• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

WOOOOHOO

duck.jpg

That was Classic Letterman last night I'm gonna miss him :/

God we lost Colbert,Jon Stewart,Ferguson and letterman this year. Late Night is never gonna be the same

So weird that Conan O Brien is now the 'oldest' host in late night.

Hopefully Colbert is good.

Caught Corden after Letterman last night, not impressed. Sounded like he was yelling at me with an accent.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fuck Quenneville. Pure coaching loss. Finally gets to control the matchups and what does this stupid fuck do? Bench two players that actually contribute for two fucking worthless pieces of shit and in the process tear up the bottom two lines, which had been arguably the Hawks two most effective lines in the series.

Fuck Quenneville. Pure coaching loss. Finally gets to control the matchups and what does this stupid fuck do? Bench two players that actually contribute for two fucking worthless pieces of shit and in the process tear up the bottom two lines, which had been arguably the Hawks two most effective lines in the series.

It doesn't make sense.

Why Versteeg over the super steady Teravainen???

I thought you had to play poorly to lose a job???

I've actually been somewhat impressed by Boudreau not panicking and sticking with the D pairings and making sensible lineup changes depending on the opponent.

Surprised he didn't change goalies

Marvie_3

Banned
It doesn't make sense.

Why Versteeg over the super steady Teravainen???

I thought you had to play poorly to lose a job???

I don't care if the Hawks somehow manage to get back in this series and go on to win the Cup this year, I want him gone. I'm so fucking sick of seeing shit like this. The Hawks could have built upon the game 2 win but instead Q decides to cripple this team before the puck even drops. This is exactly why people who defend him with the "he won 2 Cups" argument have absolutely no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Other than Toews, our centers got killed on faceoffs. Genius idea to bench Vermette, our best faceoff guy.

Teravainen, who was actually contributing to good scoring chances and can hold his own on defense, gets benched for Versteeg, who is good at nothing except turning the puck over and/or falling down.

So now our 3rd line, which had been playing well, goes from Sharp/Vermette/Teuvo to Sharp/Shaw/Versteeg. Sharp is far more effective when he's out there with players that can create plays and set him up with good feeds, which Vermette and Teuvo had been doing. Now he's stuck with 2 guys who aren't good setup guys(Shaw) or completely useless offensively(Versteeg). Sharp/Vermette/Teuvo are also 3 solid players defensively. Shaw and Versteeg are not. At all.

Shaw, who was easily the best Hawks skater in game 2, gets bumped back to 3rd line center, where he is far less effective, which subsequently creates a big hole on our 4th line......which is where Nordstrom steps in. Nordstrom, who is not good at anything hockey related whatsoever yet is still one of Q's pets(much like Bollig and Handzus last year), wrecks the chemistry the 4th line had going, rendering Kruger/Desjardins pretty much useless. Nordstrom, also played just over 7 minutes yet was on the ice for both goals.

Thanks to Q, we went from having a bottom 6 that was playing really well, to having a bottom 6 that can't do anything.

I don't care if the Hawks somehow manage to get back in this series and go on to win the Cup this year, I want him gone. I'm so fucking sick of seeing shit like this. The Hawks could have built upon the game 2 win but instead Q decides to cripple this team before the puck even drops. This is exactly why people who defend him with the "he won 2 Cups" argument have absolutely no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Other than Toews, our centers got killed on faceoffs. Genius idea to bench Vermette, our best faceoff guy.

Teravainen, who was actually contributing to good scoring chances and can hold his own on defense, gets benched for Versteeg, who is good at nothing except turning the puck over and/or falling down.

So now our 3rd line, which had been playing well, goes from Sharp/Vermette/Teuvo to Sharp/Shaw/Versteeg. Sharp is far more effective when he's out there with players that can create plays and set him up with good feeds, which Vermette and Teuvo had been doing. Now he's stuck with 2 guys who aren't good setup guys(Shaw) or completely useless offensively(Versteeg). Sharp/Vermette/Teuvo are also 3 solid players defensively. Shaw and Versteeg are not. At all.

Shaw, who was easily the best Hawks skater in game 2, gets bumped back to 3rd line center, where he is far less effective, which subsequently creates a big hole on our 4th line......which is where Nordstrom steps in. Nordstrom, who is not good at anything hockey related whatsoever yet is still one of Q's pets(much like Bollig and Handzus last year), wrecks the chemistry the 4th line had going, rendering Kruger/Desjardins pretty much useless.

Thanks to Q, we went from having a bottom 6 that was playing really well, to having a bottom 6 that can't do anything.

Yeah, pretty spot on as usual.

My first thought when they said right before the game that Teuvo was out was "is he sick???" and I actually meant Teravainen:p

I thought he was playing very well, sometimes with his passes he even looked ahead of the game(high IQ player).

I never see him fuck up even if he's not making a difference which he often does.

At this stage of the game, they need smart play(don't care how young he is, they probably should have given him a chance way sooner than they did) not street play.

At least he'll in all likelihood play next game...I think:\

billeh

Shit loss, but they've been here before. Get TT and Vermette back in the lineup, save the world. Since Kruger hasn't taken any face-offs since the third in game 2, maybe let TT take his chances at the dot. Can't be any worse than the production we got today (sans Toews).

5 shots on 9 minutes and 18 fucking seconds of power play time (one of which being 4 minutes) is absolutely horrendous.

Shit loss, but they've been here before. Get TT and Vermette back in the lineup, save the world. Since Kruger hasn't taken any face-offs since the third in game 2, maybe let TT take his chances at the dot. Can't be any worse than the production we got today (sans Toews).

5 shots on 9 minutes and 18 fucking seconds of power play time (one of which being 4 minutes) is absolutely horrendous.

The Hawks are better shorthanded than on power plays.

I think they try to be too fancy rather than keeping it simple and working it to the top and getting shots on goal.

They try to get too cutesey with fancy low percentage passes right near the net.

High reward I guess but high risk.

billeh

The Hawks are better shorthanded than on power plays.

I think they try to be too fancy rather than keeping it simple and working it to the top and getting shots on goal.

They try to get too cutesey with fancy low percentage passes right near the net.

High reward I guess but high risk.
They need all sorts of asses in front of the net. That kind of strategy worked wonders for them in game 2, hell -- for both teams.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah, pretty spot on as usual.

My first thought when they said right before the game that Teuvo was out was "is he sick???" and I actually meant Teravainen:p

I thought he was playing very well, sometimes with his passes he even looked ahead of the game(high IQ player).

I never see him fuck up even if he's not making a difference which he often does.

At this stage of the game, they need smart play(don't care how young he is, they probably should have given him a chance way sooner than they did) not street play.

At least he'll in all likelihood play next game...I think:\
Both he and Vermette better play next game or this team is fucked. They aren't going to beat Anaheim with the shit lineup that was iced tonight and if they lose game 4 it's over. They aren't winning 3 straight against the Ducks.

It's pretty standard for them at this point though and this is another thing that comes back to coaching. There's no reason a team with this much talent offensively should have this bad of a power play.

Marvie_3

Banned
They need all sorts of asses in front of the net. That kind of strategy worked wonders for them in game 2, hell -- for both teams.

Yeah, looks like Andersen has a clean look at almost every shot.

This is why Bickell needs to be off the power play. He isn't doing shit and considering he's like 6'4, if he's not willing to go to the front of the net and set some screens, then there's no reason to have him out there.

Teravainen needs to get some looks on the PP too. A kid with that much talent could do wonders with a little extra open ice. Hell, get him and Kane both out there for the full 2 minutes and see what happens.

Shaw, who was easily the best Hawks skater in game 2, gets bumped back to 3rd line center, where he is far less effective, which subsequently creates a big hole on our 4th line......which is where Nordstrom steps in. Nordstrom, who is not good at anything hockey related whatsoever yet is still one of Q's pets(much like Bollig and Handzus last year), wrecks the chemistry the 4th line had going, rendering Kruger/Desjardins pretty much useless. Nordstrom, also played just over 7 minutes yet was on the ice for both goals.

The problem is you're right but will Q get any real criticism over this in Chicago or will they just meh he has two cups they'll figure it out.

Marvie_3

Banned
The problem is you're right but will Q get any real criticism over this in Chicago or will they just meh he has two cups they'll figure it out.

Hell no. There aren't any smart hockey guys on the radio in Chicago and none of the local writers have the balls to ask any critical questions.

I love Marvies Quinnie truth bombs. It's also funny because it's true. They had a good thing going in game 2 and now there is minimal pressure and turnovers a plenty.

That Perry takeaway in the 3rd summed it up perfectly.

That stoner compilation they aired on cbc wasn't pretty >_>

"Stoner plays and Wiz sits and why"
-Every Ducks fan

How spoiled are we when Stoner is our biggest complaint.

zroid

Banned
Maybe he scratched Teuvo because of the 6 period affair the other day. Decided it was better to let him have a break. Not saying it was a good idea but I can see a coach wanting to give the kid a chance to recover after such a grueling night.

Marvie_3

Banned
Maybe he scratched Teuvo because of the 6 period affair the other day. Decided it was better to let him have a break. Not saying it was a good idea but I can see a coach wanting to give the kid a chance to recover after such a grueling night.

Even if you're correct in your assumption that it was because he thought a young player might need to recover after that game, what the fuck was the point of scratching Vermette?

zroid

Banned
I just can't think of another plausible reason :lol

unless it was like, disciplinary, or something

Even if you're correct in your assumption that it was because he thought a young player might need to recover after that game, what the fuck was the point of scratching Vermette?

I dunno. But it's easier for me to rationalize scratching Vermette since he's not that great anyway. Teravainen is really good.

Marvie_3

Banned
I just can't think of another plausible reason :lol

unless it was like, disciplinary, or something

HEY FUCK YOU TEUVO YOU SIT YOUR ASS DOWN! I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU BEING ONE OF THE BETTER FORWARDS ON THE ICE AGAIN! WE HAVE ENOUGH CAP PROBLEMS AS IT IS!

I dunno. But it's easier for me to rationalize scratching Vermette since he's not that great anyway. Teravainen is really good.
Just gonna go out on a limb and assume you're looking into the stats a bit too much, but that line WITH Vermette has been very good. Maybe not points wise but they're getting their chances and playing well otherwise.

zroid

Banned
Just gonna go out on a limb and assume you're looking into the stats a bit too much, but that line WITH Vermette has been very good. Maybe not points wise but they're getting their chances and playing well otherwise.

Actually I wasn't, just basing that on his play during the reg season. :p

But since you mentioned it I went and checked the stats, and you're right, he's been pretty good in the playoffs

Nordstrom on the other hand... YIKES!

Marvie_3

Banned
I will say this, outside of his one flub in OT of Game 2, Cumiskey has played well. He played well at he beginning of the season and should have been on the roster all year but that's spilled milk at this point.

Actually I wasn't, just basing that on his play during the reg season. :p

But since you mentioned it I went and checked the stats, and you're right, he's been pretty good in the playoffs

Nordstrom on the other hand... YIKES!
It's too bad someone is going to overpay the shit out of Vermette because I'd love to bring him back.

Nordstrom, I've never been impressed with at any point. I said before, he's a less talented Kruger(which is saying something) and my opinion of him only drops with every game.

billeh

I will say this, outside of his one flub in OT of Game 2, Cumiskey has played well. He played well at he beginning of the season and should have been on the roster all year but that's spilled milk at this point.

It's too bad someone is going to overpay the shit out of Vermette because I'd love to bring him back.

Nordstrom, I've never been impressed with at any point. I said before, he's a less talented Kruger(which is saying something) and my opinion of him only drops with every game.
Imagine if *gasp* we were developing our deep defensive talent during the regular season instead of giving Roszival minutes. Man, that would've been sweet right about now.

Or GM of the Year Bob Murray. Seems to know what he is doing with GMing. Use the same reasoning with coaching and success will follow?

Seriously though Boudreau said the lines and pairings will stick before the playoffs started and he stuck with it. Of course when the team is winning it makes the decisions much easier.

zroid

Banned
Fun Fact about Vermette:

accounting for a bunch of different metrics like TOI, P/60, relCF%, etc.

his closest comparable in the league this year was
Tyler Bozak

I can't wait until the Ducks make the Finals and nobody will give a shit. This thread will be Ducks-age talking about hand-sliced Avocado while yelling MVPERRY then Heretic quotes us and goes WOOOOO!

Socreges

Banned
I can't wait until the Ducks make the Finals and nobody will give a shit. This thread will be Ducks-age talking about hand-sliced Avocado while yelling MVPERRY, Snap posting pictures of corkscrew penises, then Heretic quotes us and goes WOOOOO! We repeat this several times an hour every night until the thread is finally locked.
You sound pretty confident.

Well, yeah. Except we still have the good fortune of Marvie and Metatron posting.

You sound pretty confident.

This series was nearly 3-0. Damn right I'm confident.

Quinnie just needs to keep fucking up and mismanaging players. Blackhawks players need to burn out a bit more. Andersen and our depth need to keep up their consistancy, and no dumb penalties from us should happen. All things considered? Money in the bank.

Marvie_3

Banned
Well, yeah. Except we still have the good fortune of Marvie and Metatron posting.

This series was nearly 3-0. Damn right I'm confident.

Quinnie just needs to keep fucking up and mismanaging players. Blackhawks players need to burn out a bit more. Andersen and our depth need to keep up their consistancy, and no dumb penalties from us should happen. All things considered? Money in the bank.
And you should be. Outside of maybe 2 periods, Anaheim has outplayed Chicago in pretty much every way. If the roles were reversed, Id be completely happy about the series so far.

Now, as bad as the Hawks have been, this wont be the first time Chicago has needed to come back in a series. Not saying they will but theyre certainly capable of it.

Top Bottom