• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, could you make yourself look anymore hypocritical. But I guess that's to expected when you're a flames fan. I'll remember that when Anaheim wipes the fucking floor with your team.

:lol a hypocrite calling someone a hypocrite, we've entered the 4th dimension.

I don't have anything against the Flames. Can I contract out my hardcore trash talking to Nucks-Age?

Give me one day off..

delta25

Banned
:lol a hypocrite calling someone a hypocrite, we've entered the 4th dimension.

in what sense did I ever give you any reason to think I was being hypocritical?

edit:

you know what the fun part is, this where we start to see all the flames flags and jersey' come out of the wood work here in BC, so please, you tell me who's the better fan base?

I understand where he's coming from though. At the very least you, Yoda, etc have been fun to talk to and be around during the series and banter with. Zedge is just fueled by pure venom in the most childish way possible right now.

Zedge comes off as tongue in cheekiness too me, you know he's not serious, it's called hyperbole. That's my take on it, don't know how he got under you's guys' skin so much to begin.

edit:

you know what the fun part is, this where we start to see all the flames flags and jersey' come out of the wood work here in BC, so please, you tell me who's the better fan base?

Can't call someone out for being classless whilst being classless yourself.

IDGAF about bandwagon fans, Canadians will bandwagon any Canadian team in the playoffs.

zedge

wow, could you make yourself look anymore hypocritical. But I guess that's to expected when you're a flames fan. I'll remember that when Anaheim wipes the fucking floor with your team.

lol you must be new here.. Piss off back to where you came from.

I understand where he's coming from though. At the very least you, Yoda, etc have been fun to talk to and be around during the series and banter with. Zedge is just fueled by pure venom in the most childish way possible right now.

I get called an animal fucker for crying out loud. Among other stupid garbage and try to ignore it. Ive played along with the Furry garbage for over two years now also. Give me a break. If you cant take it don't dish it out.

zedge

canucks/vancouver gaf, prepare yourself for an onslaught of bandwagon jumpers.

At least we can sell out our games. Glad I wont see any Canuck flags here with all the ex pats living in Calgary waiting to make round two. Flames flags all over before game one even started.

Ducks/flames series will be fun.

gonna be tough against the comeback kids.

Hopefully Getzlaf is healthy, he seems to be injured still.

Ducks-age/Habs-age... CAKES time?

zroid

Banned
Ducks/flames series will be fun.

gonna be tough against the comeback kids.

Hopefully Getzlaf is healthy, he seems to be injured still.

Ducks-age/Habs-age... CAKES time?

what happens when both teams are comeback kids?

does no one score? are all the goals in the 3rd period?

10 OTs?

what happens when both teams are comeback kids?

does no one score? are all the goals in the 3rd period?

10 OTs?

The first two periods will be a battle to be the team with fewer goals.

Game will be cut to just the 3rd period now.

I thought we were losing game 4 because we had a lead going into the 3rd.

Good news though, we have Gibson practicing so he may return very soon. Do we use Wisniewski at all? Despres and Stoner have been pretty good.

edit:

Well, I mean, if we're talking in terms of self-preservation (for you guys), our fans, clearly. I mean, we don't riot and burn down cities when we lose, right? So there's that...

I think I'll stick around for a while just so I can sip up all that salt once anaheim gets a hold of your "precious" team.
I'll let you in on a secret... most of us expect to lose against Anaheim. The fact that we made the playoffs is gravy. The fact that we beat Vancouver is wonderful - we needed a bit of salt for the gravy.

zroid

Banned
Do we use Wisniewski at all? Despres and Stoner have been pretty good.

Despres has been super good (Rutherford is a moron)

Stoner? ...lol

iGstAvT.png

Stoner was what we needed against the physical jets. He also saved a goal in game 2. He was a surprise.

But by those stats I guess Stoner can sit and we can try Wiz with Vatanen

delta25

Banned
Well, I mean, if we're talking in terms of self-preservation (for you guys), our fans, clearly. I mean, we don't riot and burn down cities when we lose, right? So there's that...

oh for sure, but it would be great if flames "fans" stop pretending like they're the best of the best, in terms of loyalty and faith. It's funny, living in Calgary from 2001 to 2003 the only jersey' you ever saw in that city were either Edmonton, Vancouver or Toronto. I'd imagine somewhere buried in the back of zedges closet is an old moth infested NHL jersey that doesn't have a flaming C on it.

zedge

oh for sure, but it would be great if flames "fans" stop pretending like they're the best of the best, in terms of loyalty and faith. It's funny, living in Calgary from 2001 to 2003 the only jersey' you ever saw in that city were either Edmonton, Vancouver or Toronto. I'd imagine somewhere buried in the back of zedges closet is an old moth infested NHL jersey that doesn't have a flaming C on it.

Those were lean years, Seen plenty of jerseys back then still. And no, never owned another jersey, well except for United ones.

But I guess when you got nothing else out comes the "bandwagon" card. lol

Is that why you're angry? It's not horses, it's ducks.

J/K man, enjoy the series win :)

Birds give me the creeps to be honest. And thanks. :)

delta25

Banned
Those were lean years, Seen plenty of jerseys back then still. And no, never owned another jersey, well except for United ones.

But I guess when you got nothing else out comes the "bandwagon" card. lol

when it comes to Calgary fans, its just as good as a royal flush.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Wonder how many goals the Habs will score tomorrow. They have scored 4,3,2,1, and 0. So either one gets the repeat, or they get 5 ;P

Not I, sir.

I think what's been so polarizing about this group/team is that they've been literally degraded and laughed at along the way, and written off as a train wreck about to happen

Never have I seen the sports world write a successful team of so much, and it's purely because they challenge the analytics. I saw about 5 congratulatory Tweets tonight from the sports net guys, Pierre Lebrun etc... That read along the lines of "good team lots of heart, analytics is still important". Just disgusting, perhaps me being a fan of this team makes me think analytics are a bunch of horseshit or it's the 50/50 degree of accuracy and meaning from all of zroids paste jobs.

oh for sure, but it would be great if flames "fans" stop pretending like they're the best of the best, in terms of loyalty and faith.

The true Flames fans know that the city isn't, actually in the season the went to the Final in 2004 they only had 3 sellouts during the regular season and I think they were all Oiler games.

I have a lot of friends with seasons tickets and even they are pissed off when playoff time comes around in Calgary. A big example is the harassment down at the mile.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Game will be cut to just the 3rd period now.

I thought we were losing game 4 because we had a lead going into the 3rd.

Good news though, we have Gibson practicing so he may return very soon. Do we use Wisniewski at all? Despres and Stoner have been pretty good.

Gotta keep Wiz in reserve as long as those two are performing. If one of them falls off or gets injured, we'll be glad he's there to step in at 100%.

delta25

Banned
The true Flames fans know that the city isn't, actually in the season the went to the Final in 2004 they only had 3 sellouts during the regular season and I think they were all Oiler games.

I have a lot of friends with seasons tickets and even they are pissed off when playoff time comes around in Calgary. A big example is the harassment down at the mile.

Edmonton, now that's a city that could teach everyone a thing or two about loyalty.

zroid

Banned
Never have I seen the sports world write a successful team of so much, and it's purely because they challenge the analytics. I saw about 5 congratulatory Tweets tonight from the sports net guys, Pierre Lebrun etc... That read along the lines of "good team lots of heart, analytics is still important". Just disgusting, perhaps me being a fan of this team makes me think analytics are a bunch of horseshit or it's the 50/50 degree of accuracy and meaning from all of zroids paste jobs.

calm down bro

no one is telling you you're wrong to like your team

but one incredible season by one team (which, by the way, happens almost every year to one team) doesn't disprove a decade+ worth of data.

is it so hard to understand that statistics are a measure of probabilities? it's not certainties.

I'm happy for you and other Flames fans. it's an awesome story. doesn't change anything.

Intelligent Flames fans who want long term success should enjoy the ride while understanding there are flaws in this roster with much to improve. that's all anyone is saying.

zedge

I'm sorry, what arena wasn't sold out prior to 2004?

You think this was unique to Calgary? Edmonton and Vancouver have had their fair share of sparse crowds over the years. Among many other NHL cities. After 10 years of no playoffs it was bound to happen. Thats 11 years ago now, been fine since, city has grown alot since then too.

I never claimed Flames fans are the best.

Every city has their bandwagon fans.

Whyte mile... :rolleyes

Edmonton, now that's a city that could teach everyone a thing or two about loyalty.

Sure good at throwing jerseys on the ice too.

delta25

Banned
You think this was unique to Calgary? Edmonton and Vancouver have had their fair share of sparse crowds over the years. After 10 years of no playoffs it was bound to happen. Thats 11 years ago now, been fine since, city has grown alot since then too.

So why bring up Vancouver' lack of faith in numbers towards their team as some kind of dig at me or canuck fans, when we both know Calgary fans are just as suspect.

zedge

So why bring up Vancouver' lack of faith in numbers towards their team as some kind of dig at me or canuck fans, when we both know Calgary fans are just as suspect.

You dug up the whole bandwagon thing, not me. And this was actual playoff games, a little different in my opinion.

Who are the goon pieces of shit on the ducks? I don't watch the ducks enough to know their depth.

Closest we have is Tim Jackman, maybe Stoner. Not true goons though. Anaheim only plays good honest hockey. Might not even play Jackman to start, could be Nate Thompson back at center and keeping Etem in but using Sekac for some speed and skill since it seems we're trying to adapt to the opponents.

delta25

Banned
Closest we have is Tim Jackman, maybe Stoner. Not true goons though. Anaheim only plays good honest hockey. Might not even play Jackman to start, could be Nate Thompson back at center and keeping Etem in but using Sekac for some speed and skill since it seems we're trying to adapt to the opponents.

oh come on now, lets be honest Perry ain't no saint

zedge

if I'm not mistaken you were the one that told me I should burn my city down.

And these are related? You didn't actually do it did you?

Jackman, that name is familiar. ;) Ducks are big and know how to throw their weight around. Our kids are gonna get hammered. Honda Centre is a graveyard for the Flames too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom