• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Easy guys, the Flames are thrown off by the fact that Alberta is voting in a new - gulp - left of centre party for the first time basically ever tonight.

I'm not sure how the rest of Canada will cope without Albertans able to call us commies and claim that 4+ decades of rule by one party is a good thing as long as that party hates taxes. I guess we'll get by somehow.

Majority NDP win for Alberta!! This night can only get better with a Flames win now. Fuck yea!!

I've got some bad news for you....

but woo NDP, at least

... boo C-51 though, fucking hell Harper -.-

Marvie_3

Banned
Easy guys, the Flames are thrown off by the fact that Alberta is voting in a new - gulp - left of centre party for the first time basically ever tonight.

I'm not sure how the rest of Canada will cope without Albertans able to call us commies and claim that 4+ decades of rule by one party is a good thing as long as that party hates taxes. I guess we'll get by somehow.

Old man Schuey isn't going to like all these commies and libruls having gay marriage and smoking drugs on his lawn!

Quick

Banned
Old man Schuey isn't going to like all these commies and libruls having gay marriage and smoking drugs on his lawn!

WCxk87K.jpg

calder

Look at this Jobbers Hockey Panel on Sportsnet holy Fuck

First rule of ex athletes in broadcasting - if they were actually really good they would have made enough money that they wouldn't need a shitty TV job after retirement. Shit, a sports network in Toronto needs a 12th grinder to fill out their third alternate TV panel, someone drive by a Home Depot parking lot and pick a couple up!

ahahaha Sekac Boss. You rock my sides.

Glad to see Canada is voting left. Is Harper on his way out? Please say yes.

Also Harper is literally less evil than the current Australian PM.

iLLmAtlc

First rule of ex athletes in broadcasting - if they were actually really good they would have made enough money that they wouldn't need a shitty TV job after retirement. Shit, a sports network in Toronto needs a 12th grinder to fill out their third alternate TV panel, someone drive by a Home Depot parking lot and pick a couple up!

To be fair the best players don't necessarily translate to the best coaches/explainers. I'm thinking Gretzky and there have been more examples that escape me.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
To be fair the best players don't necessarily translate to the best coaches/explainers. I'm thinking Gretzky and there have been more examples that escape me.
99% of hockey players have the personality of a telephone post as well. Hockey player type guys just don't lend themselves to media compared to athletes in other sports.

Smiley90

Not liking having the lead in the 3rd against Calgary. Comeback incoming.

Good god the flashing lights on that shot of Perry in the box.

The Flames box-light nearly gave me epilepsy during the first round, I noticed that too yeah. Who thought that was a good idea? :lol

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

"Alright guys, here's the system. You carry the puck around 4 guys, then when everyone is focused on you, you effortlessly toss a backhand saucer pass to the tape of your teammate that you looked at 5 seconds ago, you should know where he is heading at this point."

Smiley90

When's the last time a team swept in consecutive rounds?

Chicago and Pittsburgh won 11 consecutive games in 1992 , Montreal in 1993, so at least that. Probably happened with 8-10 consecutive wins in the meantime too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom