• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
calm down bro

no one is telling you you're wrong to like your team

but one incredible season by one team (which, by the way, happens almost every year to one team) doesn't disprove a decade+ worth of data.

is it so hard to understand that statistics are a measure of probabilities? it's not certainties.

I'm happy for you and other Flames fans. it's an awesome story. doesn't change anything.

Intelligent Flames fans who want long term success should enjoy the ride while understanding there are flaws in this roster with much to improve. that's all anyone is saying.

Oh I'm totally calm, I'm just saying it's totally ridiculous to see these pundits give congratulations while in the same sentence more or less writing the success off because it didn't align with their agenda.

Closest we have is Tim Jackman, maybe Stoner. Not true goons though. Anaheim only plays good honest hockey. Might not even play Jackman to start, could be Nate Thompson back at center and keeping Etem in but using Sekac for some speed and skill since it seems we're trying to adapt to the opponents.

Jackman was ours first ;)

I'm just wondering who bouma, bollig, and Ferland will start shit with. Perry is a shit, he's more of an instigator though. Man this series is gonna be fun.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Oh I'm totally calm, I'm just saying it's totally ridiculous to see these pundits give congratulations while in the same sentence more or less writing the success off because it didn't align with their agenda.

Terror is right. People have been telling specifically him that his team's performance is "unsustainable" since the season got going. I'd be sick of it too, if that same team of mine had pretty much cruised into the second round and people were still saying it.

I think the Ducks will take the series in 5, but it certainly won't be a shocker if the Flames take it. They're legit, and a great team, and they've proven it.

Socreges

Banned
Called the loss. Even when it was 3-0 I told everyone 'The Flames will chip away at this'. They were carrying the play and weren't letting up. And as with pretty much every game, the Home team seemed to have more punch.

Still crushing, though.

And no major moves will be made in the offseason. Despite this not being a team that can be tweaked into a serious competitor. Not anytime soon anyhow.

Also, fuck.... Flames-GAF is boring as shit. Nice guys (zedge and Terror, at least) but they turtle at the first glimpse of trash talk. Hope they can work on their game if their team is going to be sticking around...

zroid

Banned
Terror is right. People have been telling specifically him that his team's performance is "unsustainable" since the season got going. I'd be sick of it too, if that same team of mine had pretty much cruised into the second round and people were still saying it.

I think the Ducks will take the series in 5, but it certainly won't be a shocker if the Flames take it. They're legit, and a great team, and they've proven it.

Frankly the only reason it happens is because there's still so much opposition to analytics in the mainstream media. People who actually understand this stuff aren't losing their heads over upsets, because it's perfectly normal. If we could just get past the point where these things are debated constantly for no reason, then the talking heads wouldn't have to point out "but analytics are still important!" or "see, analytics are garbage!"

Hopefully in a couple years we'll be there.

zedge

do what? Partake in the riots, fuck no, I weeped for hours in the bathroom. Like I'm doing right now ;)

Rather that then jail. ;)

Called the loss. Even when it was 3-0 I told everyone 'The Flames will chip away at this'. They were carrying the play and weren't letting up. And as with pretty much every game, the Home team seemed to have more punch.

Still crushing, though.

And no major moves will be made in the offseason. Despite this not being a team that can be tweaked into a serious competitor. Not anytime soon anyhow.

Also, fuck.... Flames-GAF is boring as shit. Nice guys (zedge and Terror, at least) but they turtle at the first glimpse of trash talk. Hope they can work on their game if their team is going to be sticking around...

Well I let it all out at the end there. Kind of regret it now however. :( Thanks for the kind words.

Crazy that they dis it without Giordano.

I figured this would have killed our chances, glad I was wrong.

delta25

Banned

Still crushing, though.

all I could think about was why it couldn't have been LA. Fuck you kings, you didn't even beat us and I still hate your fucking guts.

Still crushing, though.

Kinda hard to make moves when your management staff is crippled by all those NTC's. Way to go, Gillis era.

Quick

Banned
is it so hard to understand that statistics are a measure of probabilities? it's not certainties.

THIS.

This is what some stats nerds need to read. I know stats guys who flip that around, and this doesn't just end with hockey. You have people who use data in general as a way to "predict" and it's just infuriating to hear them.

Zeeroid you son of a bitch.

Razorskin

----- ------
How did that end up?

I'm not exactly planning on confronting her about it or trying to get anything out of it.

My big issue is whether or not I tell my fiancee. We both work with the girl in question.

I remember a certain someone talking about threesomes.

loy4lFG.gif

I'm not sure why this is something you feel the need to hide from your fiancee?

Cuz they directly work together, the chick with the pictures used to have a big thing for me, and they have never gotten along at all. Idk how my fiancee would react at all.

Kind of just want to forget about finding it at all.

post the link obvs.

Lol no

I remember a certain someone talking about threesomes.

loy4lFG.gif

Hahaha I can safely say that would never, ever happen with the girl in question.

How did that end up?

I'm not exactly planning on confronting her about it or trying to get anything out of it.

My big issue is whether or not I tell my fiancee. We both work with the girl in question.

Hah the first thing I did was tell my wife, and she was like "lol I don't care" then I confronted the girl at work, and she was like "just don't tell anyone, or if you do make sure they aren't gonna spread it around cuz stalkers" because she was/is a name in that industry still sorta. So pretty good. I don't know what your tumblr girl is, if she's a cam girl or whatever, or just a model, probably sorta different scenarios. I would just probably not tell co workers unless they're good friends who you know won't start some shit, even then..

zedge

How did that end up?

I think I would keep that to myself. (Insert animal joke here). Something like that could go south very quickly. Someone's career or life should not be tarnished for some pics.

Shit, that's an awesome jersey. I can't bring myself to make a custom though, Id rather have a player, even then it's gotta be relevant after they leave to be worthwhile. So obviously this is a stealth pro blank sweater post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom