• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlow

Banned
Kentucky, UNC, Gonzaga and Villanova are my final four.

pcFFeHZ.gif

iamblades

All these analysts deep diving into stats and metrics to find Kentucky's weaknesses. Making me even more nervous.

Everyone knows Kentucky's weaknesses. If your force them into playing passive on both ends of the court, you can beat them. Force them to shoot jumpers and hope they aren't hitting, try to get early fouls on the bigs so they can't be aggressive defensively.

That is certainly easier said than done though, and if you don't have quality size and can't shoot from the perimeter, you likely aren't going to win even if you accomplish those things.

Bowser

Saw BYU was up 17, changed my picks to have them beat Xavier.

Saw they gagged and lost, changed my picks back to Xavier.

lol

nny

What questions do you have about selection sunday? I'd be happy to answer some questions for a potential new UK fan. :p

It's basically the only way to seed a tournament in a league with 351 teams. As much as people make drama about snubs and mis seeding, it's mostly just for fun. Selection sunday shouldn't have much of an effect on any team who actually has a chance to win the thing.

P.S. GO BIG BLUE!

I guess it was just too much new information, with the number of conferences (and teams) involved, and the rules for seeding (I guess there's a subjective element to it?).

Well, finding out the University colors were the same as my FC Porto back home made me immediately like the place a bit more. Big blue nation and all that ;)

Welcome to the sport. FYI if you pick Kentucky you're essentially picking the Manchester United of the college basketball world. If you're cool with that, then by all means go ahead.

Well, I do feel like a bandwagon fan, supporting the current nº1 team, but it's not because of that, it just happens to be the University I'm currently at.

But, no, I'm never happy to do anything that may be linked to Man Utd in any way. ;P

Bowser

Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball 3m3 minutes ago
Jim Boeheim will retire in three years, Syracuse University announced.

welp, gg cuse bball

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's kind of sad how poor the gophers are athletically. If college sizes were analogous to city populations, the university of Minnesota would be the equivalent of Houston or Chicago. It should be a sports powerhouse. :(

I suppose the Twin Cities having 4 pro teams, the biggest theater scene in the country outside of Broadway, and one of (if not the) biggest indie music scenes while only being the #15 metro area means there's just not enough broad population support to go around.

SummitAve

Banned
It's kind of sad how poor the gophers are athletically. If college sizes were analogous to city populations, the university of Minnesota would be the equivalent of Houston or Chicago. It should be a sports powerhouse. :(

I suppose the Twin Cities having 4 pro teams, the biggest theater scene in the country outside of Broadway, and one of (if not the) biggest indie music scenes while only being the #15 metro area means there's just not enough broad population support to go around.

Minnesota produces plenty of talent they justt can't keep them in-state. The gophers with Tyus Jones is a completely different team and likely at the top of the big 10.

eznark

Banned

Also Minnesota sucks shit. So there is that.

Every good player has left the state. Jones on Duke. El-Amin dude went off to UConn back in the day. And so on. If we did a better job recruiting instead of looking to Africa for players...yeah, we'd be alright. Then again we have good players that just didn't show up this year in Hollins and Mathieu. One was good while the other was bad. They were never good at the same time.

Mason, Morris and King should be better next year but that's only 3 players. This team is severely lacking a power forward and now we don't have a center either. Konate and Diedhieou I don't see becoming very good players...maybe Elliott Elliason level...so good enough to sit on the bench.

andycapps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom