• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, who died?

image.php

Razorskin

----- ------
Any Montrealers here get tickets to Game 1 tomorrow? They sell out basically immediately :(
Don't like the prices so I don't bother, I go to 1 or 2 regular season games a year and that's it. If the tickets were the same price as they are in Anaheim I'd buy some.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I haven't seen a single MSM guy pick the Habs in the next round yet. I'm okay with this, they don't need the pressure and they will most likely lose anyways.

Tampa has a lot more firepower than Ottawa though. Price essentially cannot let in 2 or more goals in any game with our anemic offense.
The one thing people keep forgetting to mention is Anderson had a. 972 save percentage in his games against us in the first round. They had a lot of good looks and I don't see Bishop replicating his performance.

Heretic

I'm so nervous I think I'm going to be sick...

If god is good, the conference finals will be Montreal vs New York Rangers and Minnesota vs Calgary. Then someone who hasn't won in a long time is guaranteed to win the Cup this year.

I'd wish for Montreal vs Washington (since Washington has never won a Cup ever) but Rangers are a surer pick for a Cup victory, and their drought is 20+ years already. Would love New York Rangers vs Minnesota for the Cup final... *salivates*
I thought we were buds, Monty!!! WE WENT THROUGH XBOX ONE LAUNCH HELL TOGETHER!!!

I'm pissed off at my other Windows bro Schuey too...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I gave up on buying tickets years ago, it's just ridiculous. The prices are absurd and scalpers are out of control

Ticket prices are INSANE here in NYC for this year's playoffs, too, even compared to usual. They were high all season long for the most part thanks to last year's Cup run, but things have gone really bananas now that we're in the postseason.

The get in price on StubHub right now for Saturday's game 2 is $215. That's last row in the 400s section at the very top of the West Balcony at one of the goal ends. Seats in my row in the upper bowl are currently listed for around $400. Face value is $168. For reference, face value for the Stanley Cup Final this season is $320. So we're talking prices that would still turn a profit if this was June.

Imagine if we had gotten the Islanders. :O

zroid

Banned
I think the Lightning vs Canadiens will be pretty close, regular season records don't usually get replicated in the playoffs. I said Bolts in 6 because I like their game a lot, but Price is definitely a wild card. Only reason I say 6 and not 7 is 'cause if they do go to 7 I think Price goes on lock down and wins it.

zedge

Only $70 to get a ticket for the Ducks games in this round. Advantages of being a small market team.
Jeeeezus!

People paying upwards of $600 a pair. I would love to go to a game but no way I'm paying that. I'd rather sit in a bar and blow a couple hundred. I do have my name in the lottery but nothing so far. Those would be face value I believe. It would be cheaper to fly down there and go to a game. :/

You should probably know better than this zedge.

It seems to work for yoda. :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, it looks like we're back to getting free t-shirts this round instead of the silly useless glowy wristbands from last round.

The bad news...

screenshot2015-04-30a1qum0.png

Xqf5Fvn.gif

Giggzy

It's part of the reason we're The Official Top Franchise In The NHL, and The Official Second Best Franchise In All Of Sports.

Lol. Don't forget The Official Top Franchise for Sportsmanship (We're Good Guys with Perry/Kesler)

Jeeeezus!

People paying upwards of $600 a pair. I would love to go to a game but no way I'm paying that. I'd rather sit in a bar and blow a couple hundred. I do have my name in the lottery but nothing so far. Those would be face value I believe. It would be cheaper to fly down there and go to a game. :/

It seems to work for yoda. :)

cheapest seats are 100$ in Montreal and there's NO WAY you'll get one at that price, scalpers buy them all before they're even out

How much are scalpers reselling them for in MTL? Scalpers here in OC are actually selling tickets tonight for $10 cheaper than retail through the Ducks, lol! $60 on 714tickets.

I've actually never been to California Adventure. It's like Knott's with more roller coasters for older kids or something right?

Kinda, there's one "real" roller coaster, it's hard to pick which park is better, but California adventure land is definitely worth a visit. They have cars land too, and I hate cars, but the land and that ride are both really cool.

zroid

Banned
I went to California Adventure once, like 12 years ago or something. It had just opened I believe

Most memorable part for me was the Sourdough Bread thing :lol

Calamari41

41 > 38
I went to California Adventure once, like 12 years ago or something. It had just opened I believe

Most memorable part for me was the Sourdough Bread thing :lol

California Adventure was straight up Eisner era garbage when it opened. There were maybe three or four rides, and the rest was shops and restaurants. So you were supposed to pay however much money (probably $70 at that time) for access to what amounted to an expansion of Downtown Disney.

It's much, much better now, though still only really worth it if you get a deal on a park hopper pass.

Knott's blows it out of the water, though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Welp...

Larry Brooks said:
The Rangers are being honest with their report Mats Zuccarello will be sidelined “indefinitely” in the wake of the injury the winger suffered last Friday.

But The Post has learned from several sources Zuccarello definitely will not be available for Round Two against the Capitals, which commences Thursday night at the Garden.

Beyond that, Zuccarello’s availability for a hypothetical Eastern Conference final, and indeed, the Stanley Cup final itself, is in doubt.

Not a huge surprise, but still not good.

zroid

Banned
California Adventure was straight up Eisner era garbage when it opened. There were maybe three or four rides, and the rest was shops and restaurants. So you were supposed to pay however much money (probably $70 at that time) for access to what amounted to an expansion of Downtown Disney.

It's much, much better now, though still only really worth it if you get a deal on a park hopper pass.

It seems like something I'd like more now that I'm an old fart. I still like rides but it's more the atmosphere and whimsy of Disney parks that I get the most enjoyment out of now.

California Adventures is alright. I get into Disneyland for free so I can't really comment on the value lol. I like it as it tends to be less crowded than Disneyland itself.

The Cars ride (Radiator Springs Racer) is probably the best amusement park ride I ever been on.

From what I heard California Adventures was supposed to be much bigger but the residents in Anaheim refused to allow it or something like that. So they ended up making this.

Knott's is better simply because it's cheaper and there's less waiting. When you go to Disneyland you spend most of your time waiting in line. If it's real hot and you have small kids with you it's outright miserable.

Calamari41

41 > 38
California Adventures is alright. I get into Disneyland for free so I can't really comment on the value lol. I like it as it tends to be less crowded than Disneyland itself.

The Cars ride (Radiator Springs Racer) is probably the best amusement park ride I ever been on.

From what I heard California Adventures was supposed to be much bigger but the residents in Anaheim refused to allow it or something like that. So they ended up making this.

Knott's is better simply because it's cheaper and there's less waiting. When you go to Disneyland you spend most of your time waiting in line. If it's real hot and you have small kids with you it's outright miserable.

One of the big things with Knott's that I realized after going to both parks hundreds of times is the shade. Disneyland has basically zero shade, while at Knott's you feel like you're practically in a forest. It makes a huge difference on your attitude!

Zroid is right though about the charm. The production values at Disneyland are off the charts.

One of the big things with Knott's that I realized after going to both parks hundreds of times is the shade. Disneyland has basically zero shade, while at Knott's you feel like you're practically in a forest. It makes a huge difference on your attitude!

Zroid is right though about the charm. The production values at Disneyland are off the charts.

Yeah that's true about the shade!

The production values wear off if you go there frequently. At the end of the day you end up going on only a few rides because you spent most of your time waiting.

The Boudin Sourdough in California Adventures is the shit, although you can get that anywhere in the LA area if you want.

Giggzy

I like California Adventure just because I can drink beer inside that park, and surprisingly, it's not that overpriced either. And they're nice handcrafted brews, not shit like Coors or Bud light.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah that's true about the shade!

The production values wear off if you go there frequently. At the end of the day you end up going on only a few rides because you spent most of your time waiting.

The Boudin Sourdough in California Adventures is the shit, although you can get that anywhere in the LA area if you want.

Yeah, it's the reason we would go to Knott's at least twice a week during summers growing up, and only go to Disneyland maybe three times per summer. There's just more to do at Knott's, especially for slightly older kids, and you have the time to do more of it. Plus... those funnel cakes...

There's a Boudin a couple of blocks from my house. I love it.

Heretic

Definitely hit up San Diego for carne asada fries. The best.

Kind of nervous for tonight, it's been a whole week since Anaheim has played a real game.

And Heretic: Windows 10 looks good.

Yes it does! I've been on the technical preview and it's been great. Been a bumpy road, obviously, but overall it's TONS better than Windows 8.1. I really hope Universal Apps take off. Then you can get a Windows Phone!

Yes it does! I've been on the technical preview and it's been great. Been a bumpy road, obviously, but overall it's TONS better than Windows 8.1. I really hope Universal Apps take off. Then you can get a Windows Phone!

CmzOG0Y.gif

I mean, maybe I will. It does look promising for more support. I actually use Windows for gaming and at work so why not if I can just fit everything into my OneDrive/Office/Bing lifestyle

Socreges

Banned
I mean, maybe I will. It does look promising for more support. I actually use Windows for gaming and at work so why not if I can just fit everything into my OneDrive/Office/Bing lifestyle
CmzOG0Y.gif

My current 'ecosystem set':

PC - Windows
Phone - Android
Tablet - iOS

They all actually play together very nicely.

I use 100 percent apple hardware, but I run windows primarily on my iMac, simply because multi monitor support and snapping is so useful for what I do on my desktop. I use OSX when I need to but primarily windows 10 technical now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom