• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
km2xo.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta close it out tonight, the Sens are too young and stupid to to realize the futility of their situation, and any more momentum could be dangerous.

trifelife

Flames fans.... Jesus...

Also you missed one excerpt from the full article:

“We want to make it clear, do not do this stuff, ever. And for goodness sake don’t do it in our name because that’s not our culture, that’s not our organization.”

"And to the man in the furry suit," King added, "we will find out who you are. Don't think we won't. And we will put an end to your reign of terror." Until such a time, Mounties have decided to patrol without the horses.

lol lol holy shit Soc

What was that Detroit? I'm pulling for Tampa, but blowing a 2-goal lead late is pretty terrible. Tyler Johnson is the real deal.

Chicago can probably finish the series at home (still no Weber?) but their goaltending situation just got a little more interesting. Forsberg is taking his Calder snub well.

Washington scored 5 goals without any points from Backstrom or Ovechkin.

NYR is up 3-1 on Pittsburgh, a complete reversal of last year's series.

Vancouver played a pretty good game last night. They dominated possession and didn't let Calgary have any sustained pressure. They blocked shots and passing lanes well. Miller looked a bit off to me (he seemed to be moving too much but maybe that's just the angle I had) so I worry a bit when the shots start getting better.

Although they won I thought they got a bit lucky. Hiller played really well and a lot of shots were weak, unscreened, and had no rebounds. Hansen does not work with the Sedins (the second goal did not involve him at all) but after Bonino's goal last night I doubt Willie puts Vrbata back with them. Higgins has no finish and his poor wraparound attempt kind of highlighted his lack of confidence (he had room and space to shoot instead). The second PP unit is still laughable though the first unit generated some chances. Baertschi was okay. Kenins took a penalty and didn't do much (please give Horvat some better linemates).

Calgary will be better tomorrow but if Vancouver plays like they did yesterday they'll have a chance. I think Game 6 goes to OT.

The atmosphere at Rogers was pretty intense. The huge enthusiasm at the start was dampened by the early goal, and about midway through the second one of the power plays generated a few boos. Bonino's goal really got the crowd back into it and Daniel's goal was amazing. Nothing beats having everyone on their feet in the final minute, and all the honking, random high-fives, and cheering outside after the game. Sure it was just one playoffs game but it was nice to celebrate a win.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This kind of feels like something Tabris would do.

Lol, calder made the same joke when it had one puck in it

Why is there a fireman's helmet on a scrap piece of wood?

We're embracing the vaunted blue collar, working class Orange County heritage. That or Ryan Kesler slaved away in his garage to make it and, upon seeing the clear pride in his craftsmanship, Getzlaf had no choice but to let him hang it up in the locker room.

Ducks can't afford IKEA like Tabris.

The helmet is for the 'hero' of each game. Usually a player or a guest like that kid from Boston with cancer who is a Ducks fan

Marvie_3

Banned
Chicago can probably finish the series at home (still no Weber?) but their goaltending situation just got a little more interesting. Forsberg is taking his Calder snub well.

Not really. Crawford's meltdown was on goals that any goalie in the NHL should have been able to stop. The only goal that you can completely pin on Darling last night was the first one. Until Darling shits the bed like Crow did in Game 2, he's starting.

Cindro

I'm somewhat *glad* the Hawks lost last night. I started filling iffy at the end of period 2 and went to bed so I could make it through work today (so I missed most of the third period train wreck).

I originally didn't have any plans tomorrow night, but now I can cruise into the official Hawks bar in my neighborhood and watch them win the series at the United Center with a bunch of other fans! I'm excited.

I also think Crawford will get the start in the first game of the next series, irregardless of how Darling performs tomorrow or (god forbid) game seven.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, calder made the same joke when it had one puck in it

We're embracing the vaunted blue collar, working class Orange County heritage. That or Ryan Kesler slaved away in his garage to make it and, upon seeing the clear pride in his craftsmanship, Getzlaf had no choice but to let him hang it up in the locker room.

I bet Getzlaf has cable.

Cindro

Dubnyk, Rinne, & Price finalists for Vezina.
Having not seen the other two, I have been consistently amazed by how incredible Pekka Rinne has been in this Hawks v. Preds series. He seems like a true treasure for his team, and as frustrating as it is seeing him eat so many goals from the Hawks, his performances have been mesmerizing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom