• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
okaygetinanaheim2ocqla.gif

fallout

Framing it as a "top team" vs "the lowest seed" isn't really accurate given how they matched up in the standings, on paper, and in this series.
In the standings, they were the lowest seed. On paper, they're severely lacking in the kind of depth and talent that the Ducks have. In the series, they've been consistently outplayed and got swept as a result. I don't think they ever had a chance in this series.

That said, the Jets are young. They haven't given up and fought hard throughout. Under Maurice and with the trades Chevy has made, things have really improved. I think they'll be able to build on this and maybe someday ... maybe, just maybe win a playoff game.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Absolutely amazing series, and a great performance from the Jets. Very unique in that we were truly lucky to win the first three, and yet we still swept. Jets Nation has nothing to be ashamed of whatsoever.

BTW suck it so-called experts who picked jets in 6

you look like total fools right now

Ducks 1st team to clinch a series and get some rest for the next

Yeah.... no.

*looks around* I dunno. I still don't have cable?

Also, lol @ the double whammy of 1) assuming the series is over, and 2) implying the Flames could sweep the Ducks.

Interesting

You're right, I'm sorry for posting inflammatory comments. I should know better.

Socreges

Banned
In the standings, they were the lowest seed. On paper, they're severely lacking in the kind of depth and talent that the Ducks have. In the series, they've been consistently outplayed and got swept as a result. I don't think they ever had a chance in this series.

That said, the Jets are young. They haven't given up and fought hard throughout. Under Maurice and with the trades Chevy has made, things have really improved. I think they'll be able to build on this and maybe someday ... maybe, just maybe win a playoff game.
*consults guidebook*

Encouragement from others is not helpful during this stage of grieving.

Right. My bad.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I actually had Ducks in 4, sorry Jets-bros :(

3gC2B5t.png

edit: did everyone pick Ducks in 5? jeez

Parch

Didn't expect a sweep, but Ducks just too much for the poor Jets.

This could be a nice advantage for the Ducks in the 2nd round. They can put up their webbed feet and watch the other series kill each other now.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Haha, okay, okay. I might be pushing it a bit, but I really was legitimately surprised that people thought these games were close.

Bro, the Ducks won the second game with less than 20 seconds left, and the third in OT. The first we came from behind in the last 6 minutes. These games were incredibly close.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Good learning experience for a lot of the Jets players, I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with the next few years.

Didn't expect a sweep, but Ducks just too much for the poor Jets.

This could be a nice advantage for the Ducks in the 2nd round. They can put up their webbed feet and watch the other series kill each other now.

i hope cal/van goes the full 7 games with the last one going into triple OT.

they'll be in a weak state ready to be feasted upon by bloodthirsty ducks

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Good learning experience for a lot of the Jets players, I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with the next few years.

give us three years with our draft picks and team maturing and we will have a great team, mts centre tonight was amazing the atmosphere was great. Congrats ducks fans, Flames you know what you have to do.

Jets were a good team, they can use this experience to build on. They reminded me of the 2007 Ducks with their physicality and energy.
we had Nieds and Prongs though.
They'll be a good team for a long time.

Hats off to the Jets and their fans for being classy. Glad it didn't unravel like the Canucks and Flames.

And to CreeperBlocks/Red Man: we'll use Sekac next round. FOR YOU

NHL-GAF, u da real MVPs

Socreges

Banned
You're right, I'm sorry for posting inflammatory comments. I should know better.
...? It's what I've come to expect.

Also. I didn't pick the Flames or the Canucks to make the playoffs. I thought both teams would eventually slip out of contention. They both surprised me. And I said as much at the end of this season. I was never at all confident that the Canucks would get past them.... though I didn't expect to be out in 5 either.

yoda, as much as he seems like a miserable person who is wrong and stupid virtually all the time, is totally right about these teams heading in different directions. The Canucks core had lots of success for years while the Flames wallowed in squalor.... but they're old and slow now.

zroid

Banned
Bro, the Ducks won the second game with less than 20 seconds left, and the third in OT. The first we came from behind in the last 6 minutes. These games were incredibly close.

Eh, Ducks outplayed the Jets pretty significantly in the first two games. They were lucky to be ahead going into the third. Was much different in the last two.

fallout

Except that leading up to those goals, the Ducks had the game in complete control. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was pleading for them to squeak one out, but it would have taken some lucky bounces or something.

I do like the way the Ducks play, though. Go win one for Teemu and I'll be happy.

I had Ducks in 6.

Jets have a deep as fuck prospect pool and are equipped for future success. Once they have an all-star goaltender, they'll be sorted.

Fucking TROUBA man, gawt damn.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
...? It's what I've come to expect.

Also. I didn't pick the Flames or the Canucks to make the playoffs. I thought both teams would eventually slip out of contention. They both surprised me. And I said as much at the end of this season. I was never at all confident that the Canucks would get past them.... though I didn't expect to be out in 5 either.

yoda, as much as he seems like a miserable person who is wrong and stupid virtually all the time, is totally right about these teams heading in different directions. The Canucks core had lots of success for years while the Flames wallowed in squalor.... but they're old and slow now.

epP1Z.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom