• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindro

BGtAL7PCIAEhu3A.jpg

Cindro

That was Chicago's best shift of the series! Such a great game. I should have spent the $180 to get a nosebleed ticket.

Marvie_3

Banned
Man Marvie - why are you so jaded? The Hawks are still one of the best teams in the league, even when they're having off nights.

Because the Hawks have been pretty crappy for a good chunk of the last 3+ months? Doesn't mean they aren't still a good team. Just means that they haven't had many good games in the last half of the season.

Cindro

I don't know who Bill Wirtz is and I've yet to mentally comprehend the significance of the corsi stat.

Marvie - it seems like you've been tearing on the Hawks for a lot longer than three months (I've watched this thread far before my account was approved). I understand fans are the most critical when it comes to things they love, though. I'm just wondering how many seasons it will take for me to get to that level of constant dissatisfaction :p

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't know who Bill Wirtz is and I've yet to mentally comprehend the significance of the corsi stat.

Marvie - it seems like you've been tearing on the Hawks for a lot longer than three months (I've watched this thread far before my account was approved). I understand fans are the most critical when it comes to things they love, though. I'm just wondering how many seasons it will take for me to get to that level of constant dissatisfaction :p

Used to own the Blackhawks. Now his son Rocky does. The reception Hawks fans gave him at a memorial before a game will tell you all you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEHxmxXDhhM

Shouldn't take long. Especially if Quenneville is back next year.

Cindro

Used to own the Blackhawks. Now his son Rocky does. The reception Hawks fans gave him at a memorial before a game will tell you all you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEHxmxXDhhM
Hahahaha! Oh man - how could he have been terrible enough to deserve that level of reaction? I will need to do some further reading.

"Please join me in a moment of silence"

*no silence given*

Amazing.

Shouldn't take long. Especially if Quenneville is back next year.
Quenn better be back. I'm nowhere near ready to jump off of the Coach Q train.

Hieberrr

I'm sort of new to hockey, but can someone explain the playoff format to me? I thought the highest seeds play against the lowest seeds. Why are Vancouver and Calgary playing against each other?

Quenn better be back. I'm nowhere near ready to jump off of the Coach Q train.

I think the problem they'll have next year is that they have to shed salary this offseason to get under the cap, which means playing rookies and still developing players. Coach Q seems to heavily favor veterans so I'm worried he'll overuse some of our veterans next year and not let the talent develop.

But thats just me

zroid

Banned
I'm sort of new to hockey, but can someone explain the playoff format to me? I thought the highest seeds play against the lowest seeds. Why are Vancouver and Calgary playing against each other?

matchups are divisional

2 seed VS 3 seed in each division

1 seeds VS wild cards in their conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom