• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have a problem with Winnipeg or their fans. I think the media and some people in this thread are acting ridiculously over what's happening.

The media is always embarrassing, but they're still the best crowd so far these playoffs.

Soon enough Jets fans will be jaded like the rest of us.

zroid

Banned
BfHenL1.png

lol

Foggy

That's not what it's about, but ok. I made a joke about the media treating then like a bunch of children and someone got butthurt about it.

Foggy, this was supposed to be an insult to Vancouver. Jesus Christ, let it go.

I'm the one that needs to let it go? Shit.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm the one that needs to let it go? Shit.

I made a joke about Vancouver's dead crowd and what they could to to salvage something out of this series which was also at the expense of the hockey media vis a vis their treatment of Winnipeg, and you came valiantly to their rescue. So yes, please let it go.

I think that the articles I read that are about how endearing the jets fan base is and how valiant their effort was are ridiculous, they still choked their way out of the playoffs. Good job getting there and showing you didn't belong in the first place. I like the jets and I like Winnipeg but I'm not about to sugarcoat it or pretend that if the fan base, and apparently the hockey world in general, weren't still in the honeymoon phase the feelings would be much different.

Conversely to compare to us, we have got none of the credit with a much worse team on paper than the jets.

I don't see why you're complaining. The Flames are on the verge of making the second round and have gotten credit for doing far better than expected.

Foggy

I made a joke about Vancouver's dead crowd and what they could to to salvage something out of this series which was also at the expense of the hockey media vis a vis their treatment of Winnipeg, and you came valiantly to their rescue. So yes, please let it go.

Valiantly to their rescue? I'm just responding to something that was bitter and weird. Take a break and get a grip.

I don't see why you're complaining. The Flames are on the verge of making the second round and have gotten credit for doing far better than expected.

I disagree, there's still an uncertain feeling surrounding the comments of our team. Like somehow if we continue on to play the ducks we won't play a good series? No disrespect to Winnipeg, they played good hockey and a great season, but they came up short in the playoffs, I'm sorry if you jets fans thought they'd lose, that's a silly attitude to have in my opinion but that's a different conversation. The fact is they got swept and that's terrible and it shouldn't be a "well great job you guys are gonna be great, you already are great, you're gonna be the greatest and if there was a cup for the greatest that never was, then we'd definitely give it to you".

This is professional ass sports, this is the Stanley cup, there are no runners up, there is no next year, we just played 82 games to get here and there's no chance in hell you can guarantee a repeat performance to get there next year. A sweep is a disappointment no matter what, don't sugarcoat it, I enjoyed your ride, but you crashed fucking hard and that's disappointing and all I feel is sorry for you guys.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is professional ass sports, this is the Stanley cup, there are no runners up, there is no next year, we just played 82 games to get here and there's no chance in hell you can guarantee a repeat performance to get there next year. A sweep is a disappointment no matter what, don't sugarcoat it, I enjoyed your ride, but you crashed fucking hard and that's disappointing and all I feel is sorry for you guys.
The irony. My God, the irony.

Deadbeat

Banned
Guys I have a confession. This is my alt.

zroid

Banned
The Ducks are going to play 16 games in these playoffs.

6 game series win over Flames, followed by 6 game series loss in the WCF

Foggy

will-muschamp-pissed-off-gif.gif

You are one intense dude

Acid08

Banned
I disagree, there's still an uncertain feeling surrounding the comments of our team. Like somehow if we continue on to play the ducks we won't play a good series? No disrespect to Winnipeg, they played good hockey and a great season, but they came up short in the playoffs, I'm sorry if you jets fans thought they'd lose, that's a silly attitude to have in my opinion but that's a different conversation. The fact is they got swept and that's terrible and it shouldn't be a "well great job you guys are gonna be great, you already are great, you're gonna be the greatest and if there was a cup for the greatest that never was, then we'd definitely give it to you".

But

Pure class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom