• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

Calamari41

41 > 38
There's nothing wrong with singing the anthem before a game... If nothing else, it's a perfect transition from everyone wandering around and talking to everyone focusing on the ice/field/etc. It's like the curtain being drawn at showtime.

calder

The constant, grinding SN/HNIC bullshit about the 94 Rangers has me actively cheering against the team now. Go Bolts!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's just breakouts and cycling up and down the ice. This series is going to be fun.

Also, no Brian Boyle is huge.

A bit of homework for you guys during the intermission, if you could please.

Anyone able to provide some info or clarity on an argument that my housemate and I are having?

"Guy Boucher was the main reason why the Bolts had their 2011 ECF run"

I'm arguing for, he's against.

We both rarely watched the Bolts during 2011.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Playing the Caps and Pens taught us how to play big while still playing our speed game.

Feels like lots of space for us out there, not so much for Tampa.

calder

It also means by default you now support the 1994 Vancouver Canucks.

I'm sorry you had to hear it from me.

Download-File

NBC hadn't said word one about it (or anything like it for any team, really) all playoffs, so I'm feeling pretty lucky.
HNIC is always a little old fashioned and loves looking back, largely because they've been around forever and have a long institutional memory, so it can be a little annoying when they constantly stroll down memory lane. But SN has Kypreos and fucking Healy around so they can't go 5 goddamn minutes without asking Kipper for another Messier story or some such bullshit. It's agonizing.

When the Rangers scored the tying goal against the Caps in game seven the commentator (I think Galley?) literally mentioned the 94 Rangers in his first sentence. Just awful and lazy.

ZeroGravity

A bit of homework for you guys during the intermission, if you could please.

Anyone able to provide some info or clarity on an argument that my housemate and I are having?

"Guy Boucher was the main reason why the Bolts had their 2011 ECF run"

I'm arguing for, he's against.

We both rarely watched the Bolts during 2011.
I would argue Roloson was the bigger reason.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Do the Rangers have the same problem the Ducks have had where they dominate possession like this, fail to score, and then allow a shitty goal against on a random turnover? Because watching this game is giving me flashbacks.

I would argue Roloson was the bigger reason.

He was citing fantastic offense from St Louis, Stamkos and Rolosons performance for playoff success.

I guess he's right.

EDIT: He said he wants to buy you a beer.

Do the Rangers have the same problem the Ducks have had where they dominate possession like this, fail to score, and then allow a shitty goal against on a random turnover? Because watching this game is giving me flashbacks.

They're just doing that to appeal to the Western viewer demographic.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh sweet, a viewing party for Game 3 in Bryant Park a la last year's SCF.

Sure do!

RangersFan

You just described every Rangers loss this season. I almost feel better when the cede possession and just score goals via their transition game.

Ok please sort out another argument we're having:

Has anyone ever heard an organ player play Iron Butterflys "In a gadda da vida" during a stoppage in play?

Some people reporting that they have eashl but no more attribute customization and they have set builds. That blows if true, a big part of the fun is figuring out the best way to build your character IMO.

Seriously, how the fuck do they take a step backwards and then take two years to still not fix it?

Embarrassing.

Stasis

Pretty much all Rangers there, but as mentioned many times... can't fucking finish.

Then we get scored on, lose 2-1, and get called a boring team.

Fuuuuuuuuu.

YES +1 TO ME WOOO

Oh dude while I have your attention, can you please wear the C for Ducks-age for Game 1? Just checked the roster for the week and I'm on late shift at work, if I watch live then I have to be running on 2 hours of sleep. Hate watching this delayed but it's my only choice.

Top Bottom