• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Ah, yes, the fallacy of slowing down the clock.

538 had a piece about the points per possession differential with offenses that attack in the first 10 seconds of the possession versus teams that milk the clock. It was along the lines of 1.25 to 1.1.

You haven't been watching.

Okafor, Winslow, Karl Anthony-Towns, and D'Angelo Russell will be contributors right away. Okafor is ridiculously skilled offensively. Winslow is very intriguing - there are times when he looks like a monster and when he looks ordinary. Karl Anthony-Towns is a pretty special offensive player in the style of LMA - he just wasn't used at Kentucky on the perimeter Think his ceiling is the highest of that group. And Russell's the best guard in this class outside of Mudiay - who played overseas.

WCS is a stud athlete, but we'll see if he can contribute enough on the other side of the ball.

I have watched most of these guys play plenty. I do not watch enough NBA to be an NBA scout or anything. You may be right that Towns, Okafor and (maybe) Russell will contribute significantly to the shitty teams they get drafted too. So I will concede that you may be right. Towns and Okafor have pretty high ceilings and as for the others; depending on their desire to work on the weak part of their game; will decide if they become top players at their position.

I guess I just don't see any of them being Top 10 players at their position in the next 5 years.

Edit:
I don't think you guys choked, I think you just got beat by the better team.

Did you see us sputter out on offense at the end of the game with shot clock violations and shoddy offense? I call that choking. Yeah, we got beat by a team that wanted to win more when it counted but you can't say any team is better than another just because they beat them once, lol.

TraBuch

Banned
Put Grayson Allen back in the fucking game. Every single minute of PT that Matt Jones has gotten this year should've gone to Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom