• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Tough call imo, Kesler shoved him into the net, but the goalie couldn't even physically get his leg over to the post.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Total horse shit goal. Someone get on their knees and hold Pavelec's leg down.

Kessler pushed wheeler into the net and got out of the way last moment, also the ref noticed this as soon as it went in ref called it a good goal and pointed to kessler and said he pushed him in

Calamari41

41 > 38
Would wheeler have been in the net if Kesler didn't push him in? How does wheeler get out of the way and out of the net then without disturbing the goal-tender

So if a player gets pushed into the net, they can just flop on top of the goalie and stay there until the puck goes in? Come on.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So if a player gets pushed into the net, they can just flop on top of the goalie and stay there until the puck goes in? Come on.

I don't think it was quite that dramatic. He was on his way out of the net, his leg just happened to be in the same place Andersen was trying to stretch his leg out to.

TheStruggler

dont push another player into your goaltender/ or in the net, self-inflicted wound. You expect wheeler to stay in there?

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't think it was quite that dramatic. He was on his way out of the net, his leg just happened to be in the same place Andersen was trying to stretch his leg out to.

I'm taking the reasoning for allowing the goal to its logical conclusion. If the rule is that you can do whatever you feel like doing while trying to get out of the net, then I guess that's the rule.

dont push another player into your goaltender/ or in the net, self-inflicted wound. You expect wheeler to stay in there?

Honestly, I expect the refs to look at the player with his foot on the goalie's leg 2+ seconds after being pushed into the net and take that into consideration.

But it's moot, you're right. If the Ducks can't come back from being down 1-0 then they weren't going to win this anyway, nor will they have deserved to.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm taking the reasoning for allowing the goal to its logical conclusion. If the rule is that you can do whatever you feel like doing whole trying to get out of the net, then I guess that's the rule.

I think the rule is that you must make an effort to get out of the way, and he was. Stafford didn't stop at any point, he got up right away and tried getting out of the crease. We need the gif here, he didn't intentionally interfere.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I think the rule is that you must make an effort to get out of the way, and he was. Stafford didn't stop at any point, he got up right away and tried getting out of the crease. We need the gif here, he didn't intentionally interfere.

I don't have a gif, but they just showed it from behind. He kicks Andersen's leg, it flies out to the right.

Ursn

Shitty goal and I thought we might get out of that 2nd period unscathed. Oh well, time for a great 3rd period! Ducks can do it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
trying to get out of the way because he was pushed into the net

Andersen's leg hits his foot, and he lifts his foot and throws Andersen's leg away in the opposite direction. If you're allowed to do that you're allowed to do that, but it doesn't seem right to me.

TheStruggler

Andersen's leg hits his foot, and he lifts his foot and throws Andersen's leg away in the opposite direction. If you're allowed to do that you're allowed to do that, but it doesn't seem right to me.

who pushed him into the net, also maybe then when a player goes into the net the ref should call the play dead

Calamari41

41 > 38
who pushed him into the net, also maybe then when a player goes into the net the ref should call the play dead

I don't want to go back and forth on this all night, but I would imagine that a player is still responsible for his actions after he is pushed into the net and is in control of his body again.

TheStruggler

I don't want to go back and forth on this all night, but I would imagine that a player is still responsible for his actions after he is pushed into the net and is in control of his body again.

yes and he got out as fast and careful as he could, nudges are going to happen

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I think you're looking at this one through ducks coloured glasses. As soon as Stafford had control again the first thing he did was get out of the net, he didn't pause for even a second. Not fair to Andersen either way, but it wasn't Stafford's fault.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Man, I know the NHL marketing is some weak stuff, but these promos for the NBA playoffs are some cornball shit. They even dragged Common down into it, looks like some shit from the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom