• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

I actually don't think Russell's gonna peace this year. Unless his draft stock is still high. I know he was talked up alot before.

I really don't think the past few months did him any favors. Boy needs another year in the oven.

Sandfox

I actually don't think Russell's gonna peace this year. Unless his draft stock is still high. I know he was talked up alot before.

I really don't think the past few months did him any favors. Boy needs another year in the oven.

Russell is a lock for being a top 3-4 pick.

DarkFlow

Banned
1 game won't do him in, he's easily top 4. He's carried this team all season, one off night nots going to crash him
This is not a off night, this him playing a team that's not shit like he did most of the year. If he goes to NBA this year, he's going to get clowned.

Gorillaz

Russell is a lock for being a top 3-4 pick.

3 or 4?

Dude isn't consistent enough to be in the top 5 imo. Freshman class wise he is impressive but he isn't at the level where you can expect him to "show up" in a big way each game. It's been spotty at best.

Jarate

Banned
This is not a off night, this him playing a team that's not shit like he did most of the year. If he goes to NBA this year, he's going to get clowned.
Lol
3 or 4?

Dude isn't consistent enough to be in the top 5 imo. Freshman class wise he is impressive but he isn't at the level where you can expect him to "show up" in a big way each game. It's been spotty at best.

That's where he's projected. Dude carried a shit ass OSU team to the tournament

Sandfox

I think it has more to do with the quality of his supporting cast and how Arizona capitalized on that. He should do better in the NBA.

Sandfox

3 or 4?

Like every other rookie he's not going to be expecting to dominate the league day one or anything and he has shown enough to be taken that high.

spyder_ur

People who say one bad game is gonna hurt his stock in any real way are being foolish. He might not go top 4, but that would just be because there are more valuable players. Watching Russell for any time at all and it's clear he's basically a ready made nba two guard. Reminds me a lot of harden, sneaky length and athleticism.

Sandfox

People who say one bad game is gonna hurt his stock in any real way are being foolish. He might not go top 4, but that would just be because there are more valuable players. Watching Russell for any time at all and it's clear he's basically a ready made nba two guard. Reminds me a lot of harden, sneaky length and athleticism.

His game reminds me more of Ginobili.

spyder_ur

3 or 4?

No top draft picks usually are so this is hardly a knock against him. You get that consistency with experience and top prospects don't usually stay long enough to gain that. They're 19 year olds.

I mean, what top prospects this year have been consistent? Okafor has had quiet nights. Towns and Cauley-Stein don't have to be. Mudiay is playing in freaking China.

Gorillaz

That's where he's projected. Dude carried a shit ass OSU team to the tournament

Like every other rookie he's not going to be expecting to dominate the league day one or anything and he has shown enough to be taken that high.

I never said I expect him to crush the buildings one day one. No one should. I just dont think he's even consistent enough this year to be a top 5. I've been watching my own team play and carrying a dead ass OSU carcass through the big 10 isnt exactly screaming 3 or 4.

That's my imo tho. He probably will be anyway which is ridiculous but hey, all the power to him.

Dang, most of these underdog games are following the same pattern. Close game for the first half and early second quarter, then the favorite breaks away midway through the fourth.

DarkFlow

Banned
‏@ESPNStatsInfo
D'Angelo Russell's 16 missed FG are a career high and the most by an Ohio State player in the NCAA Tournament since Jim Jackson in 1992.

Ouch.

Sandfox

I never said I expect him to crush the buildings one day one. No one should. I just dont think he's even consistent enough this year to be a top 5. I've been watching my own team play and carrying a dead ass OSU carcass through the big 10 isnt exactly screaming 3 or 4.

That's my imo tho. He probably will be anyway which is ridiculous but hey, all the power to him.

I don't think any of the other players around that range have been all that consistent either and NBA teams draft on potential.

There's 2 soft ass calls in the past 30 seconds against Georgia State.

And now one going the other way that made no sense.

Settle down with the pointless whistles and let the kids play.

spyder_ur

There's 2 soft ass calls in the past 30 seconds against Georgia State.

And now one going the other way that made no sense.

Settle down with the pointless whistles and let the kids play.

The whole tournament has been overofficiated generally in my opinion. So many games where both teams are in the bonus halfway through the second half.

Maybe that's more a reflection of the general slowdown and grind going on in the college game these days. I think rules changes are in order, but probably a discussion for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom