• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Lmfao

Sad reality for me though is that this is only the second time one of my teams went to a championship. The other one was my then favorite nba team at the time Indiana Pacers who lost to the Lakers.

As an Iowan, the sad reality is that a sweet 16 appearance or January 1 bowl is about the best thing I can ever hope for. I'm reduced to rooting for the B10 in general.

Frank with the short and sweet answer to the Harrison question

Lol the players laughing at all the question going to Bo

Also Avery Johnson has been hired as Alabama Head Coach

Wellscha

9e8mAF1.gif

As an Iowan, the sad reality is that a sweet 16 appearance or January 1 bowl is about the best thing I can ever hope for. I'm reduced to rooting for the B10 in general.

Dude, you can't beat me.

Last time reds were in a title game: 1990
Last time Bengals were in a title game: 1990
Last time Blue Jackets were in a title game: Never
Last time my alma mater was in a title game: Never
Last time my alma mater's football team was in a title game: Can't be, because G5.
NBA: No real local teams so I don't care.

I'm bout ready to say 'fuck team sports' because every team I like sucks every year. I have no idea what it's like to taste victory in a team sport. Shit, my alma mater hasn't even been in the NCAAT since the 80's. Couldn't even make it when Billy Donovan was coach.

Although, Iowa has no pro teams so that does suck. Cincinnati at least has 2.

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
Duke. All business. Wisconsin. Joking around and just having fun.

This was the vibe I got from both teams after watching the press conferences too. But both teams are staying with the style that got them here, so neither approach is inherently wrong.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Duke was too tense, nor would I say that Wisconsin was too careless. Just both teams expressing their confidence in different ways.

Paskil

That was easily one of the best sporting matchups I have seen in my lifetime. So much for college basketball being boring. I think I have a permanent cross on by butt because of the line left from sitting on the edge of my seat.

dnhCwU1.gif

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about driving to Indy tomorrow to go to the game. I stayed on campus in 2010 and don't regret it one bit, but I'm not in Durham anymore either so...

Fans who have been to their team's championship game before...worth it?

Thinking about driving to Indy tomorrow to go to the game. I stayed on campus in 2010 and don't regret it one bit, but I'm not in Durham anymore either so...

Fans who have been to their team's championship game before...worth it?

Not basketball but I went to OSU 02 champ game vs miami one of the greats nights of my life. I also went to th 2006 champ game v florida and sat on the UF/OSU split next to a bunch of gatas, one of the worst nights of my life....

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I know I'll be laughed out of the thread but could we leave some of the more vitriolic response directed at teams off this thread? I don't particularly care for UK, but the UK posters here are good dudes and don't deserve to have their team shit on because they lost a game. You want to criticize WCS for not shaking hands or Andrew Harrison's comments, thats fair, but I don't see how telling Kentucky to "get fucked" helps the discussion here.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I know I'll be laughed out of the thread but could we leave some of the more vitriolic response directed at teams off this thread? I don't particularly care for UK, but the UK posters here are good dudes and don't deserve to have their team shit on because they lost a game. You want to criticize WCS for not shaking hands or Andrew Harrison's comments, thats fair, but I don't see how telling Kentucky to "get fucked" helps the discussion here.

Worried about tomorrow night? : P

eznark

Banned

il_570xN.464909413_tw6h.jpg

No no, I generally agree that we should try and keep the discourse civil and fun if we can. I just didn't see anything in this thread last night that we wouldn't see in the heat of the moment after a big regular season game in the Community thread.

If you have specific posts in mind, truly, point them out.

eznark

Banned
So was Cauley Stein actually pretty good this year? Because he looked like complete shit yesterday. Or is his draft stock just based on potential?

Fjordson

My man. Thankfully I've gotten used to all the hate UK gets (especially on social media). Actually, what hurts more than fans shit talking is all the Wisconsin celebration coverage I saw on various places =[ coulda been us.

Speaking of Andrew Harrison, sounds like he reached out to Kaminaky and apologized which is good. I'm still a little puzzled that he said that though. Frank's actually pretty likable and Andrew has to know those mics will pick up anything.

I will say that having to talk to the media (many of whom are reveling in your misfortune) after losing the biggest game of your life must be tough, so I give him a little slack. These guys aren't media trained pros or anything. Like I said, I'm more puzzled than disappointed about all that.

The not shaking hands thing is even less serious to me. This ain't little league and Cauley-Stein just ended his college career on a crushing loss. I'd be pissed too.

So was Cauley Stein actually pretty good this year? Because he looked like complete shit yesterday. Or is his draft stock just based on potential?
He was really good, but some of it is absolutely potential. His calling card right now is defense, and he can be unbelievably good on that end. Since the NBA is so reliant on pick & rolls these days, I think teams are putting a lot of value in his ability to check guards after a switch. Like when he stopped Jerian Grant twice in the last minute of the Notre Dame game.

His perfrect world ceiling is a Tyson Chandler type. Overall defense, blocks, dunks, rebounds. Just hustle stuff. He's not like a franchise superstar imo.

My man. Thankfully I've gotten used to all the hate UK gets (especially on social media). Actually, what hurts more than fans shit talking is all the Wisconsin celebration coverage I saw on various places =[ coulda been us.

Speaking of Andrew Harrison, sounds like he reached out to Kaminaky and apologized which is good. I'm still a little puzzled that he said that though. Frank's actually pretty likable and Andrew has to know those mics will pick up anything.

I will say that having to talk to the media (many of whom are reveling in your misfortune) after losing the biggest game of your life must be tough, so I give him a little slack. These guys aren't media trained pros or anything. Like I said, I'm more puzzled than disappointed about all that.

The not shaking hands thing is even less serious to me. This ain't little league and Cauley-Stein just ended his college career on a crushing loss. I'd be pissed too.

He was just salty and got caught in the heat of the moment. What pisses me off is the all the "If Kaminsky said it he wouldn't play tomorrow" bullshit. Just let it go and leave Harrison alone about it. Half the people that got mad about that probably said worse while watching the game.

He was just salty and got caught in the heat of the moment. What pisses me off is the all the "If Kaminsky said it he wouldn't play tomorrow" bullshit. Just let it go and leave Harrison alone about it. Half the people that got mad about that probably said worse while watching the game.

Well Kaminsky is a white guy so the rules are different but those guys can take solace in the fact that Harrison isn't playing tomorrow either.

DarkFlow

Banned
If Kentucky played in a real conference like the Big 10, they would have had 5 or 6 losses before the tournament.
Weren't you saying UK was about to become the best team in history like 2 weeks ago?

UK just needs 6 more wins to be the best basketball team in history of college basketball. Vegas only gives them a 50/50 shot of winning, but I think they'll overcome the odds and win it all. UK finished runner up last year, and this year's team is 10x better so its free money to bet on UK. Not even the Minnesota T-Wolves can beat UK if they played at Rupp

Oh yeah, you did. Also lol at them beating the wolves.

Mrbob

If the Badgers win tonight this has to be one of the best runs in tourney history, if not the best. Team has slayed some giants on their path to the title game.

Fjordson

B1G only has one title in the last 20 years tho (SEC has five).

The randomness of the tourney makes conferences mostly irellevant in college bball. Or at least not nearly as important as the media tries to make them. How strong or weak they all are sort of fades away in the postseason.

B1G only has one title in the last 20 years tho (SEC has five).

The randomness of the tourney makes conferences mostly irellevant in college bball. Or at least not nearly as important as the media tries to make them. How strong or weak they all are sort of fades away in the postseason.

Actually, given how many B1G teams have featured in the final game in the last 20 years, you can't really chalk it up to randomness anymore.

If the Badgers win tonight this has to be one of the best runs in tourney history, if not the best. Team has stayed some giants on their path to the title game.

UNC, Arizona, Kentucky and Duke. That's 18 National title we went through if we win tonight.

Sephzilla

I'm sorry, but it's true. If Kaminsky said the exact same words, this would have exploded into a national media story, he'd probably have to sit out part of today's game, his draft stock would plummet, and he'd probably have to take some 'counselling' or something. I don't think what he said should be "let go" because it was an offensive as fuck statement regardless of whether or not he was salty.

eznark

Banned
Harrison just can't believe his band of high paid AAU all stars was clowned by a cracker. He's a racist, but the ok kind of racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom