• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedge

Look on the bright side, Nucks: if you take a page from the Winnipeg playbook and Clap Real Loud after they score on you, maybe the hockey world will collectively gag on your cock for a week.
I don't think any team are as universally hated by Canadians than the Canucks so no. ;)

He's right, the hockey world is like "poor Winnipeg" and are making the ducks sweep seem like a noble thing simply because they made the playoffs. You didn't see anyone start a fucking parade when we made it for the first time in 6 years, and we perform well and we still only get lukewarm reception and I still see people say "but the flames are unsustainable" just ridiculous.

zedge

He's right, the hockey world is like "poor Winnipeg" and are making the ducks sweep seem like a noble thing simply because they made the playoffs. You didn't see anyone start a cunning parade when we made it for the first time in 6 years, and we perform well and we still only get like warm reception and I still see people say "but the flames are unsustainable" just ridiculous.

That's true. Still see people calling the Flames garbage. Like wtf do you even watch hockey??

zroid

Banned
Babcock saying that this game was pretty much like Game 1 of the series. The better team on the night lost.

He's not wrong.

He also says 2-2 is about what it should be given the teams' respective play.

Again, he's not wrong.

Foggy

He's right, the hockey world is like "poor Winnipeg" and are making the ducks sweep seem like a noble thing simply because they made the playoffs. You didn't see anyone start a fucking parade when we made it for the first time in 6 years, and we perform well and we still only get lukewarm reception and I still see people say "but the flames are unsustainable" just ridiculous.

People feel good about a fanbase who get to see their team in the playoffs for the first time since 1996 and the fanbase responds by cheering their team at the end of the games even though they were swept, Not the most obscene thing in the world and the bitter post coming from a guy whose team just swept them? C'mon now.

Also, I have no idea what in the world that has to do with people who don't think the Flames are legit.

People feel good about a fanbase who get to see their team in the playoffs for the first time since 1996 and the fanbase responds by cheering their team at the end of the games even though they were swept, Not the most obscene thing in the world and the bitter post coming from a guy whose team just swept them? C'mon now.

Also, I have no idea what in the world that has to do with people who don't think the Flames are legit.

I think that the articles I read that are about how endearing the jets fan base is and how valiant their effort was are ridiculous, they still choked their way out of the playoffs. Good job getting there and showing you didn't belong in the first place. I like the jets and I like Winnipeg but I'm not about to sugarcoat it or pretend that if the fan base, and apparently the hockey world in general, weren't still in the honeymoon phase the feelings would be much different.

Conversely to compare to us, we have got none of the credit with a much worse team on paper than the jets.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think that the articles I read that are about how endearing the jets fan base is and how valiant their effort was are ridiculous, they still choked their way out of the playoffs. Good job getting there and showing you didn't belong in the first place. I like the jets and I like Winnipeg but I'm not about to sugarcoat it or pretend that if the fan base, and apparently the hockey world in general, weren't still in the honeymoon phase the feelings would be much different.

Conversely to compare to us, we have got none of the credit with a much worse team on paper than the jets.

Jets were facing the 2014-2015 Anaheim Ducks though, big difference.

Also fuck this 1996 nonsense, it's been 7 years, 96-99 and 2011-2015. So congratulations on your playoff drought hat was a whole season more than ours.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Sorry for finding the whole situation confusing and embarrassing. The Jets are a professional hockey team full of grown men, not a homeless puppy. I've never seen anything like it in any other sport.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for finding the whole situation confusing and embarrassing. The Jets are a professional hockey team full of grown men, not a homeless puppy. I've never seen anything like it in any other sport.

Should they have been booed off the ice?

Personally I liked seeing the positivity compared to the Habs fan base that will boo the team any chance they get
, myself included.

Socreges

Banned
can someone tell me where nick bonino is? He seems to be missing
Didn't we trade him at the deadline? Pretty sure

NHL-GAF's Flames fans proving to be the whiniest people on the planet

Calamari41

41 > 38
Should they have been booed off the ice?

Personally I liked seeing the positivity compared to the Habs fan base that will boo the team any chance they get
, myself included.

I don't have a problem with Winnipeg or their fans. I think the media and some people in this thread are acting ridiculously over what's happening.

Foggy

Confusing and embarrassing? They're media darlings, this is nothing new. Like, no one's showing up with lasagna and cookies at their doorstep. They're just sentimental favorites. Lord, I can't even imagine how this is something worth getting vaguely irritated about.

Calamari41

41 > 38
SORRY PEOPLE LIKE ANOTHER TEAM MORE THAN YOURS

That's not what it's about, but ok. I made a joke about the media treating then like a bunch of children and someone got butthurt about it.

Foggy, this was supposed to be an insult to Vancouver. Jesus Christ, let it go.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

You sound insecure.

I don't have a problem with Winnipeg or their fans. I think the media and some people in this thread are acting ridiculously over what's happening.
It's hard to get across how important that team is to that city. I can see how ridiculous it might appear to outsiders, but as a city and country that is raised on hockey, it's deservedly been a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom