• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLmAtlc

ok but don't you think this looks like people steaming over AV playing tanner glass after a loss? it was always AV got outcoached, why is he scratching Keith Ballard, blah blah blah. now a lot of people are starting to realize that AV wasn't an idiot.

i'm tired of that, fans overreact, plain and simple.

like an article pointed out today for every decision you and I can second guess there are probably a ton willie does behind the scenes nobody sees.

if you take a look at the big picture, he has been at the helm while the Canucks improved 17 places in the league standings. nobody expected playoffs this year, and here we are. yet people are calling for his head. makes no sense to me.

let me guess, you haven't had breakfast yet?

Haha good point.

Baertschi has less NHL experience than MacMillan (love the MacWaivers nickname, btw) and might be a defensive liability. Willie is prone to reward loyalty, perhaps to a fault, but it's gotten the Canucks to the playoffs, so he must be doing something right.

Willie is also stubborn. In Game 1 he rolled all four lines evenly. At the start of the season he was reluctant to play Horvat a lot. It look an injury for him to put Kassian with the Sedins. He kept Vey on the power play for far too long.

The calls to fire Willie are dumb. Before the playoffs he was a Jack Adams longshot, and now people want him canned? I mean, McLellan is available, but still...

RC

Banned
It's because the Canucks are a "better" team than Calgary on paper, who are also missing their best player.
Personally I'm still sore after the 2004 series, so this is just rubbing salt into that old wound.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
You can't have that one either.

Edit: wait, are you saying you'd rather have Perry playing for you, or you'd rather have him urinate on you?

in the case of the ducks beating jets i'd rather catie perry put in the final nail compared to an ex-moose player.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's because the Canucks are a "better" team than Calgary on paper, who are also missing their best player.
Personally I'm still sore after the 2004 series, so this is just rubbing salt into that old wound.

hey we came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Flames before...

... yeah okay not this time

ZeroGravity

Looks like Cooper is going to stick with the exact same lineup as Game 3. Still no Drouin. Almost fucking hope Detroit eliminates us.

Razorskin

----- ------
ISOJb0N.png

Mentok

Banned
I'm pretty sure Ottawa will win tonight, but I'm really hoping that Price just goes HAM on them and gets a shutout.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/nhl-daniel-carcillo- steve-montador-video/

:(

Great on him for bringing this to light. It's an important issue the PA needs to address.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Doubt the Sens have much left, 2 OT losses, down by 3, leading scorer injured. There's only so much you can rally back from.

ShaneB

I have an incredible amount of respect for him doing this. The NHL has a very real problem and I truly hope that him doing this helps.

Echoes what I was going to post pretty much. Incredible video and so much respect to him for speaking out. This simple quote really hit me, "Why didn’t he reach out if something was wrong?"

Doubt the Sens have much left, 2 OT losses, down by 3, leading scorer injured. There's only so much you can rally back from.

I wouldn't count on them rolling over Red. Though that said, I don't think Ottawa is going to be able to come back from 3-0 down either. I expect them to push it to 6 games max.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wouldn't count on them rolling over Red. Though that said, I don't think Ottawa is going to be able to come back from 3-0 down either. I expect them to push it to 6 games max.
I expect them to come out hard, but Habs have shown how well they are at withstanding that. Sens have scored all 3 games and still lost, Habs have shown some impressive resilience that I wasn't expecting.

zroid

Banned
I wouldn't worry about the Jets future, they have one of the deepest prospect pools in the league and are already a pretty darn good team. These guys are going to be a force for years to come.

JetsGAF

I'm scared for you tonight. This might be the end for you :(

Kinda hope this won't be the last playoff appearance we see of the New Jets

If we have a 1 goal lead going into the 3rd, we're done. This team has shown it can not hold 1 goal leads.

Honestly we had to win game 3 in order to have a chance at the 2nd round. I'm just hoping we can take 1 game from this series. Hell 2 wins would be fantastic.

I wouldn't worry about the Jets future, they have one of the deepest prospect pools in the league and are already a pretty darn good team. These guys are going to be a force for years to come.

One of the many reasons why in hindsight, Atlanta was the better team to acquire. I'm far more excited for the Jets future and talent than I ever was with Edmonton.

Giggzy

Well, it's about that time I start getting nervous. I may need a few drinks tonight. Going to head to the Honda Center soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom