• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentok

Banned
This has been my biggest issue with this season. We wasted another year of AGally's development at wing, when Bergevin has repeatedly said he's going to be a center long term, and for what? So DD can ride Patches coattails. Meanwhile AGally scored more goals in his 10 games at center than DD has in 100+ games. It's so frustrating.

Exactly! If Bergevin has a vision for his team, he better make sure Therrien is on the same page, or else find someone else who will (although it would also come down to who's available).

Before we start fixing the team. Let's start by fixing one Defenseman.

What's Eating Markov? What Happened?

Playoffs...Markov declined last year in the playoffs too (admittedly much further in the playoffs than first round). This year I think it just comes down to the pairings and who he's covering.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I don't know how many of you have instagram, but if you do it will show you what other accounts people are following and such. I follow Subban on it and he just started following this girl 5 minutes ago who happens to be from Tampa :lol :lol

http://i.instagram.com/tampadiamond/

Kill 'em PK

bad chemistry

I think they need to try him with Emelin

that commie synergy
They were a pairing for a while, and they were decent. That was until Emelin killed himself running into Lucic and hasn't recovered since. Komisarek 2.0.

Well, the second round matchups in the east are a disappointment. No Battle of New York and no Habs-Wings series. My eyes will be on the western conference this round.

East

Rangers VS. Pens: Rangers in 5 (Pens are lucky just to be here.)
Capitals VS. Islanders: Isles in 7 (Toss-up between two equally talented sides but giving the edge the NYI solely for the battle of New York to happen.)
Canadians VS. Senators: Sens in 7 (Even if I'm wrong and the Habs start playing more consistently, Ottawa isn't going down without a fight)
Lightning VS Red Wings: Lighting in 6 (Tampa's offence will be too much for Detroit as time goes on)

West

Ducks VS. Jets: Jets in 7 (This will go to the brink, and I think Winnipeg can better handle a do-or-die situation than the ducks personally.)
Canucks VS. Flames: Flames in 7 (Calgary's play have impressed me more than the Canucks' so far, I see this one also going to 7 games regardless of who win's)
Blues VS. Wild: Blues in 7 (Dubnyk has been hot since arriving to Minnesota but has zero experience in the playoffs. I think the Blues experience will give them the edge)
Predators VS. Blackhawks: Predators in 7 (Even if Kane returns for this round, Chicago has had more struggles near the end of the regular season than Nashville. Nashville also has the better goalie in Rinne.)

And I only got 3/8 series' right. Not good for my bracket at all.

Anyway my second round predictions.

Rangers Vs. Capitals: Rangers in 6 (Rangers are easily the better team here and I'm not rooting for the Caps for denying us the battle of New York)
Canadian VS. Lightning: Habs in 6 (This series may go down to goaltending and Price is the better goalie in this matchup)

Ducks VS. Flames: Ducks in 5 (Considering how the Ducks played against Winnipeg, this seems to be rather obvious.)
BlackHawks Vs. Wild: Wild in 7 (Chicago's goaltending is simply too inconsistent for a playoff push, and I feel Minnesota's defence can withstand the Hawks offence to win.)

So I don't know how many of you have instagram, but if you do it will show you what other accounts people are following and such. I follow Subban on it and he just started following this girl 5 minutes ago who happens to be from Tampa :lol :lol

http://i.instagram.com/tampadiamond/

Kill 'em PK

tumblr_llyznxRaCD1qi2esko1_500.gif

Flames would finally get the respect they deserve.

Nope. We won't ever. Even if we win the cup it will be written off as a fluke.

E: why isn't anyone posting?!?

My apple watch finally shows up tomorrow and our series is tomorrow and avengers is tomorrow. Tomorrow is a good day.

Nope. We won't ever. Even if we win the cup it will be written off as a fluke.

E: why isn't anyone posting?!?

My apple watch finally shows up tomorrow and our series is tomorrow and avengers is tomorrow. Tomorrow is a good day.

I'll be watching Avengers and missing most of the game, I'll watch the 3rd on my phone on the way home

Flames gonna get Duck poop all over them

Here are the new Commentators for Second Round

James Mirtle
‏@mirtlE

Broadcast for Round 2
MTL vs TB: Hughson, Simpson, Healy
ANA vs CGY: Romanuk, Johnson
NYR vs WSH: Randorf, Galley
CHI vs MIN: Cole, Millen

WE STILL GET HEALY?

Really?

Fuck.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's not going to be the same watching Ducks hockey without having Hayward getting salty at the refs and the clear goonery of the other team right along with me.

Ducks did a good job playing disciplined last round, I don't think that will change against Calgary. No wild goonery. They'll mock our cable providers and we'll fire back some hand sliced avocados.

Disneyland is only a place on TV and the movies. It's not real, like how the beaches aren't real, nor the sunny climate.

Jokes aside, the drought is too damn real.

It's not going to be the same watching Ducks hockey without having Hayward getting salty at the refs and the clear goonery of the other team right along with me.

We need more Hayward blaming the other team for our dirty hits.

Ducks did a good job playing disciplined last round, I don't think that will change against Calgary. No wild goonery. They'll mock our cable providers and we'll fire back some hand sliced avocados.

We're here to play good honest hockey.

If Flames start winning, we let Hiller ride the Tower of Terror at Disneyland and get his vertigo flaring up again.

Wait, it's Disneyland that has that one right? The Twilight Zone themed one? I shat myself on that as a child.

We need more Hayward blaming the other team for our dirty hits.

We're here to play good honest hockey.

If Flames start winning, we let Hiller ride the Tower of Terror at Disneyland and get his vertigo flaring up again.

Wait, it's Disneyland that has that one right? The Twilight Zone themed one? I shat myself on that as a child.

Yeah, California adventure land tho.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I've actually never been to California Adventure. It's like Knott's with more roller coasters for older kids or something right?

Now that you mention it, it is kind of a smaller (waaaaay smaller) version of Knott's. There are like eight total things to do there... It really should have just been another "land" in the main park. They have a toned down version of Bigfoot Rapids, though, which makes it all worth it.

Solo

Tampa in Round 2 terrifies me. I like our chances better against the Rangers, but unfortunately Habs have to beat Tampa to get that chance.

BUT Montreal has the best goalie on earth, so that'll keep things interesting. I see this as a 6-7 games series with the winner being a tossup.

Montresor

If god is good, the conference finals will be Montreal vs New York Rangers and Minnesota vs Calgary. Then someone who hasn't won in a long time is guaranteed to win the Cup this year.

I'd wish for Montreal vs Washington (since Washington has never won a Cup ever) but Rangers are a surer pick for a Cup victory, and their drought is 20+ years already. Would love New York Rangers vs Minnesota for the Cup final... *salivates*

Solo

I'm more concerned about the lack of scoring than anything else.

I'm not too scared about Tampa than I was About The Sens TBH.

Tampa has a lot more firepower than Ottawa though. Price essentially cannot let in 2 or more goals in any game with our anemic offense.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
All healthy Rangers on the ice this morning. Nobody was called up from Hartford after all, so the team only has extra defensemen at the moment, no extra forwards. Hunwick and Summers skating as the extra pair.

So looks like the lineup tonight is, as expected:

Nash-Brassard-St.Louis
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein

imBask

Banned
Tampa in Round 2 terrifies me. I like our chances better against the Rangers, but unfortunately Habs have to beat Tampa to get that chance.

BUT Montreal has the best goalie on earth, so that'll keep things interesting. I see this as a 6-7 games series with the winner being a tossup.

eh. last year we we're supposed to get DESTROYED by Tampa even without Bishop and we swept them

i'm not too worried, Price will save us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom