• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This period is going exactly as I expected. Bolts have confidence, Rangers can't really settle anything down, nothing can get in and really dangerous on Bishop.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How was that not a penalty on Boyle? About as blatant of a boarding as you're going to get

zroid

Banned
Easiest night of Bishops life. Has had to made maybe 1 tough save.

been a weird game, neither team getting that many shots off... feels like the Red Wings series again

all the other games in this series have been electric, even the first one, despite being low scoring

ZeroGravity

been a weird game, neither team getting that many shots off... feels like the Red Wings series again

all the other games in this series have been electric, even the first one, despite being low scoring
Hard to keep that level of pace over the course of a series.

Red_Man

Yea, Rangers really faltered when they couldn't get shots through in the first. Tampa doing the same as they did against us and just collapsing in the D zone, and capitalizing on the their offensive chances which makes sense considering how much fire power they have at the moment.

Merguson

Banned
I blame Larry David
iprkKmP.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I understand swallowing the whistles and all, but when both teams are just going to commit EXTREMELY BLATANT penalties to take away scoring chances because of it, I mean...

LJ11

Possession time has meant shit in this series.

I fucking hated the Yandle trade, hate his play since the acquisition, and he's a loathsome cunt to boot.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Garbage job of getting to the net tonight. Tampa did a good job of blocking lanes and jamming things up, but the effort over the last 40 minutes was pretty unacceptable.

By the way, that's the first time the Rangers have lost a Game 5, 6, or 7 on home ice since Game 5 of the 2012 Eastern Conference Final.

They then lost Game 6 and were eliminated.

LJ11

Very disappointing game. Rangers sucked.

I don't think they sucked, they kept TB in their own end for most of the game, lots of shot attempts. Tampa did a good job keeping the Rangers to the outside and blocking opportunities We played a high risk game to be honest, our D was super aggressive, and I think we got caught up a bit in the 2nd period. Glass and Staal made some stupid plays and the Lightning cashed in.

We've spent so much money and resources on D, but outside of McD and Boyle, I hate the fuck out of our D.

Snaku

Banned
I just realized if Tampa wins against Rangers. They would have defeated 3 of the Original Six Teams in the playoffs.

The sense of entitlement from "Original Six" fans always fills me with revulsion. Being a fan of Florida teams I experience this in nearly every professional sport, but not even Yankee or Red Sox fans are as loathsome. How dare you Florida team, with your not real fans, try and take an opportunity for another championship away from the hallowed teams of the north! Know your place and just roll over. It's the type of shit Barry spouts all the time, which made his brief tenure as the Bolts head coach entirely revolting.

manfestival

Good game my bolts. Glad I could watch this game away from home after the last one. Which was a huge let down. Man bishop was rough that game but he did good this time.

Quick

Banned
The sense of entitlement from "Original Six" fans always fills me with revulsion. Being a fan of Florida teams I experience this in nearly every professional sport, but not even Yankee or Red Sox fans are as loathsome. How dare you Florida team, with your not real fans, try and take an opportunity for another championship away from the hallowed teams of the north! Know your place and just roll over. It's the type of shit Barry spouts all the time, which made his brief tenure as the Bolts head coach entirely revolting.

Easy, Florida Team Fan.

I don't think entitlement is as prevalent as you think within Original Six teams' fanbases. I definitely don't hear "lol Florida teams are beta compared to the holy Original Six" all too often.

If anything, what you should be focusing your hate more on are idiots who think some small town in Manitoba or Nova Scotia could support an NHL team, purely based on "we invented the sport" or "Canada cares more about hockey than Americans."

What Original Six teams have is pride for its history, but don't assume that pride is a sense of entitlement.

Red_Man

Florida teams don't do themselves any favours when they restrict opposing fans from their buildings, regardless of what capacity it is in. That being said, I agree with you and think any "original 6 hoorah!" bullshit is stupid. I just want good teams playing good games, and any kind of exclusion only hurts the sport. I'm happy there's guys like Zero who can genuinely invest in the sport and in a team like Tampa, but it's also depressing seeing a team like the Panthers flounder when you know they could be placed in a market that would treat them with the respect they deserve. That's not Canadian or "original 6" elitism, it's just a general want of well being for the sport.

Edit: Quick makes a good point on a lot of it being pride of history (which is valid in any sport), and that not necessarily correlating with judgment on other teams.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Easy, Florida Team Fan.

I don't think entitlement is as prevalent as you think within Original Six teams' fanbases. I definitely don't hear "lol Florida teams are beta compared to the holy Original Six" all too often.

If anything, what you should be focusing your hate more on are idiots who think some small town in Manitoba or Nova Scotia could support an NHL team, purely based on "we invented the sport" or "Canada cares more about hockey than Americans."

What Original Six teams have is pride for its history, but don't assume that pride is a sense of entitlement.

I like the idea of Rangers fans being entitled to championships. We require at least one every half century, dammit!

Calamari41

41 > 38
My son asked me something hilarious the other day. So he over heard his mother and her soon-to-husband arguing about her being a giant baby because she hurt her back at work. She told him that she can handle pain because she had a (my last name) inside of her. She was talking about our son. Her BF thought she was bragging about my dick game and they got into a fight.

My son asked me "Dad when were you inside my mom?"

Lol, I don't blame the guy for taking it that way because I thought you were bragging about your dick with this story until you got to the explanation.

ZeroGravity

Stamkos, quietly, has now crept up to second in the playoff scoring race (tied with a bunch others) and is only a point behind Tyler Johnson.

I hope the Ducks win tomorrow! Go Ducks!

My plane lands about a half hour after the game starts, better be good news.

Hopefully Calamari had a blast. Costa Rica was fun. Rainy though.

Top Bottom