• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
1dIYLg0.jpg

It's not over yet!

VinFTW

Rangers looked pretty solid tonight, good discipline.

Tampa Bay is gonna struggle with such a strong playoff caliber team this series.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I appreciate the win Detroit, but I don't believe your game strategy will be successful long term. Just my 2 cents.

Mentok

Banned
All of Datsyuks bones and ligaments will be held together by copious amounts of tape and bubblegum.
Funny thing is he'd still play better than most players in the league lol.

I hope the SOG wasn't a part of Detroit's strategy, because I don't see that holding for them.

MRAZEK!!!

Wow, refs pretty much were trying to give Tampa the end there with 4 straight PP's (with that last one being pretty weak tap for a hook).

Who'd a thunk that Glenny would be the one to score a shorty as the game winner?

Team needs to play better though, 14 shots on goal will not win you many games especially when you give up 40+. Now to see if Mrazek can be consistent (something he has struggled with) and have another great game this weekend.

Shots are 46-14 Tampa. Detroit got steamrolled despite the score.

It's the playoffs, only thing that matters is the W.

Wings have a ton of issues that need to be addressed.

You can't survive giving Tampa that many PP's and shots and zone time.

Crazy to actually win but in reality they got entirely outplayed other than goaltending.

Erdrick

Just about time to start, Ducks.

It's an honour to play you guys as our first NHL playoff series in ages. Hope it's a good one.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Pretty impressed with how the pens came back in the 2nd and 3rd after a disastrous 1st period. MAF kept this game from being a complete joke and I like how he rebounded after the quick goals. Pens just don't have the player depth right now, especially on D to make this a series. Only chance they have is for Sid and Geno to go on a tear and take the series over, but I don't see that happening. I'll be impressed if they get one win.

ZeroGravity

Not particularly worried about the rest of the series. Some lapses in judgement and some really poor goaltending by Bishop (who'll bounce back, he always does), but overall the Lightning played well. Need to get more traffic and second chance opportunities, though, as the Wings were really good at taking those away. Lot of shots against Mrazek but not a ton of quality scoring chances.

If the Wings are counting on Mrazek winning them the series on his own, I don't see it happening.

Roenick ripping Hedman apart for that short-handed goal. That was some pathetically lazy shit.
Yeah, he just gave up on the play. I have no idea why.

Not particularly worried about the rest of the series. Some lapses in judgement and some really poor goaltending by Bishop (who'll bounce back, he always does), but overall the Lightning played well. Need to get more traffic and second chance opportunities, though, as the Wings were really good at taking those away. Lot of shots against Mrazek but not a ton of quality scoring chances.

If the Wings are counting on Mrazek winning them the series on his own, I don't see it happening.

Yeah, he just gave up on the play. I have no idea why.

We still aren't going to win, I'm just happy we won't be swept, team played pretty bad, we just go lucky that Bishop played worse than what we did.

Geez, Pavelec wiped out in warm ups, Ladd not paying attention.

Pavelec going into this series on a hot streak. Going to be tough to beat the best goalie in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom