• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

In a terrible mood all day, so didn't really want to post at all, but glad as heck to see that win. Was only nervous about Halak standing on his head, the rest of the Islanders were playing with the intensity of a preseason game.

Good series Teethmummy and Isles-gaf whomever you are.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Caps and Minny for the Cup final. D:

I would've liked a NY vs NY series but the Isles have been iffy in th second part of the season whereas the Caps starting bringing it.

I guess the favourites have to be Chicago and the Rangers at this point.

ZeroGravity

Took getting to Game 7, but the salt is here.

I have never seen a more one-sided, hilariously biased, poorly officiated game than that one. Every single ticky-tack call went against Tampa, while the Red Wings get away practically murder the entire game. I guess it's not enough that they interfere with every player away from the puck, but now they had to throw blatant head-hunting into the mix as well. Watch Kronwall not even get a fine, much less a suspension, for such a massively illegal hit because 1) the NHL doesn't have the balls to suspend someone for a Game 7, and because 2) Kucherov was okay after the hit and that always seems to absolve dirty players from blame.

But even with everything in the world working against the Lightning tonight, they won DECISIVELY. I can't ever question the heart of this team again after that performance. Also huge props to Cooper for the insanely brilliant idea of throwing his lines into the blender every single shift early in the game to get away from Babcock's matchups and jump out into the lead. Almost enough to forgive him of his treatment of Drouin. Almost, but not quite.

TLDR Ref Wings can fuck right off, and TYLER FUCKING JOHNSON is now officially our franchise player.

That all said, I have no confidence Tampa wins Game 7.

Razorskin

----- ------
That Kronwall hit was dirty: https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CDo_5eSXIAA4Orr.mp4

fjFl85q.gif

Hope he gets suspended.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Legitimately surprised Subban even got a Norris nomination.

I have never seen a more one-sided, hilariously biased, poorly officiated game than that one. Every single ticky-tack call went against Tampa, while the Red Wings get away practically murder the entire game. I guess it's not enough that they interfere with every player away from the puck, but now they had to throw blatant head-hunting into the mix as well. Watch Kronwall not even get a fine, much less a suspension, for such a massively illegal hit because 1) the NHL doesn't have the balls to suspend someone for a Game 7, and because 2) Kucherov was okay after the hit and that always seems to absolve dirty players from blame.

But even with everything in the world working against the Lightning tonight, they won DECISIVELY. I can't ever question the heart of this team again after that performance. Also huge props to Cooper for the insanely brilliant idea of throwing his lines into the blender every single shift early in the game to get away from Babcock's matchups and jump out into the lead. Almost enough to forgive him of his treatment of Drouin. Almost, but not quite.

TLDR Ref Wings can fuck right off, and TYLER FUCKING JOHNSON is now officially our franchise player.

Took a couple of years, but there's the ZG salt. It's beautiful :')

That Kronwall hit was dirty: https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CDo_5eSXIAA4Orr.mp4

Hope he gets suspended.
Really dirty, can't wait to hear the NHL explain how it was a clean hockey play.

Congrats ShaneB and any silent/lurking members of Caps Gaf.

Thanks for all the good guys of NHL Gaf who lent their support.

That one's gonna sting for a long while. See you guys in Brooklyn.
TM :(

I expected more the Islanders, and really wanted Halak to go a couple rounds. Great season still.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Looking forward to spending some time in Barclays next year. The idea of a real cross-town version of the rivalry is really exciting, and your boys play a fun game these days.

:(

You can get them next year. Islanders had a great season. Out of the Teams in the east I was gonna root for you guys to the very end if the Habs didn't make it past the first round.

Mentok

Banned

That's the biggest problem I have with some of the officiating/disciplinary actions. It all comes down to IF the other player was hurt. As though taking multiple of those to the head has no long-term lasting effects. It was a dirty hit regardless of if there's an injury. You want those out of the game? Enforce it.

If this was the regular season, I bet they'd call that. But it's your typical "this is the playoffs" officiating.

wow wth how did this thread get to page 2 in the off topic community section.

anyways i was reading up on some ducks/flames preview articles and apparently based on comments getzy, perry, and kes somehow "too old" to hang with the younger, speedier flames. very funny if you ask me.

Calamari41

41 > 38

anyways i was reading up on some ducks/flames preview articles and apparently based on comments getzy, perry, and kes somehow "too old" to hang with the younger, speedier flames. very funny if you ask me.

Yup, Calgary is too fast for us to keep up, just like Winnipeg was too physical for us to last deep into the game.

Flames running scared, starting their #1 goalie. Pack it up, Calgary.

We haven't had a #1 all season. Hartley has run the hot goalie all season, typically in this instance Ramo wod get the start. I guess Hartley assumes Hiller must've earned it with his play against Vancouver as a whole. After all he was pulled after two, not like they ran the score up on him.

Calamari41

41 > 38
We haven't had a #1 all season. Hartley has run the hot goalie all season, typically in this instance Ramo wod get the start. I guess Hartley assumes Hiller must've earned it with his play against Vancouver as a whole. After all he was pulled after two, not like they ran the score up on him.

That is interesting, then. All things equal, I don't think I would start Hiller in this case. But we'll see how it works out. He'll probably do fine.

That is interesting, then. All things equal, I don't think I would start Hiller in this case. But we'll see how it works out. He'll probably do fine.

I think that for Hiller, personally, he has a lot he probably wants to prove to Boudreau, things didn't go down in the most favorable way when he was dethroned from #1 in Anaheim. This story line intrigues me, looking forward to our series quite a bit.

That Kronwall hit was dirty

When is this ever not the case?

HURRR KRONWALL'D

lmaooo, Johnny Hockey can suck a donkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom