• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Hopefully we can amputate before it spreads too far.

I think it's safe to say Fronson won't be offered a contract to stay in Nasville. I've never seen a defensive player who is afraid to hit people until he rolled into town.

The funny thing is that, statistically, Franson has been one of, if not the best performing D on the Preds since he was acquired. Not saying he's the saviour or anything because he's not playing in difficult situations (no trust), but it's odd. Seems like Laviolette thinks he's got some bad juju or something.

The fact he played so little last night in a game which extended to triple overtime is, frankly, poor usage of personnel.

It's not new for him -- he's carried around a reputation for being a bit soft and lacking defensive awareness even in Toronto -- but you'd expect when the Preds acquired him in the trade they'd have realized his actual strengths. Maybe it's the coach and GM not seeing eye to eye.

Marvie_3

Banned
Gotdamn Blackhawks Stop winning.
Gotdamn Blues. Stop losing.

Actually, dont. Keep losing, losers.

Optimistic Marvie doesn't suit you. Not a word about Quenneville? What the fuck, dude?!
Well, Versteeg is still in the lineup, 2nd line needs to be broken up, power play sucks, and roszival still plays too. much. Fire Quenneville.

I can be optimistic about the Hawks. I expect a lot out of them so its frustrating when they underperform.

ShaneB

Would've been nice to have stayed up and watched the triple OT game, hope that series goes longer. Wonder if my Dad stayed up that long to watch his Blackhawks win.

trifelife

CanucksGAF, I'm getting the sense on twitter that Willie Desjardins is starting to wear out his welcome?

He's not the one on the ice. Also was considered "real good" until the Sedins got less ice time/Canucks stopped winning.

Fans are dumb. People on Twitter are dumb.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I hope we totally destroy the Habs tonight, both physically and mentally. Would be nice to see a massive blowout for the Sens :D

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
You tried physically last game and that didn't work. Mentally you have Neil in the lineup....

It was working until we stopped playing like that. It's clear the Habs can be knocked off their game if you play physical against them, it's just I don't know if the Sens have enough in the tank to play like that all game.

Edit: Also need to be a lot more disciplined, the Habs have been very disciplined since the first game

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It was working until we stopped playing like that. It's clear the Habs can be knocked off their game if you play physical against them, it's just I don't know if the Sens have enough in the tank to play like that all game.

Edit: Also need to be a lot more disciplined, the Habs have been very disciplined since the first game

Yeah, Sens are fortunate our PP has been garbage.

Been a tight series though. I few more bounces and big saves, things could be different.

I hope the Habs have got the terrible giveaways out of their system.

Giggzy

Hopefully the Ducks can finish this tonight. I feel like Getzlaf may be nursing an injury due to the way he seems to be moving around the ice, so more rest the better!

I wonder if we'll risk Thompson tonight or just let flash play center again.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hopefully the Ducks can finish this tonight. I feel like Getzlaf may be nursing an injury due to the way he seems to be moving around the ice, so more rest the better!

I wonder if we'll risk Thompson tonight or just let flash play center again.

The Meat Man had a good game the other night, I say we let him play.

It will be a very interesting game... we know the Ducks will come out wanting to put an end to this. Will the Jets come out like the 2014 Kings, fighting to their last breath? Or will they come out expecting to lose and put up just enough effort to not get blown out?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If New York Rangers and Montreal face each other in the conference finals again, who has the better shot?

Twice in the past couple of years Montreal has made amazing runs to the conference finals and faced teams that dominated them (Philadelphia and New York Rangers)...

The Rangers are the better overall team, but Price is an actual literal god against the Rangers.

10-5-1, 1.86 GAA, .940 SV%, 6 shutouts

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He's not the one on the ice. Also was considered "real good" until the Sedins got less ice time/Canucks stopped winning.

Fans are dumb. People on Twitter are dumb.

To be fair he's made some real stupid decisions.

Like continuing to put MacMillan on the ice.

Or when we're down by two, PLAYING HIM WITH THE SEDINS INSTEAD OF VRBATA.

Or not putting the Sedins out for 4on4's.

Or when our goalscoring is anemic, calling up Baertschi and then not playing him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Klein is on the ice with the team again. Still skating with Sheppard as an extra. Sounds like he's getting close. Maybe for Game 5?

Keith Yandle is also absent again today. Probably still sick. He'll probably still play unless there's more to the story there.

Meanwhile, the Pens say Pouliot is close to returning. Don't think that means tonight, but maybe Friday?

Jeez. Also Bobby Ryan being completely invisible doesn't help you guys either. What the heck happened to him?

Well one theory is that he is playing with some sort of undisclosed injury. It's happened before and it's common for players to play in the postseason with injuries and their production dropping off a cliff.

The other(and I've been too busy to follow Sens lines and the Corsi/analytics crowd closely) but I believe Zibanejad and Ryan didn't really work at all until Hoffman played on their line and he's now on the fourth now that Michalek is back.

Cake Boss

Banned
In a series where all games were decided by 1 goal let's put our best goal scorer on the 4th line and destroy our entire 2nd line.

Good job, good effort. The world juniors Cameron has finally came out this series, we were all waiting for it.

Giggzy

McMillan is still around? How have I not noticed lol. I don't miss him on the Ducks at all. All he reminds me of is our transition years and Randy Carlyle. I feel bad for you.

Jeez. Also Bobby Ryan being completely invisible doesn't help you guys either. What the heck happened to him?

Nothing, that's just Bobby Ryan for you. Either completely invisible, or in beast mode. Very rarely does he fall in between.

Thanks for Silfverberg though Ottawa! ;)

Does anyone know where to find the starting time for the games this weekend that we still dont know if they are needed. It just says TBD* but it feels like it must be decided.

calder

edit: wrong thread fuck

3sz7g9.jpg

Back to your offseason thread, peasant! Maybe see you there later tonight!

I'm cautiously optimistic for a Jets win tonight. Just don't get swept guys, it'd mean a lot to us all.

iLLmAtlc

i don't think there's any way that lawsuit gets anywhere. isn't the doctor modeled after some actor like the article pointed out?

the doctor sounds as mental as the fans.

trifelife

Or when we're down by two, PLAYING HIM WITH THE SEDINS INSTEAD OF VRBATA.

Or not putting the Sedins out for 4on4's.

Or when our goalscoring is anemic, calling up Baertschi and then not playing him.

I agree, and I think the defensive deployment has been brutal, but there's probably some factors going into these decisions we won't ever know about. Baertschi was weird but maybe he wasn't ready to go. I dunno, but outraged fans calling for his head need to chill. Fans had no expectations at the start of the season now he's the reason we're not winning the Cup?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1033789

I knew that MGS conspiracy thread was gonna turn ugly.

GAF Pls

lol damn Kotaku, snitches get stitches

How many articles do they write based on GAF threads though? Seems like that's all I ever see.

Missing Richardson and Burrows sucks. It disrupts the lines and affects their PK.

Horvat's leading the team in scoring.

Bieksa and Sbisa have been garbage.

Power play hasn't been great.

Some of Willie's decisions have been baffling but he's not the sole reason the Canucks are facing elimination.

Calgary has been faster, hungrier, and healthier. Anaheim will likely eat them for lunch but they're simply the better team.

Smiley90

McMillan is still around? How have I not noticed lol. I don't miss him on the Ducks at all. All he reminds me of is our transition years and Randy Carlyle. I feel bad for you.
)

... that's my point. lol. He does NOTHING.

I agree, and I think the defensive deployment has been brutal, but there's probably some factors going into these decisions we won't ever know about. Baertschi was weird but maybe he wasn't ready to go. I dunno, but outraged fans calling for his head need to chill. Fans had no expectations at the start of the season now he's the reason we're not winning the Cup?

oh yeah for sure, he's still a great coach. But he shouldn't fuck up his long-built reputation in these playoffs. :p

Smiley90

Missing Richardson and Burrows sucks. It disrupts the lines and affects their PK.

Horvat's leading the team in scoring.

Bieksa and Sbisa have been garbage.

Power play hasn't been great.

Some of Willie's decisions have been baffling but he's not the sole reason the Canucks are facing elimination.

Calgary has been faster, hungrier, and healthier. Anaheim will likely eat them for lunch but they're simply the better team.

let me guess, you haven't had breakfast yet?

iLLmAtlc

fanbase is pretty nuts. it's like when everybody was ripping AV for not playing Hodgson, but nobody was knowledgeable enough to understand he was looking good from extremely sheltered minutes (not that I knew either).

willie is getting paid like a million dollars to coach the team, he's not an idiot. is baertschi really such a no brainer over mcwaivers or do you think people's anger is driven by not getting to see the narrative of baertschi sticking it to his former team?

Giggzy

The Meat Man had a good game the other night, I say we let him play.

It will be a very interesting game... we know the Ducks will come out wanting to put an end to this. Will the Jets come out like the 2014 Kings, fighting to their last breath? Or will they come out expecting to lose and put up just enough effort to not get blown out?

I think the Ducks win by a two goal margin tonight, and actually go into the 3rd with a lead. Winnipeg will fight tooth and nail in the 3rd to give the fans some hope. They'll score one to make it interesting before the ducks regain the two goal lead with an empty netter by
Getzy.

My bags are packed to leave to Yosemite straight from the HC viewing party when this prediction fails.

Smiley90

fanbase is pretty nuts. it's like when everybody was ripping AV for not playing Hodgson, but nobody was knowledgeable enough to understand he was looking good from extremely sheltered minutes (not that I knew either).

willie is getting paid like a million dollars to coach the team, he's not an idiot. is baertschi really such a no brainer over mcwaivers or do you think people's anger is driven by not getting to see the narrative of baertschi sticking it to his former team?

our anger is driven by the point that MacMillan is fucking useless

I'd rather play, heck, ANYONE ELSE from Utica over him. Bring up Archibald. Acton. Conacher. Jensen. anyone.

RC

Banned
our anger is driven by the point that MacMillan is fucking useless

I'd rather play, heck, ANYONE ELSE from Utica over him. Bring up Archibald. Acton. Conacher. Jensen. anyone.

Wow, Archibald? You must really hate MacMillian.

For good reason mind you, that man is skating garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom