• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLmAtlc

I agree that I'd hate Burrows if he wasn't on the Nucks. Thing is though his play aside he seems like a good dude. E.g. when Hodgson got traded he left his car at the airport and Burrows drove it back for him. Fans who report meeting him almost unanimously say he's great.

I've never heard a current or former teammate say anything bad about him. AV gushes about his work ethic and everything else. Ron Maclean went on the record and said both Malhotra and Mitchell said he's respected in the room. It's not like Sean Avery when he had the Stars ripping him when he was still on the team.

Sauce on Hodgson car story
VANCOUVER - Cody Hodgson has resolved one issue regarding his trade from the Buffalo Sabres. He reclaimed his car Friday as he quietly snuck into Rogers Arena and picked it up. Former Canucks teammate Alex Burrows drove it to the rink for Hodgson from the Vancouver airport after the centre was shipped to the Buffalo Sabres in a surprise deal at the NHL trading deadline.

http://www.stalbertgazette.com/arti...y-as-sabres-make-rare-visit-to&template=cpArt

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, I've heard plenty of stories of him being great with fans and in the community. Kesler, conversely, was a shithead at times. Burrows is more of a shithead on the ice, though.

Apart from the Vancouver media and Tabris, there's not much hate for Kesler. And most Canucks fans don't see it "as cold blooded betrayal", though it's fun to frame it that way. I still love seeing him have success.

We'll see how they feel after they come back to beat the flames and then get swept by the Ducks because Kesler goes HAM on them.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, ya'll need to be watching wrestling. Or at least Lucha Underground. So damn fresh and exciting. Check it...

lfpnnh.gif

Solo

The fuck was that Sens/Habs game 4? ZERO intensity from either team in an elimination game......wat. No one on Montreal aside from Price showed up.

FOOTE

Welp. It's going to be loads easier to go through my day since I wont have to listen to people (Cardinals fans) wanting the Blues to "blow it all up." At least for one day.

I know you guys already talked about this but I went on youtube to watch the playoff intro videos from HNiC and sportsnet and they are horrible. I can't believe they think a cheesy voice over and overused sports cliches were a good idea much less better than the great videos from the last few years. They should fire whoever thought these new videos were a good idea.

calder

At bare minimum, 70-80% of the on air talent for Snet/HNIC should be replaced. Sadly, that would be about 2000 people and there's no proof that there's a bunch of better options out there. I mean, I would assume there's broadcasters out there or kids in broadcast school who could sit in a chair and talk about hockey in a less awful way than Glenn Healy but apparently not.

Calamari41

41 > 38
In anticipation of the game tonight, I've shifted my portfolio to heavily focus on Canadian salt futures. Don't let me down, Vancouver. If you guys win, free Ikea end tables for everyone! Should only run me about $30 all said.

My investment into the Winnipeg shaving industry has already seen monumental gains since last night.

Giggzy

I went to ikea last week. Their meatballs are not as good as I remembered. Overrated and fucking gross.

Got a nice towel rack though.

The fuck was that Sens/Habs game 4? ZERO intensity from either team in an elimination game......wat. No one on Montreal aside from Price showed up.

I feel games like that happen a lot this year. Not Just us but other teams as well. One game they have energy then the next they don't.

I'm thinking someone should be Scratched for next game.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The Ducks had 13 players record at least a point in the series against Winnipeg. Great numbers for four games, and really speaks to our depth.

Tabris

B-_h4DAUwAAJBa9.jpg

If only you didn't have a prejudice against Ikea and it's amazing looking furniture, you could have a styling place like mine :)

Sounds like you're an anti-Swedish racist.

The Ducks had 13 players record at least a point in the series against Winnipeg. Great numbers for four games, and really speaks to our depth.

Might be the deepest team Anaheim's had.

I mean, we have Sekac and Wizniewski just sitting in the press box just in case.

Hoping to see Sekac and Wizniewski play next series but I'm not sure you want to change things up after the team swept a series.

Cake Boss

Banned
I forgot to post this last night.

DIDNT GET SWEPPPPPPTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FRANCHISE 4TH LINER HAFFFMANNN!!!!

627.gif
627.gif
627.gif

Who would have thought that putting your best goal scorer in a position to succeed instead of fail, that your team would benefit greatly. Wooow what a concept, who could have thought that through.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Who would have thought that putting your best goal scorer in a position to succeed instead of fail, that your team would benefit greatly. Wooow what a concept, who could have thought that through.

