• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

Stasis

See Cally? That's what you do when you get a stick in the face. You put your hand to your face because it hurts, and you grimace. You don't have to pirouette your ballerina ass all over the place and cry on the floor to get a call.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers still not testing Bishop though unfortunately...

Lightning are just barely getting sticks or bodies back into the play at the last second. They're playing with fire but so far getting the job done.

The longer things stay as they are, the better for the Lightning. They only need one quick chance.

Stasis

Lightning are just barely getting sticks or bodies back into the play at the last second. They're playing with fire but so far getting the job done.

The longer things stay as they are, the better for the Lightning. They only need one quick chance.

Exactly this. Love the way we're playing, but it's scary at the same time.

We need so many chances to make something happen. Lightning don't. If we don't capitalize soon it can turn ugly for us real quick.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's pretty amusing how dominant Tampa can be and yet they've been mediocre for most of the playoffs. Wonder what it is that triggers the difference in them, it almost seems random.

Stasis

It's pretty amusing how dominant Tampa can be and yet they've been mediocre for most of the playoffs. Wonder what it is that triggers the difference in them, it almost seems random.

I feel like it's just lack of experience. Once they've been to the dance a few times I expect we'll see more consistency. Gonna be a dangerous team for a long time to come.

Red_Man

I feel like it's just lack of experience. Once they've been to the dance a few times I expect we'll see more consistency. Gonna be a dangerous team for a long time to come.
They'll definitely be a serious threat for years to come, it's just curious how big the gap is in their play from game to game, because when they're on, they're on.

ZeroGravity

Now it's starting to feel like game 6 against Detroit. Shit ton of penalties against us, won't call anything on them, and our PK saving us.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We're not getting second chances. Every time there is a shot, it's one shot and out. We've scored so many in this series off of rebounds and weird bounces, and we're not getting to those pucks tonight.

billeh

Saw this gem earlier: “No human can withstand that many hits,” Kesler said.

Said the Bruins, Flyers, Blues, Vancouver, LA ...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
See, in game 4, the rebound on that Klein shot is a goal. Here it's calmly turned back by the Lightning.

And then that happens. There you go.

Red_Man

How often Stamkos can get behind other teams defense knowing that teams plan their play around him is a testament to how talented he really is

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That second goal was huge. At 1-0, I think it's no big deal for us to come back and get one back and likely win it. At 2-0, though, with the missed chances we've had tonight, I think the team will be gripping sticks and trying to force things that aren't there.

This game likely ends 3-0. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Top Bottom