• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

Thunderbolts of lightning, very very frightening me!

tumblr_m9hbtl08Jn1qd6vaso6_r1_400.gif

waynegarthhawks600.jpg

GAME ON!

Cindro

Do the main characters actually wear Blackhawk jerseys in Wayne's World? I've never seen it! I've always assumed the comedy wouldn't hold up well watching it for the first time in 201X, especially since the quotes from the film have been run into the ground my whole life. I might check it out though if there's some Hawks fandom going on.

You've literally forgotten the "game on/car" scene?

Wow.

And I bet you forgot about Stan Mikitas Donuts too.

Also Waynes World ages very well. Even Waynes World 2 does.

Do the main characters actually wear Blackhawk jerseys in Wayne's World? I've never seen it! I've always assumed the comedy wouldn't hold up well watching it for the first time in 201X, especially since the quotes from the film have been run into the ground my whole life. I might check it out though if there's some Hawks fandom going on.

Wayne's World is a cable access show from Aurora, Illinois

Shwing!

Even Q was fucking masterful on getting the right guys out at the right times tonight.].

And this is how I know Marvie is Drunk
j/k

on a another note; I know I'm really late to this because I was out and watching the game on my phone.

Great series Ducks-Gaf, pretty damn amazing to watch and I'm pretty sure years have been taken off of my life watching this series.

I think TB is going to be tough; but all we need are 4 more wins before the other guys

Calamari41

41 > 38
And this is how I know Marvie is Drunk
j/k

on a another note; I know I'm really late to this because I was out and watching the game on my phone.

Great series Ducks-Gaf, pretty damn amazing to watch and I'm pretty sure years have been taken off of my life watching this series.

I think TB is going to be tough; but all we need are 4 more wins before the other guys

The fact that I was literally unable to watch past game 2 is probably the only reason I'm not in the hospital.

zroid

Banned
Put "Kings vs Lightning" in the thread title and watch the flood of bandwagon Kings fans flood in to spew their caustic gloating with absolutely no awareness.

that would be funny for about 2 minutes, then we'd just have a bunch of Kings lifelongs in the thread for no reason :(

Montresor

I forgot that Tampa had home-ice advantage... surreal to think about, because Chicago seems like it's head and shoulders above the Lightning. Like someone else said, it's "Kings-esque" the way Chicago has rev'd it up in the playoffs.

I forgot that Tampa had home-ice advantage... surreal to think about, because Chicago seems like it's head and shoulders above the Lightning. Like someone else said, it's "Kings-esque" the way Chicago has rev'd it up in the playoffs.

I don't know if I'd say head and shoulders. We'll see how much chicago is worn down once the shorter rest game come since they look gassed defensively part way through the series. The extra day of rest seemed to really bail out their 4 defenseman strategy. You also have to remember all the insane saves Lundqvist made during the series that would have likely been goals against chicago since Crawford definitely isn't the goalie Lundqvist is.

I think you're really underestimating Tampa, especially their scoring talent to make it a close series. Their goaltender is worse but I wouldn't be surprised if they can outscore with the production from the triplets line alone. And that ignores Stamkos completely.

Let's take a quick look at scoring:

5iqaN6m.png

So we have Tampa with 5 players in top, One of the them being the best and this is after Toews had two goals last night so before this he would have been at the bottom but now you have it sandwiched as tampa, chicago, tampa, chicago, +3 tampa.

|OT| The Dallas Stars have eliminated the Anaheim Ducks

Trying to give kingslunk a heart attack? Lololol

People need offensive defensemen? Anaheim has quite a few of them on the roster plus Shea Theodore. We need a depth center and a defensive D

Wait a minute, New York could have drafted Cam Fowler but drafted Dylan McIlrath because he can fight?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to give kingslunk a heart attack? Lololol

People need offensive defensemen? Anaheim has quite a few of them on the roster plus Shea Theodore. We need a depth center and a defensive D

Wait a minute, New York could have drafted Cam Fowler but drafted Dylan McIlrath because he can fight?

Depth centre, and a defensive dman? Boy do I have a deal for you!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yyyyyyyyup.

And Vladimir Tarasenko. And Brock Nelson. And Evgeni Kuznetsov.

And Kevin Hayes. Well at least that worked out.

EDIT: Oh man, right on cue I went and saw what Brooks had to say in today's Post and, welp...

Rangers need a shakeup: someone who will hit back
The Rangers need to add a measure of size, strength and malevolence on the wing to wear down the opposition and score the dirty goals they didn’t manufacture enough of during the playoffs, though the emerging J.T. Miller has the physical attributes and the grit for the job, if encouraged to play to those strengths.
Vigneault has had no use for 22-year-old righty Dylan McIlrath — the 2010 first-rounder who is owed a qualifying offer, will no longer be exempt from waivers, whose game in the AHL has received mixed reviews, but who is of the very ilk the Blueshirts require.
Now, the Rangers will either have to use him or lose him. It would be ridiculous to lose McIlrath without seeing what he has to offer in a regular season that will mean less than ever (as long as they get into the playoffs).
If that means buying out the final year of Dan Boyle’s contract even though his over-35, $4.5 million cap hit would remain on the books if he is unwilling to waive his no-move or nobody will take him in a trade, then so be it.
OH BOY

Thanks, other than some terrible turnovers last nights Fowler has been great for Anaheim. Two-way shutdown D-man. Can't fight though.

So what is the difference between truculence and malevolence? Why does New York need this so bad?

Quick

Banned
Thanks, other than some terrible turnovers last nights Fowler has been great for Anaheim. Two-way shutdown D-man. Can't fight though.

So what is the difference between truculence and malevolence? Why does New York need this so bad?

Rangers are looking to cast a villain in their Broadway production of "2015 NHL Playoffs: The Musical".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

We were a fast, skilled, not-especially-physical team that was beaten by a fast, even more skilled, not-especially-physical team. Meanwhile, we beat the two teams that did try to beat us in these playoffs by playing gritty, heavy, physical games. So clearly we need MORE SIZE!

Besides that, Brooks wants to see what McIlrath can do in the regular season? He's played 3 NHL regular season games in the last two years. He's a -1 with 16 penalty minutes. In 3 games.

Here's the one and only game in which Dylan McIlrath played this regular season. See if you can figure out why that is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyRGH7HDs7s

"It's really part of a 7 phase plan. First we hit. Then we hit harder. Then we hit harder than that. And then when you think we couldn't possibly hit you again, we hit you 4 more times. Am I scary yet?" - Ryan Kesler

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't understand why professional athletes talk shit before big games. The only possible meaningful outcome is that it will make them look like a fool.

Kesler joined the wrong SoCal team if he wanted to win by hitting.

Don't worry about drinking your sorrow away Ducks-Gaf. I drank enough last night for all of us.

Top Bottom