I laughed at them playing up Cameron's "brilliant" coaching decision to put Hoffman on the second line last night while ignoring the fact that he put him on the fourth line to start with.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers have an actual practice today at 1, which means Kevin Klein is going to get the full practice he needed to know if he can be cleared to play...

ShaneB

I know you guys already talked about this but I went on youtube to watch the playoff intro videos from HNiC and sportsnet and they are horrible. I can't believe they think a cheesy voice over and overused sports cliches were a good idea much less better than the great videos from the last few years. They should fire whoever thought these new videos were a good idea.

It's horrible and cheesy with stupid deep voice movie trailer guy, but it's a dumb 20 second intro to a 3 hour broadcast that you forget about just as quickly when it's over. Could they better? Sure! But It's seriously not something to get so riled up over. *shrug* The playoff intro montage they had before game 1 was pretty good, and that's the only one that matters. Ah well.

Excited for Game 5 tonight, fuck off Islanders! Go Caps!

Calamari41

41 > 38
B-_h4DAUwAAJBa9.jpg

If only you didn't have a prejudice against Ikea and it's amazing looking furniture, you could have a styling place like mine :)

Sounds like you're an anti-Swedish racist.

Hate us cause they ain't us? Ikea isn't exactly an exclusive brand, breh. Any 18 year old college freshman across the continent can tell you that.

Samyy

Hate us cause they ain't us? Ikea isn't exactly an exclusive brand, breh. Any 18 year old college freshman across the continent can tell you that.

Brehs where are these college freshman with Ikea shit?
That shit is expensive
Hand me downs from family or bust!

Calamari41

41 > 38
Brehs where are these college freshman with Ikea shit?
That shit is expensive
Hand me downs from family or bust!

If a piece of furniture survived long enough to be handed down in the first place, smart money is on that piece of furniture not being part of The Ikea Collection.

Tabris

Your irrational hate for Ikea stems from deep-seeded anti-Swedish racism.

In all seriousness, the appeal of Ikea furniture for me personally is the clean lines / simple look. It's hard to actually find that in higher end furniture a lot of times, and I personally think it's a waste of money when you can get the same thing from Ikea. I'm not actually a snob about that stuff personally, I just started buying some higher end furniture for the first time a couple years ago, but your commentary is funny sometimes :)

It's horrible and cheesy with stupid deep voice movie trailer guy, but it's a dumb 20 second intro to a 3 hour broadcast that you forget about just as quickly when it's over. Could they better? Sure! But It's seriously not something to get so riled up over. *shrug* The playoff intro montage they had before game 1 was pretty good, and that's the only one that matters. Ah well.

Excited for Game 5 tonight, fuck off Islanders! Go Caps!

If you think I'm riled up than you read my post in the wrong tone, more like dissapointed in the obviously decreased quality

Calamari41

41 > 38
Your irrational hate for Ikea stems from deep-seeded anti-Swedish racism.

In all seriousness, the appeal of Ikea furniture for me personally is the clean lines / simple look. It's hard to actually find that in higher end furniture a lot of times, and I personally think it's a waste of money when you can get the same thing from Ikea. I'm not actually a snob about that stuff personally, I just started buying some higher end furniture for the first time a couple years ago, but your commentary is funny sometimes :)

As a Norwegian, I refuse to give those filthy Swedes an inch.

Ikea is fine, especially for the price. I just find it funny that it's being used as the basis for a "hate us cause ain't us" situation.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Dammit guys, look at what you've done

27t4DZj.png

And in Spanish, too?

I'm getting a bad credit car loans ad. Are you guys hiding something? Is this about Smelly rejecting the KIA dealership's offer?

ShaneB

If you think I'm riled up than you read my post in the wrong tone, more like dissapointed in the obviously decreased quality

Ah! Well my apologies in that case. I share similar sentiments, just find the stuff easy to ignore and forget and get on to just enjoying watching the hockey game for 60 minutes.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In anticipation of the game tonight, I've shifted my portfolio to heavily focus on Canadian salt futures. Don't let me down, Vancouver. If you guys win, free Ikea end tables for everyone! Should only run me about $30 all said.

My investment into the Winnipeg shaving industry has already seen monumental gains since last night.

I'm 95% sure for maximum salt output the Canucks need to win (and it also makes for more potentially salt-games), so... Tonight we're all Canucks? Water > Fire Alliance?

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm 95% sure for maximum salt output the Canucks need to win (and it also makes for more potentially salt-games), so... Tonight we're all Canucks? Water > Fire Alliance?

We'll also be needing you to bang them up before the second round.

But hey, keep it clean, keep it clean.

keepitfair2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom