• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmao I'm rolling. I ain't got it that bad. I had about 2 minutes of max saltiness and I am good now. I understand the game of basketball and understand we got beat. Not gonna blame everyone else forever. My eyes are biased during the game for the most part but I still call out bullshit on our side and just let it slide. At the end of games like this one, I look back, assess and decide if it deserves salt. This one does not.

Mrbob

So Wisconsin beat Duke by 7?

7 seems to be the magic number for Wisconsin this post season.

Each game is a one game tourney so you never know what will happen but the team will be ready to play Monday night. Not worried about a big win hangover. In fact post game players and even Bo have brought up how Duke destroyed them in December.

Wellscha

MkhLRXL.jpg

Josh5890

There was talk all year about the Big Ten having a down year and while the league isn't as deep as in recent years, they fielded two teams in the final four and their champion just defeated the previously undefeated Kentucky Wildcats. The Big Ten is doing just fine.

Mrbob

There was talk all year about the Big Ten having a down year and while the league isn't as deep as in recent years, they fielded two teams in the final four and their champion just defeated the previously undefeated Kentucky Wildcats. The Big Ten is doing just fine.

Well the top of the B1G have proven to be good. I'd say the mid tier was average though.

Still, Wisconsin needs to seal the deal Monday night.

reKon

Banned
I'd like to point out that MSU should have actually beat Wisconsin in the Big Ten tournament. Refs missed a call where a Wisconsin player stepped out of bounds. We would have kept the ball and won it instead of it going into overtime. Just saying...

So to all those saying that we didn't deserve to be in the final four, you can kindly shut the fuck up. The foul/free throw statistics in the Duke speak for themselves. The defense that carried us throughout the tourney was impossible to implement against Duke because of shitty refs which prevented us from absolutely doing anything and was extremely frustrating. I'm not even saying we were playing great. There was a lot of dumb turnovers, but the game should have been still much closer and momentum shifts can go a long way in college basketball.

Anyways, goodluck to Wiscy. Do it big for the big ten!

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 11m11 minutes ago
I followed the feed on the Lexington police scanner tonight. Wow.

Katie Jo ‏@KatieJoCox 12m12 minutes ago
Lexington Police now up to 22 arrests. It's 1:30am. Go home and sleep it off folks.

Big Blue Nation acting like they went to Maryland or something.

I'd like to point out that MSU should have actually beat Wisconsin in the Big Ten tournament. Refs missed a call where a Wisconsin player stepped out of bounds. We would have kept the ball and won it instead of it going into overtime. Just saying...

So to all those saying that we didn't deserve to be in the final four, you can kindly shut the fuck up. The foul/free throw statistics in the Duke speak for themselves. The defense that carried us throughout the tourney was impossible to implement against Duke because of shitty refs which prevented us from absolutely doing anything and was extremely frustrating. I'm not even saying we were playing great. There was a lot of dumb turnovers, but the game should have been still much closer and momentum shifts can go a long way in college basket ball.

Anyways, goodluck to Wiscy. Do it big for the big ten!

No one doubted you bro, I go to Wisconsin but have always respected Michigan State. Wish we could have faced you in the final ;)

Mrbob

Best post game image on the internet.

wsKbVXd.jpg

Ok, maybe second after Flute Judd. Can see this being real if Wiscy wins Monday night.

So what blue chippers does Cal have to replace all those guys who are leaving?

One of the Harrisons twins has Future Denver Nugget written all over them.

Best post game image on the internet.

wsKbVXd.jpg

Ok, maybe second after Flute Judd. Can see this being real if Wiscy wins Monday night.

Lmfao

Sad reality for me though is that this is only the second time one of my teams went to a championship. The other one was my then favorite nba team at the time Indiana Pacers who lost to the Lakers.

Fjordson

So what blue chippers does Cal have to replace all those guys who are leaving?

One of the Harrisons twins has Future Denver Nugget written all over them.
We have the #1 recruiting class right now, but it's only 3 guys. We'll have have solid team, but not as good as this year. Will be much thinner.

Michigan State lucked out and got its ass handed it to them when they finally played with the big boys. Big 10's doing fine in the way the SEC Is doing fine. ACC was far better this year and I think Monday will show this.

DarkFlow

Banned
247 and ESPN.

It's early though, lots of top guys undecided. Could drop if Cal (Cal-Berkeley, not Calipari) gets who they're rumoured to get or if someone like Duke adds more.
I don't put a whole lot of stock in that stuff most time anyway. It's a nice rough outline, but not all that useful.

Fjordson

I don't put a whole lot of stock in that stuff most time anyway. It's a nice rough outline, but not all that useful.
Yeah, it's all just potential before the season starts. People went bonkers about our class last year and that team lost 9 games before the tourney.

Couldn't watch the game (no cable) ... GO BUCKY GO !!!!

I actually called the title game in the Elite 8 as a revenge game.

Duke beat us in the regular season. NOT AGAIN.

Lol Andrew Harrison called Kaminsky later to apologize. I take back my respect for you.

Also Milwaukee's going to be crazy Monday. Opening Day and the National Championship game.

Catdaddy

My co-worker is a huge Kentucky fan and I sent a text saying 'sorry for your loss, your Hickory Farms cheese basket should arrive Monday' surprisingly the response was 'fuck you..lol'.

it was just good natured ribbing, I've been on the other side of it numerous times

Piano

Banned
Where can I watch the post game press conferences? Can't find them on either NCAA or ESPN.

I'm actually interested in what coaches and players from both sides had to say.

"I've learned a lot about basketball here but also you learn how to become a man here. I'll always be grateful for that." Tyus Jones

He gone. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom