• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but it's true. If Kaminsky said the exact same words, this would have exploded into a national media story, he'd probably have to sit out part of today's game, his draft stock would plummet, and he'd probably have to take some 'counselling' or something. I don't think what he said should be "let go" because it was an offensive as fuck statement regardless of whether or not he was salty.

I know that I'm just saying it's not gonna change anything bringing it up. Plus Kaminsky's smarter than that. The context he meant it when he said that was not any worst than say "Fuck that bitch/fool/punk/whatever"

In other news the line is now -1 for Wisconsin. It's no longer a pick em

jmizzal

Harrison just can't believe his band of high paid AAU all stars was clowned by a cracker. He's a racist, but the ok kind of racist.

I dont know if he is a racist or not, but you cant call him a racist based on what he said, first of all he was saying it under his breath but the mics picked it up. 2nd its something kids say all the time about somebody they not trying to hear about, black, Hispanic or white.

Aaron Rodger, JJ Watt, Michael Finley, Joe Thomas and Devin Harris all in attendance for tonight's game. Oh man.

Harrison just can't believe his band of high paid AAU all stars was clowned by a cracker. He's a racist, but the ok kind of racist.

Harrison is in no way shape or form a racist. Lol

As an Iowan, the sad reality is that a sweet 16 appearance or January 1 bowl is about the best thing I can ever hope for. I'm reduced to rooting for the B10 in general.
TnjmO04.jpg

Fjordson

I'm sorry, but it's true. If Kaminsky said the exact same words, this would have exploded into a national media story, he'd probably have to sit out part of today's game, his draft stock would plummet, and he'd probably have to take some 'counselling' or something. I don't think what he said should be "let go" because it was an offensive as fuck statement regardless of whether or not he was salty.
The two parties actually involved are okay about it, though. And Andrew Harrison is already done for the season...

Also, I'm sort of confused about the Kaminsky thing. You're saying if a white guy calls a black guy a "nigga" the consequences are different? Not exactly shocking news.

What a great freaking day of sports. Last game of the college basketball season and first games of the baseball season.

I think I'm less nervous for this one than I was for 2010 honestly. I know that Wisconsin is a great team and that it'll be a tough game to win. I also recognize that the unfortunate business of being Duke basketball is that (like the Yankees in baseball) the only metric by which they are judged is the number of championships. Close isn't good enough, every year that doesn't end in a title is a failure.

But no matter what happens, I'm proud of these kids. They've gotten farther than I ever expected them to get, in spite of all the in-season adversity and the fact that they have only 8 players.

P.S. Can we kill the discussion (or start a whole separate thread) on Andrew Harrison's comments now? He's no longer in the tournament and the guy that still is in the tournament killed the story. As far as I'm concerned, the cultural re-appropriation of the n-word and its derivatives is outside of the purview of this thread.

What a great freaking day of sports. Last game of the college basketball season and first games of the baseball season.

I think I'm less nervous for this one than I was for 2010 honestly. I know that Wisconsin is a great team and that it'll be a tough game to win. I also recognize that the unfortunate business of being Duke basketball is that (like the Yankees in baseball) the only metric by which they are judged is the number of championships. Close isn't good enough, every year that doesn't end in a title is a failure.

But no matter what happens, I'm proud of these kids. They've gotten farther than I ever expected them to get, in spite of all the in-season adversity and the fact that they have only 8 players.

P.S. Can we kill the discussion (or start a whole separate thread) on Andrew Harrison's comments now? He's no longer in the tournament and the guy that still is in the tournament killed the story. As far as I'm concerned, the cultural re-appropriation of the n-word and its derivatives is outside of the purview of this thread.

I'm the opposite. Way more nervous about this game than I was against Butler going in. I'm hoping I've been wrong on both counts come tomorrow.

I'm glad I'll be watching at home though. Watching that Butler game in Cameron was agony.

Co-signed on the Andrew Harrison discussion. I'm sure Kaminsky's heard much worse playing pick-up.

I'll be doing my best breathing and stress management exercises this evening, training myself once again that this is just a game and I'm too old for this nonsense.

Those techniques didn't quite work so well in the Butler game, but I've had five more years of growth and maturation since then. Plus, a loss to Butler would have frankly been more embarrassing -- who loses to a mid major? (Let's conveniently ignore all of Duke's recent tournament losses to mid majors.)

Whatever. Let's hope K gets #5 and Winslow, Okafor, et al, get #1. Speaking of Winslow, it's amazing to see how he's getting so much pub recently. A lot of stuff on ESPN and Grantland, even almost serious questions such as "why isn't this guy in discussion to be drafted #1?"

Fjordson

Whatever. Let's hope K gets #5 and Winslow, Okafor, et al, get #1. Speaking of Winslow, it's amazing to see how he's getting so much pub recently. A lot of stuff on ESPN and Grantland, even almost serious questions such as "why isn't this guy in discussion to be drafted #1?"
Media still can't wrap their heads around schools other than UK using one and dones. They're just assuming Winslow will be around for 3-4 years.

Who helped their draft stock more?

