• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Fuck that bitch ass Stone
He just wants to go one and done. That probably wouldn't happen at Wisconsin
Not even that, he's an Under Armor kid. Isn't Wiscy Nike?

There are exceptions of course, but the shoe companies play an annoyingly large role in recruiting these days for the most part. I remember UK went after him hard for a while, but I wrote him off when I learned his AAU team was Under Armor (and sure enough he cut Kentucky from his list early on).

DominoKid

Not even that, he's an Under Armor kid. Isn't Wiscy Nike?

There are exceptions of course, but the shoe companies play an annoyingly large role in recruiting these days for the most part. I remember UK went after him hard for a while, but I wrote him off when I learned his AAU team was Under Armor (and sure enough he cut Kentucky from his list early on).

well you did get the Twins and they played for UA. it's not terribly difficult to get a UA kid to flip. good luck flipping a Nike or Adidas kid though.

Fjordson

well you did get the Twins and they played for UA. it's not terribly difficult to get a UA kid to flip. good luck flipping a Nike or Adidas kid though.
That's true, if there's going to be exceptions it's more likely to be UA.

We seemingly always lose out on Addidas kids. So annoying. Usually to Kansas.

Ehh, I'll pass on homer-vision. A bit too much bias for my tastes.

The reporter for the Duke-cast is K's son-in-law for goodness sake.

Speaking of K, he's going to have to pray that no reporters ask him about shit popping off on Duke's campus right now anytime this week. Can't duck that one as easily as he could the Indiana law question...

Fjordson

Speaking of recruiting, it looks like Cal is about to land two top 10 big men (Ivan Rabb and Caleb Swanigan).

Fuck man...was hoping UK could get Swanigan. Cal is such a random ass choice.

What's funny is that Brian Anderson is pbp for Michigan State. If anything he should pbp for Wisconsin but they seem to keep the same team as last year.

Speaking of recruiting, it looks like Cal is about to land two top 10 big men (Ivan Rabb and Caleb Swanigan).

Fuck man...was hoping UK could get Swanigan. Cal is such a random ass choice.

Oh good, we can keep the same title for the 2015-16 |OT| thread title, just make sure people know that it's

this
125px-University_of_California,_Berkeley_athletic_logo.svg.png
's world

and not

this
7045032.jpeg
's world.

If UK needs a tweet from four years ago written by dude before he even got to college to motivate them for a Final Four game, they need to just save everyone's time and drag their asses back to Lexington.

Fjordson

Yeah it's the final four. Get motivated brehs. Lmao @ finding that tweet from four years ago, though.

Also Wiscy is way too good for a WVU beatdown imo, regardless of pre-game smack talk. If UK manages to win, I think it'll be by like 4-5 at most.

Fjordson

Wow, some of those responses are pretty good. Angry UK fans on twitter are usually a total trainwreck so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Mrbob

Have you guys seen the Draft Express rankings? 8 of the first 19 projected picks are playing in this Final Four. I think this is what makes this Final Four super exciting. We are looking at a bunch of future NBA pros playing each other.

iamblades

Why all of a sudden he accepting a deal to a major college? I remember he turned down an offer to Marquette stating he wanted to stay at VCU.

Comparing Marquette and Texas is ridiculous. One is a relatively tiny school in a dying league.

The other is the richest athletic department in the nation at one of the largest and most prestigious state schools in the nation.

VCU to Marquette is basically a lateral move in terms of visibility and potential success. They maybe could have paid slightly more, but not like Texas money. I could see turning down a 30-40% pay increase to stay instead of moving and starting over from scratch without any historical precedent for immediate success in the new job.

Texas meanwhile gives hugely increased visibility with their own TV network, chances for vastly increased levels of success judging by the kind of recruits that Texas pulls in, and a exponential pay increase on top.

It was more about him saying he was loyal to VCU. I mean yeah Marquette isn't really a big school since the old Big East folded. I probably shouldn't of worded it like that my bad.

inm8num2

Shaka has done a great job with VCU, and he was ripe for the picking from a Power 5 school. I just hope he brings back the goatee.

I'm really excited to see what Shaka can do at Texas. If he can recruit on par with Barnes, we'll be in great shape considering he's 10x the coach Barnes will ever be.

Why all of a sudden he accepting a deal to a major college? I remember he turned down an offer to Marquette stating he wanted to stay at VCU.
Turned down Illinois last time around too. Rumor was that he wanted nothing to do with recruiting Chicago. Also, no doubt we low balled him because the administration is lolbad where sports is concerned...

Texas presumably did not low ball him.

That said, I've been a little down on Shaka as a major college coach since Michigan dusted his team in the tourney. Just a complete evisceration of that press.

I believe he turned down UCLA in the past few years too.

Still, other than basketball being a distant second place in terms of a performance, I'd say Texas is a great school to go to. Unlimited budget, great recruiting territory, and Austin is amazing from everything I've been told.

iamblades

Turned down Illinois last time around too. Rumor was that he wanted nothing to do with recruiting Chicago. Also, no doubt we low balled him because the administration is lolbad where sports is concerned...

That said, I've been a little down on Shaka as a major college coach since Michigan dusted his team in the tourney. Just a complete evisceration of that press.

Well at a school like Texas he should be getting the kind of athletes where he doesn't have to 100% rely on the scrappy underdog pressing all of the time.

Will be interesting to see how he adapts to the increased resources though.

Shaka Smart using his well horded accomplishments to cash in on...Texas? Wouldn't have really been my choice. Good gig, but turning down UCLA for Texas? Da fuk?

You realize not every team is going to have the National Player of the Year as their point guard, right?

chris121580

Looking forward to going downtown for the events tomorrow! Minus all the horrible stuff with RFRA going on with my city, I love living here and we know how to put on a good sporting event and show people a great time. I'm all for MSU and Wisconsin. B1G represent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom