• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

I know the rules are probably different in NCAA but its goaltending per this NBA rule:

If that's similar in the NCAA, then by the letter of the law it *could* be goal tending. It probably could have hit the outside right edge of the rim and bounced towards the 3pt line. Definitely nowhere near going in the cylinder though. Either way, 50/50 call, and the worst game winning shot I've ever seen in the tourney. At least it wasn't an important (Elite 8 and on) game.

spyder_ur

That was clearly goaltending. Don't see the argument.

Feel bad for the SMU guy though. That's such an instinctive play. It's tough to hold back.

Yeah he was playing great when I was watching. Just doesn't look much like a basketball player.
looked up his season stats, 12/7/2.5 on 60% shooting so maybe not damn good but he's def an important piece for Xavier.

he's also way more agile than a 270 pound person should be

Owensboro

Before the charge: I'm so sick of 3 point shooters flopping. Holy shit is there a way to stop that? I guess they're all taught to act like feinting goats if touched while shooting.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe the best part about that shot is right after he makes it there's no ridiculous celebration, he's right back to playing D on the inbound. Love it.

Oh and the whole 'coach who's his dad w/torn ACL from celebrating falling off his stool' thing is pretty good too.

Torn Achilles Tendon actually. But crazy story in any case.

Man my West bracket is pretty much fucked now. Everything else I can still salvage and my final 4 is still intact, but man the lower half is all red right now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom