• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Hamilton ‏@BrianHamiltonSI 8m8 minutes ago
During his solo interview, Nigel Hayes told a joke.

“Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl use the bathroom?”

[pause]

“The ‘P’ is silent."

Fjordson

Shaka Smart using his well horded accomplishments to cash in on...Texas? Wouldn't have really been my choice. Good gig, but turning down UCLA for Texas? Da fuk?
Eh, doesn't seem that crazy these days. Texas probably has as many resources as anyone and Barnes set a low enough bar that shouldn't be too much trouble for Smart to surpass.

UCLA is a shadow of its former self. Steadily declining attendance, uneven recruiting, etc. I went to film school at UCLA when they were coming off of two final fours and even then people didn't seem to care all that much.

Fjordson

I feel there are only four jobs right now that are worth waiting years for: Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and UNC. Kansas is probably taken for a while, but the other three could be up for grabs in the coming years (though doesn't Duke have someone in waiting to take over for K?).

There's never been any announced succession plans at Duke, and why would there be. Frankly, Capel is the only one on staff who could take over right now, and he's looking at other jobs. Outside the staff but looking at those with Duke ties, I think only Mike Brey could step in and have immediate moderate success, and I don't think he'd leave where he is anyway. Former Duke players that are coaching right now? The jury is still out on all of them, though Hurley is currently trending. When truly101 gets his way and drops off K at Shady Pines, he might have to coach for a while.

Fjordson

What about Brad Stevens? I don't see him leaving the Celtics anytime soon, but I bet he'd be tempted by Duke if the Celts stay mediocre.

What about Brad Stevens? I don't see him leaving the Celtics anytime soon, but I bet he'd be tempted by Duke if the Celts stay mediocre.

The long-term thinking has been that Duke would stay in-house with K's successor.

Now, it's certainly possible that the next guy is just a stop gap before they bring in a bigger name for a complete program overhaul

Mrbob

Brian Hamilton ‏@BrianHamiltonSI 8m8 minutes ago
During his solo interview, Nigel Hayes told a joke.

“Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl use the bathroom?”

[pause]

“The ‘P’ is silent."

embarrasing-moment-o.gif

Just remember. This guy is the AP National player of the year.

I'm excited and nervous.

Got stuck working until 10PM... I'll be watching the stream and will hopefully be done by the time the game is over. Anyone else in Madison plan on going apeshit crazy on State Street if we win tonight?

inm8num2

Let's get this thing poppin

Hopefully we'll have a good game Spartan-GAF

Yea, I'm just hoping for a good, close game. I think MSU's deeper bench can be an advantage here, but Duke has too many PTPers. Dawson needs to bring the energy and we need to find a way to keep Okafor from having a career day.

iamblades

Brad Stevens isn't long for the NBA. He can't coach at that level or orchestrate a rebuild.

That is only the complete opposite of everything anyone involved with NBA basketball says about him.

He has one of the worst rosters (a roster completely devoid of any star players) in the league competing for the 8th spot in the playoffs. As for orchestrating the rebuild? That remains to be seen, as rebuilding in the NBA is mostly about getting lucky in the draft and getting a generational talent. Everything I've heard has suggested that if the rebuild in Boston goes south, there would be a dozen other NBA teams ready to hire him immediately.

Paskil

I'm excited and nervous.

Got stuck working until 10PM... I'll be watching the stream and will hopefully be done by the time the game is over. Anyone else in Madison plan on going apeshit crazy on State Street if we win tonight?

I'm from Madison but up in Green Bay for family easter. I think apeshit crazy would be the national championship win. This would be big, but it's just one step on the path.

Let's go Spartans. I almost got mad Valentine didn't dish it out to an open man in the paint but he's knocking down everything so far.

eznark

Banned
Team stream is fucking awesome if only because I get to listen to the best multi-sport broadcaster in the business, BA, and not fuckhead Nantz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom