• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Confidence is so rare to see here.

Everyone is afraid to predict success because someone will Soc you if you lose and make you look like Tabris.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Raining%20Coins_zpsfe1oaphu.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
Interestingly I was just reading in the Register that ratings for this series are up compared to the Kings/Hawks series last year in the LA market, with game 2 significantly higher.

"Game 2 drew a 3.06 rating in the Los Angeles market, up from the 1.25 rating drawn by the Blackhawks and Kings in Game 2 of last year’s conference finals. Game 2 of the 2013 conference finals between the Kings and Blackhawks drew a 2.29 rating.

Game 1 of this series drew a 2.43 rating, up from identical 2.13 ratings in 2013 and 2014."

The Ducks are truly Southern California's team.

I'm in the unconfident wing of Ducks-age. Just because I don't want to be disappointed and Tabris'd. There's also Boudreau.

I still think Winnipeg is going to come back and win the series from two rounds ago. Because their arena is loud. Hiller will get his revenge and beat us.
Heck, I still have thoughts that Lehtonen will steal the series from last year because reasons.

Ducks do look good though.

zroid

Banned
Interestingly I was just reading in the Register that ratings for this series are up compared to the Kings/Hawks series last year in the LA market, with game 2 significantly higher.

"Game 2 drew a 3.06 rating in the Los Angeles market, up from the 1.25 rating drawn by the Blackhawks and Kings in Game 2 of last year’s conference finals. Game 2 of the 2013 conference finals between the Kings and Blackhawks drew a 2.29 rating.

Game 1 of this series drew a 2.43 rating, up from identical 2.13 ratings in 2013 and 2014."

The Ducks are truly Southern California's team.

I was going to make a joke about Kings fans being the only real LA area hockey fans since they'll watch the games even when the Kings aren't playing --- but that should get me incarcerated for life so I definitely won't joke about that!

Everyone is afraid to predict success because someone will Soc you if you lose and make you look like Tabris.

Tabris made confidence a dirty stigma around here. But I'm gonna put my finger up in the air and emphasise that the Ducks can, and will, finish this.

Said it once and I'll say it again - this could've easily been 3-0 at this point.

Now, as bad as the Hawks have been, this wont be the first time Chicago has needed to come back in a series. Not saying they will but theyre certainly capable of it.

Absolutely capable. That "fresh legs" approach may actually work for Q for next game! It's not impossible by any means.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That Depres trade.....having flashbacks to the day Forsberg was traded and everyone was all "WTF?"

:lol so true, I love it. Especially when you have a team playing as well as the Ducks, go all in.

Plenty of the reason people rarely predict their team winning is because there's a tonnnnnnn of superstition around here. Tabris' density was something to behold because it was funny as hell, but really what gives him the reputation he has is all of the terrible predictions he made in the seasons after.

Ducks fans have reason to be confident right now but it really fucking sucks when that gets turned on it's ear. I respect not playing it safe.

zroid

Banned
Blackhawks recall defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk

OHHHHHH here we go. He won't slot in as easily as a vet (considering he hasn't played an NHL game since the fall), but I can't see him being much worse than Kimmo at this point.

If he gets any playing time at all, it'll probably be Cumiskey sitting.

I thought he was still injured? He played really well when he was in the lineup, I'm sure he'll be fine. Better than the alternatives for sure.

billeh

I thought he was still injured? He played really well when he was in the lineup, I'm sure he'll be fine. Better than the alternatives for sure.
I knew he was recovering from a wrist surgery maybe a couple weeks before the playoffs, and from what I'm seeing he might need an additional two weeks recovery time. Might just be up here to skate.

Still.

CFnv38tW0AE7usP.jpg

Edit: Q says he's cleared to participate.

Socreges

Banned
This series was nearly 3-0. Damn right I'm confident.

Quinnie just needs to keep fucking up and mismanaging players. Blackhawks players need to burn out a bit more. Andersen and our depth need to keep up their consistancy, and no dumb penalties from us should happen. All things considered? Money in the bank.
Just to be clear, I edited your post for kicks and wanted to put something other than 'FTFY' or '.'.

Though yeah, I'm surprised at the absolute confidence. ie, the Ducks WILL win this series. When Chicago takes Game 4, please keep the same tone but without your patented ironic tone.

Socreges

Banned
Gary probably isn't that rattled because he's already seen ott/anh final
Ducks/Lightning would probably be more fun to watch than Hawks/Rangers. And I think it would be good for the less traditional markets. I'd say the NHL will accept any possible combination between the 4 teams.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rick Nash took the entire team out to see Entourage last night.

So I guess he's contributing something?

Meaningless stat time: the Rangers have won the 3 series in which they have trailed 2-1. 2015 vs. Washington, 2014 vs. Pittsburgh, 2013 vs. Washington.

ZeroGravity

The good news for tonight is that Matt Carle is out with an injury.

The bad news is that Cooper is putting in Mark Barberio as his replacement, who is just as bad (if not worse) and hasn't played a single game all playoffs.

zroid

Banned
The good news for tonight is that Matt Carle is out with an injury.

The bad news is that Cooper is putting in Mark Barberio as his replacement, who is just as bad (if not worse) and hasn't played a single game all playoffs.

you sure?

8pQ9AOil.jpg

I wonder how much better they'd be if Sustr were replaced with Barberio to start.

Marvie_3

Banned
Blackhawks recall defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk

OHHHHHH here we go. He won't slot in as easily as a vet (considering he hasn't played an NHL game since the fall), but I can't see him being much worse than Kimmo at this point.

If he gets any playing time at all, it'll probably be Cumiskey sitting.
TVR has been one of the few younger players that Tardville has trusted and he was playing top pairing with Keith before he got hurt but he's been injured for the last month+ and I think we'd both be surprised if he cracks the lineup.

If he does play, he should be playing in place of Timonen if he can go but you're right on it probably being Cumiskey that sits.

Wow

Such comeback

Much amazed.
thenks cack base oar mer favarit cack base in sopreemlee wasstid

Top Bottom