Sam Dekker or Justice Winslow

I think on net, Dekker, but he had more room to rise. Winslow started out the year hot and was in the top 10, slipped down to the low teens when he was playing with injuries, but now he's back into the top 6, and (again) with people asking almost seriously "why isn't this guy #1?" Also, there's this article, "Justise Winslow Is Not Fair."

Sad thing is he'll be drafted by the Lakers or somebody else in that early range.

Fjordson

Dekker just because he started lower. People knew Justise would be a top pick early on, even if he's improved upon that recently.

I know that I'm just saying it's not gonna change anything bringing it up. Plus Kaminsky's smarter than that. The context he meant it when he said that was not any worst than say "Fuck that bitch/fool/punk/whatever"

In other news the line is now -1 for Wisconsin. It's no longer a pick em

-1 is still too low. Should be at least -3!

Well, running kenpom's efficiency numbers on a 60 possession game, I get Wiscy by 1.92 points. 65 possession game is 2.08 points.

Seems to me the spread will be -2 at tipoff!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Whattt? How on earth should duke be favor? They had the easy side of the bracket! I mean yes they had larger margin of victories but that's because they had easier opponents!

*Reads notes*

Its all thanks to the illuminati

There's usually nobody in CBB threads.

Save the UK, Duke and UNC fans.....pretty much. Used to have some Louisville contributors but they went poof soon after 2013

Whattt? How on earth should duke be favor? They had the easy side of the bracket! I mean yes they had larger margin of victories but that's because they had easier opponents!

I mean the fact that they still looked strong throughout the tourney along with the fact that they did beat us on our home court so yeah I feel like they should be favored.

In first place in two of my pools (one of 15, one of 40). I have Wisconsin in Pool #1 but I've already locked it up; I have Duke over Wisconsin in Pool #2. I hate Duke, but if Duke wins I'll stand to win about $500 tonight. If Duke loses, I'll still win my first pool and have the pleasure of Duke losing, but... I'd rather that $500. Selfishness.

I basically always out think myself in my brackets every year, but I'm happy with how my brackets turned out.

He was just salty and got caught in the heat of the moment. What pisses me off is the all the "If Kaminsky said it he wouldn't play tomorrow" bullshit. Just let it go and leave Harrison alone about it. Half the people that got mad about that probably said worse while watching the game.

Let's be real, if Kaminsky said that, Wisconsin would not let him walk on graduation day and he'd be suspended for the remainder of this academic year, as well as likely not drafted. But, let's also recognize is a much more serious thing to say for a white person about a black person than a black person about a white person.

If Kaminsky said, "fuck that bitch," then he would be resoundingly criticized, likely sit out for part of this game, but the reaction wouldn't be as devastating to him as if he said precisely what Harrison said.

A gift for Wiscy fans....

Actually I should restrict this to members,

PM me for a link to a replay of the game in 720p with no commercials

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I have have a weird feeling about this game, like it could end up being a blowout a la UNC 2009. It could be Wiscy hitting every deep shot they want or it could be Duke guards cooking past Wisconsin's.

This is a game that should be close because I think both are similar talent wise, but maybe nerves or forcing things to happen, it could be a 15+ win for the victor.

Mrbob

ESPN stealing my GAF post. Talking about how if Wisconsin wins it would be the toughest road for a champion in NCAA history.

ESPN stealing my GAF post. Talking about how if Wisconsin wins it would be the toughest road for a champion in NCAA history.

I don't think it's perfect chalk though cause Villanova was the second 1 seed but maybe it doesn't matter as long as it's a number 1 seed

Looks like there are more Wisconsin fans than Duke fans for this game. Nice to see even though it shouldn't phase Duke at all

Mrbob

16 Coastal Carolina
8 Oregon
4 UNC
2 Arizona (Who should have been a one seed)
1 Kentucky
1 Duke

It is perfect chalk. Also why I think Wiscy is going to win tonight. They have had a much harder road to the title game than Duke. Battle tested.

But of course we are in one game tournament so anything can truly happen.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't think it's perfect chalk though cause Villanova was the second 1 seed but maybe it doesn't matter as long as it's a number 1 seed

Looks like there are more Wisconsin fans than Duke fans for this game. Nice to see even though it shouldn't phase Duke at all

If it ain't CIS or MSG, Duke is always going to get booed. I don't consider Wisconsin much of a cinderella story though, not more than Butler was.

I have have a weird feeling about this game, like it could end up being a blowout a la UNC 2009. It could be Wiscy hitting every deep shot they want or it could be Duke guards cooking past Wisconsin's.

This is a game that should be close because I think both are similar talent wise, but maybe nerves or forcing things to happen, it could be a 15+ win for the victor.
I think the only way it gets to be a blowout is if Wiscy gets a 10 point lead early in the 2nd half and keeps it there with successful grueling 30 second possession after 30 second possession.

I expect it'll be close throughout.

Them prop bets though they said on on College Gamday. Lol

Gotham's coming on soon so I'm going to watch that real quick then it will be game time.

Are we just going to ignore Arizona's 97 run where they beat three 1 seeds to win as a 4 seed.

Wisconsin went through UNC, Arizona, Kentucky and Duke if they win. It will appear more impressive since Arizona went against Providence in the middle of that run

Lol at that YoU Know I'm really a Duke fan shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom