• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some fan bases think every call should go their way like there is nooo way it should possibly go the other way. Elitistesque.
I like my teams but damn I can see clearly when a foul or turnover is against my teams.

Fjordson

Props to Cincy-gaf (other than the cranky ones in here). Unbelievably tough game. Could have been even closer if Ellis hadn't gone out for that stretch late in the first half.

Gorillaz

Very good game today. Cincy defense poked a few good holes into the wildcat offense but it wasn't enough on the offensive side for them.

Its gonna be interesting going forward tho if other teams will adapt to the cincy d when up against Kentucky and if Cal will try to find a way around it

Now...gotta watch my buckeyes get torn apart by Arizona...fucking hell

UK haters finally peeking out in here. Gg Cinci GAf. The reason we booed more than usual was because of Ellis and his goonery. Plus your team was jawing the whole time. You do remember he elbowed a guy in the throat last game and somehow wasn't suspended today. UK doesn't play dirty and we don't like when other teams do.

Fjordson

UK haters finally peeking out in here. Gg Cinci GAf. The reason we booed more than usual was because of Ellis and his goonery. Plus your team was jawing the whole time. You do remember he elbowed a guy in the throat last game and somehow wasn't suspended today. UK doesn't play dirty and we don't like when other teams do.
Eh, I don't think they played dirty. Ellis definitely tries to mix it up, though.

I guess the reason so many underdogs do well in the first half but trail off in the second is because they don't have enough good players as the other teams and as a result they get tired and can't keep up

Fjordson

I guess the reason so many underdogs do well in the first half but trail off in the second is because they don't have enough good players as the other teams and as a result they get tired and can't keep up
Yeah, depth definitely plays a role there. The underdog may have 4-5 good players, whereas the other team has 7-8.

Eh, I don't think they played dirty. Ellis definitely tries to mix it up, though.

No they really didn't. I meant more that our fans were just a little more sensitive to the physicality because of his actions from the previous game.

The game got mouthy and chippy. That is not character for us. So they were antagonizing us somewhat most likely and our fans weren't helping that.

You clearly didn't watch the Game because they did struggle. Cinci just can't shoot for shit.

I watched the game. This is something people never think about: An overmatched team can hang with any team the first half, but it usually comes at a cost. The question is: How many fouls did it take for that team to play defense? It's a resource that gets used up and then teams have to play conservatively at the end of halves and then the last 10 minutes of the game. Cincy had nearly 3 times as many fouls as UK in the first half. That's why it ended as it did. It's like sprinting the first 100 yards of a marathon and then claiming that the other runners struggled against you.

Gorillaz

Cincy didnt lose because they "running a sprint in a marathon" they lost because they couldn't convert half of the rebounds and turnovers they forced. Their offense wasn't up to par to do much with the turnovers

They need better shooters

At least I know which sheep to ignore in here with the "how much do Kentucky players make LOL!!!" stuff they parrot.

You haters really need some new and original material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom