force a seventh game in a series after being down 0–3, subsequently losing it:

The New York Rangers vs. the Boston Bruins in the 1939 Stanley Cup Semifinals
The Detroit Red Wings vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 1945 Stanley Cup Finals
The New York Knicks vs. the Rochester Royals in the 1951 NBA Finals
The New York Islanders vs. the Philadelphia Flyers in the 1975 Stanley Cup Semifinals
The Denver Nuggets vs. the Utah Jazz in the 1994 NBA Western Conference Semifinals
The Portland Trail Blazers vs. the Dallas Mavericks in the 2003 NBA Western Conference First Round
The Chicago Blackhawks vs. the Vancouver Canucks in the 2011 Stanley Cup Western Conference Quarterfinals
The Detroit Red Wings vs. the San Jose Sharks in the 2011 Stanley Cup Western Conference Semifinals

So yeah, it has never happened and has only gone to Game Seven thrice

Fjordson

You missed a hell of a finish man.
Yeah, shit is crazy lol.

I was at dinner with the wife and had my phone on airplane mode, but I turned it off on the way back and had like 10 texts from friends and a bunch of notifications from my Bleacher Report app about the game.

We should just abolish the first round of the NBA playoffs. Yea... yea I know we are losing games but c'mon this shit is 3-0 across the board except for Clips/Spurs.

Top Bottom