• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I had Ducks in 6.

Jets have a deep as fuck prospect pool and are equipped for future success. Once they have an all-star goaltender, they'll be sorted.

Fucking TROUBA man, gawt damn.

Pavs has been great but he's not the future I think it'll be divided between Hutch and our farm goalie name doesnt ring a bell but Ive heard good things about him, I think we need to get rid of buff though, sadly he is one of the few d-man on our team that hit and be physical but its at a cost, we can get something good for him, im happy for jets future looks good on the horizon

Also next year when the farm team moves to winnipeg, going to be hockey central good god

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I had Jets in 7, so that is one bracket toasted.

Still on track in almost every other series though...as long as Blues (in 6), Hawks (in 5), Flames (in 5), Habs (in 5), Rangers (in 5) and Caps (in 7). I had Bolts in 5 and that ones is busted.

TheStruggler

So proud that the Jets are continuing at least one tradition from the Thrashers.

Zero playoff wins! :')

wow I know trying to rebuild a team slowly and properly compared to pushing out stars from the get go like Burmistrov and have him leave the nhl, deff the same.....

cd7.gif

Welp, no win for us.

I can't deny that Ducks were the better team overall despite game 2 and 3 coming to the brink. We had no chance of taking the series after losing game 3. I can't really hate the Ducks (except maybe Kesler but never been a fan of him even back when he was in Vancouver) but I wished they at least let us win one at home for the fans.

Regardless, GG Ducks. It was a good ride while it lasted.

ZeroGravity

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Trouba, Ladd, Little and Stuart all among those dealing with injuries. Time of year, but part of the story.

Maurice just acknowledged 8 significant injuries, 4 of which happened in this series. Players playing with broken bones.
Honestly it sounds like given the circumstances, the Jets put up one hell of a fight.

I'm torn between really wanting the Jets fans to have the home win they deserve.

But also wanting more rest for the boys after they obviously got banged up a bit during the storm of that series.

I guess we'll have to take some of our talent out of the pools for next round.

Wonder if Wiz and Cakes are ready?

Honestly it sounds like given the circumstances, the Jets put up one hell of a fight.

Wow.

Heart.

TheStruggler

I'm torn between really wanting the Jets fans to have the home win they deserve.

But also wanting more rest for the boys after they obviously got banged up a bit during the storm of that series.

I guess we'll have to take some of our talent out of the pools for next round.

Wonder if Wiz and Cakes are ready?

Wow.

Heart.
would I have wanted a win at mts yes however if the jets were to be defeated id rather it be at mts where fans give them the send off they deserve

Cat Party

Bro, the Ducks won the second game with less than 20 seconds left, and the third in OT. The first we came from behind in the last 6 minutes. These games were incredibly close.

But the Ducks never looked like they were in danger. At best, it seemed like Winnipeg might get them to 5 or 6 games.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Injuries are such a big issue this time of year, it's why it pays dividends when you can play well all season and lock up a playoff spot and a top seed weeks before the season is over.

Holiday

Banned
Sorry Jets-GAF :( I was pulling for you.

Winnepeg will only get better, and the Central will only get more absurd.

Congratulations Ducks-GAF, that Perry assist was choice.

TheStruggler

Injuries are such a big issue this time of year, it's why it pays dividends when you can play well all season and lock up a playoff spot and a top seed weeks before the season is over.

jets for some reason are always injury prone I get at this time of year players have to push through however we are talking about a team that lost the majority of their defence-men, and at the time one of the hottest players in the nhl until injured, jets have been unlucky. Hopefully next year we can stay healthy

calder

I really thought they'd win tonight, alas. Happy to see the fans give them a good send off, and I'm extra go happy to see fans on Twitter almost universally optimistic about the team overall and still happy they made the playoffs at all.

Looking forward to next year, hope this experience helps the younger players. Scheifele in particular was just destroyed by the ducks second line, but hey two of our centers are 21 years old so hopefully the team has a bit more depth.

Jesus christ would you shut the fuck up.
Don't worry, I'm sure he'll vanish now that the jets are eliminated, he sure seems to have no actual interest in hockey.

TheStruggler

I really thought they'd win tonight, alas. Happy to see the fans give them a good send off, and I'm extra go happy to see fans on Twitter almost universally optimistic about the team overall and still happy they made the playoffs at all.

Looking forward to next year, hope this experience helps the younger players. Scheifele in particular was just destroyed by the ducks second line, but hey two of our centers are 21 years old so hopefully the team has a bit more depth.

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll vanish now that the jets are eliminated, he sure seems to have no actual interest in hockey.

I love lowry when he is on the ice he looks like he wants to straight up murder somebody plus he is a big body, he just needs to go to the net more

Giggzy

Wahoo!

What a fun series! GG Jets fans. Your club boasts some damn good talent. You'll be really fucking good in the future.

Socreges

Banned
I don't even hate Kessler anymore, his cold blooded betrayal of the Canucks pleased me too much.
Apart from the Vancouver media and Tabris, there's not much hate for Kesler. And most Canucks fans don't see it "as cold blooded betrayal", though it's fun to frame it that way. I still love seeing him have success.

zedge

All we need to do is have them play at Ponda for every single game and we win.

:lol

They have to break that curse some day. ;)

Sorry Jets fans. Was hoping they would get a win at home. Nothing to be ashamed of though. Team will be better from the experience. Heck that's all I wanted from the Flames. Amazed they have done so well honestly.

iLLmAtlc

Don't like him either. It's a bit of jealousy talking due to his success with Ducks but he turned his back on the team first chance he got.

I believe it that he was sick of the away from the rink stuff though. I wouldn't want to be a hockey player in a Canadian market either. Kinda understandable that it's not worth putting up with when the team blows.

Socreges

Banned
Don't like him either. It's a bit of jealousy talking due to his success with Ducks but he turned his back on the team first chance he got.

I believe it that he was sick of the away from the rink stuff though. I wouldn't want to be a hockey player in a Canadian market either. Kinda understandable that it's not worth putting up with when the team blows.
The writing was on the wall. He was getting old, he had just suffered through Torts, and the Canucks were a bottom 6 team. He jumped ship at the right time. Hes not the kinda guy to be driven by loyalty but we always knew that and were fans anyway.

zroid

Banned

Great thing about Kessel. Ostensibly he actually wants to be in Toronto, and yet even so the local media is pretty much constantly trying to run him out of town.

Socreges

Banned
Kesler is just like Burrows. If he's not on your team, there's a good chance you fucking hate him.

Which means he's doing his job just fine.
I dunno. Burrows doesn't really do his job very well anymore, gets paid much more, and is still hated by some people. Most have moved on, though, and so have fans that used to really like him. He used to work his ass off, score goals, and irritate the fuck out of the opposition. Now he's reigned in the stupidity in the last few years but he's also a lot less effective in any important ways. Go ahead and pull Duncan Keith's hair - just make sure you score 30 goals, too.

Dude got old, I guess, like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom