• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlow

Banned
CAaJeDXVEAE5MXY.jpg

Crowd for UK's practice. Not a game. We talkin' bout practice.

If I was from KY, this would likely be the highlight of my life also.

kgtrep

CAaJeDXVEAE5MXY.jpg

Crowd for UK's practice. Not a game. We talkin' bout practice.

Go Big Blue!

(This is the first time that I've seen Louisville's stadium. It opened a few months after I had left to Texas, so... Wish I could be there or in Lexington to watch tomorrow's game.)

Proelite

As a Duke fan, I am scared of my 16 seed matchup.

They're the best 16th seed according to all stats rankings, and better than 3 of the 4 15 seeds.

They also shoot 3s very well, and will be taller in 3 of 5 positions.

They have a 7% chance willing against us according to Kenpom, but one should probably double that chance given all our "cupcake" opponents play out of their minds.

If you want to YOLO on your bracket challenge, pick us to be the first 1 seed to be upset by a 16 seed.

Yes jinx worked.

NF caught looking ahead to play us.

12 Wofford over 5 Arkansas is my 1st weekend upset pick.

I only have 3 major upsets(6-11 or greater) in the first round...err second round(64 teams). Don't think this tournament is going to be too crazy. In fact I bet most of those in this thread will be talking about "When are the upsets going to happen?" Think they'll be some surprises in the F4 but I don't think they'll be Cinderella either.

Yes jinx worked.

NF caught looking ahead to play us.

Yeah, but now Duke is playing a team that apparently is better than NF.

They're screwed.

I mean, Robert Morris even sounds like the name of a team that would go down in history as the first 16 seed to win a game in the NCAA Tournament.

Proelite

They're screwed.

I mean, Robert Morris even sounds like the name of a team that would go down in history as the first 16 seed to win a game in the NCAA Tournament.

I fully expect us to be upset, but at least this way we'll be upset by a team that's not just hot from 3 pt range.

They're screwed.

People with the last name Morris will name their kids Robert (girls too) just to honor the fact.

So I think I've done every online bracket challlenge.

NCAA
ESPN
CBS
Fox
Yahoo
Bleacher Report
Washington Post

Did I miss any?

Edit: Got SIlive.com's
New York Times' too.

These announcers are horrible. Boise State pushes off and color commentator says it's not a foul(it was in my opinion...full arm extension). But then the commentator says he did push off but still says it wasn't a foul. Then the play by play guy must really have to take a shit because he's said "Deuce" like 5 times in the second half.

pxleyes

Banned
Picks are in. Let's do this thing, and by thing I mean severely reduced work productivity for the sake of a giant sports marathon.

Agree that probably should have been called because of how it's generally called, but there was no chance refs were gonna call that in this situation. Good game though.

PopeReal

One 11 seed gets a home game. Another 11 seed gets an away game. The remaining 11 seeds get neutral court games. Say what?

RoKKeR

Well it's not the big dance but Vanderbilt has landed a 2nd round NIT home game against South Dakota State on Friday night! Really pumped to go, should be good experience for our young team.

Anyways, I've ended up in a bunch of no-stakes bracket pools which has led me to putting UofA on top because why the hell not.

Well it's not the big dance but Vanderbilt has landed a 2nd round NIT home game against South Dakota State on Friday night! Really pumped to go, should be good experience for our young team.

Anyways, I've ended up in a bunch of no-stakes bracket pools which has led me to putting UofA on top because why the hell not.

University of Albany isn't getting past the first round

I think I've lost the perfect bracket in like 3 of the past 5 years on the first game. Notre Dame screwed me once(who play first tomorrow) and Pitt(or maybe it was Georgetown) was another one...and Ohio State screwed me last year as well.

Picking Notre Dame. Would like to be 1/1 for once but I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck everyone.

How does Arizona matchup with Wisconsin? I'm looking forward to a UK matchup with either one of those teams. Hopefully, we get a chance. Best case is AZ and WI play each other and we get the winner. That way we really get a chance to prove ourselves.

I'll take this year's UK team against anyone because it will be awhile before we seen another team this good. So I say give us the best you got this year. If we (UK and I, lol) are going to do this, I want them to earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom