• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best Kronwall hit ever was the one where Koivu did the Kronwall to Kronwall and Kronwall'd him, making oodles of Detroit fans say that Koivu's Kronwall was a dirty hit on Kronwall, otherwise known as...a Kronwall.

9uio4xp.0_standard_730.0.gif

It also led to the OT GWG

Oh yeah, and fuck the schedulers for making two central teams have at least two games this series start at 830. Beyond ridiculous.

you ever have such a good day that a devestating playoff loss doesn't even affect you?

yesterday i was pretty much like
VtCr6Ca.gif

but yeah, i'm not really liking the wings' chances in game 7. hopefully they find a way to pull off the upset.

I'm not very well versed in hockey but on that Kronwall hit it seemed pretty dirty to me with the leaving the feet and closeness to the head. I've seen a lot of hits from Kronwall where he does that, but rarely gets into fights which I feel like would happen in a lot of other sports. Is there a hockey etiquette thing I'm missing here?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not very well versed in hockey but on that Kronwall hit it seemed pretty dirty to me with the leaving the feet and closeness to the head. I've seen a lot of hits from Kronwall where he does that, but rarely gets into fights which I feel like would happen in a lot of other sports. Is there a hockey etiquette thing I'm missing here?

Actually, usually fights will happen after big hits in the regular season, dirty or not. I think everyone knows Kronwall and knows he's not dropping the gloves at this point though, so nobody challenges him.

It all depends on the players reputation, but you rarely see fights in the playoffs regardless.

Mentok

Banned
True but it's a blurry line between the two.

If someone gets hurt then they suspend is how it generally goes.

Agreed, but I guess my issue is that it is a blurry line when it shouldn't be. Like a "clean hit that causes injury becomes a penalty, when a malicious hit gets overlooked" blurry.

NHL fair justice system and all and yet some of you are happy about this but having nothing to say about that hit on Glenny which was obvious charge and hit to the head. Glad the NHL can come down so hard on these and turn a blind eye to others, really shows a great example the league has done to crack down on these terrible incidents. Whatever.

I really hope we spank them in front of their home* crowd tomorrow but I doubt that will happen unless the team has a huge fire lit underneath them.

*home crowd as in it's still packed with Wings fans everywhere.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Kronwall and DD have been shit all playoffs. Don't even care that he's out tomorrow. I'd put Kindl and Marchenko in and be happy about it. It's been bad line changes and stationary D which lead to a lot of Tampa's goals. Get them young legs in there!

NHL fair justice system and all and yet some of you are happy about this but having nothing to say about that hit on Glenny which was obvious charge and hit to the head. Glad the NHL can come down so hard on these and turn a blind eye to others, really shows a great example the league has done to crack down on these terrible incidents. Whatever.

I really hope we spank them in front of their home* crowd tomorrow but I doubt that will happen unless the team has a huge fire lit underneath them.

*home crowd as in it's still packed with Wings fans everywhere.

Yeah I was about to mention this. The Palat hit wasn't even looked at.

DOPS continues being inconsistent. No injury on the play. Is this Kronwall's first suspension? A playoff game is pretty significant if so.

Wait, so the suspension was based on the "force with which the hit was delivered"?!?!

Remember kids, don't hit anyone too hard now.

Yeah I was about to mention this. The Palat hit wasn't even looked at.

DOPS continues being inconsistent. No injury on the play. Is this Kronwall's first suspension? A playoff game is pretty significant if so.

First suspension I believe and that hit isn't even one of his most crushing hits that he has thrown which always has everyone up in arms no matter what.

Marvie_3

Banned
Holy shit. Never thought I'd see the day where Kronwall was suspended for something.

Oh yeah, and fuck the schedulers for making two central teams have at least two games this series start at 830. Beyond ridiculous.
Yeah these start times are bullshit. This isn't even a situation like a central team playing a pacific time zone team. There's no fucking reason to have these game start so late.

4lz8uLt.png

Therrien would've given him the Sekac treatment anyway.

Wow, we're actually going to have a Russian player on the Hawks? Been a long time time since that happened. Last one I can remember off the top of my head was Sergei Samsonov in like 2007ish. May have been a more recent one but I can't think of any.

With as inconsistent as the league is with doing something about most bad hits and how frequently Kronwall throws them I think most people are just happy a serial offender is finally on the league's radar. It doesn't say anything about consent with other players throwing bad hits, more like nothing being done about them is par for the fucking course. Any other day and this Kronwall hit would've been overlooked as well. Don't be so salty that your dirty fucking player finally got recognized for what he is Crazed.

With as inconsistent as the league is with doing something about most bad hits and how frequently Kronwall throws them I think most people are just happy a serial offender is finally on the league's radar. It doesn't say anything about consent with other players throwing bad hits, more like nothing being done about them is par for the fucking course. Any other day and this Kronwall hit would've been overlooked as well. Don't be so salty that your dirty fucking player finally got recognized for what he is Crazed.

Why should I even listen to you when you don't even know what you are talking about? Often? He hasn't actually thrown one of these "devastating" hits for at least a season and a half if not 2. He has made some half hearted attempts with him ending up easing up, but in terms of these "dirty" hits, it's been a pretty long time.

Do you know what, whatever, most of you believe he's dirty because some of your players have been dealt blows and are just pissed off for for whatever other reason, does he throw questionable hits, sure, but to the extent and as often as you think every Kronwall'd hit is dirty? No, not even close, but we can agree to disagree I guess. As far as I'm concerned my salt is pretty dang justified even if the hit on Glenny is just "par for the course" for the justice system.

Oh well. Absolutely no excuse for Tampa not to win game 7 now.

I don't have an issue with the suspension. Technically it is the right call with the new rules.

The inconsistency though...well that's never going to change. Deliberate attempts to injure still receive no suspensions in the playoffs.

Who was the last player to be suspended for a game 7? Usually you can practically kill someone in game 6 and get away with it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm happy to see real consequences for a dirty hit, but the Wings fans in this thread are justified in being pissed off about the inconsistency.

I mean, the league completely ignored the much more egregious Stoll-Vlasic hit (and I mean that in the organized crime context) last year, and we all know where the Kings went from that turning point.

I'm happy to see real consequences for a dirty hit, but the Wings fans in this thread are justified in being pissed off about the inconsistency.

I mean, the league completely ignored the much more egregious Stoll-Vlasic hit (and I mean that in the organized crime context) last year, and we all know where the Kings went from that turning point.

It's just amusing to me that anyone could think this group in general is alright with a shitty hit being overlooked as long as Kronwall gets punished. Rarely does anyone in here defend shitty hits or express happiness when nothing is done about them.

that was the turning point of the series for sure. then we witnessed classic shork chokes

Calamari41

41 > 38
Is that brutal in a good way or bad? Its on my to do list.. :D

It's very good. Incredibly realistic action, at least by comic book action standards. It's just pretty graphic for a TV show. Compound fractures, graphic impalings, realistic wounds, etc.

The fights are great. They have a real flow to them, and by the end everyone involved is clearly tired and struggling to finish it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom