• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

I heard Charlize Theron's character makes Max hold her purse in Fury Road. Will not be watching.

ivpgeMeI0XUHF_zpspdjmtyhi.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Boyle is on the ice today at practice. Tanner Glass and Mats Zuccarello are not.

Ryan Bourque is skating in Glass' spot on the 4th line.

Nash-Brassard-St.Louis
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Hagelin-Moore-Hayes
Bourque-Sheppard-Miller

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just going to leave this here...
Kevin DeLury ‏@kevindelury 22m 22 minutes ago

In the 7 games vs. the Caps, Tanner Glass had a 51.7% Corsi For despite starting in the offensive zone just 15% of the time. #corsiallstar

Suuuure he does. Against Kesler in the playoffs:

Toews : 19GP 7G 13A 20P
Kane: 19GP 10G 12A 22P

Not what I'd call shutting them down.

Hey, just because I said he knows how doesn't mean he can.

(lol, I'm literally just recycling blog garbage. Apparently his experience against Chicago as a two-way is accumulative while he has an XP boost activated, should be levelling up anytime soon. rite?)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marty... woof
Yup, Marty has been garbage in these playoffs, and really for most of the second half of the year. He had a pretty strong October and November but then faded away.

I know he doesn't want to be done, but I think he may be done. He and Zuccarello are the same size, but the difference is that Zucc can push people around while Marty gets pushed around now. That's why one is at the very top of that list (even if it is admittedly a small sample size) and the other is at the bottom. Very realistic possibility that that round with the Caps ends significantly sooner if Zucc is playing on that top line instead of Marty.

The good news is that the style matchup with the Lightning should open up more ice for a guy like MSL to use compared to either of the first two rounds.

Damn, Holtby fucked up there. Definitely could have saved that had he stayed on his feet.
That goal was much more like the Braden Holtby I remember from previous years. Going down too quickly, overcommitting to one angle leaving himself vulnerable to an unexpected change of direction, wide open net. It's an aspect of his game he really tightened up this season, so you know he's kicking himself that one lapse ended up killing them.

Hey, just because I said he knows how doesn't mean he can.

(lol, I'm literally just recycling blog garbage. Apparently his experience against Chicago as a two-way is accumulative while he has an XP boost activated, should be levelling up anytime soon. rite?)

Anaheim is honored just to be playing Chicago.

Revenant

Damn, Holtby fucked up there. Definitely could have saved that had he stayed on his feet.

Not sure he really had an initial view of that shot, thinks it's gonna pop out glove side only to find, trys to track it only to find a gift on Stepans stick, I mean I guess you could argue him falling on his butt was a mistake, but I attribute that to losing sight of the puck and not being able to track it properly.

Socreges

Banned
Not sure he really had an initial view of that shot, thinks it's gonna pop out glove side only to find, trys to track it only to find a gift on Stepans stick, I mean I guess you could argue him falling on his butt was a mistake, but I attribute that to losing sight of the puck and not being able to track it properly.
I'll downgrade 'fuck up' to 'mistake'. I understand why it happened, but ideally he would have gone down in such a way that he'd be able to quickly pop back up onto his skates. Instead he fell onto his butt...

Giggzy

I bought and played NHL 15 last year. It was the first hockey game I have played since Wayne Gretzsky hockey on the N64. I was pretty disappointed. The actual game mechanics are pretty enjoyable and fun, but everything else is horrible. I can't stand menu lag like this game has. As well as the game not allowing me to play past one full season.

FIFA will stay as my one and only sports game.

I bought and played NHL 15 last year. It was the first hockey game I have played since Wayne Gretzsky hockey on the N64. I was pretty disappointed. The actual game mechanics are pretty enjoyable and fun, but everything else is horrible. I can't stand menu lag like this game has. As well as the game not allowing me to play past one full season.

FIFA will stay as my one and only sports game.

This post makes no sense...the game is fun and enjoyable, yet menu lag holds it back from being a good game...gamers AMIRITE?

You know there are game modes like GM mode right?

That take place entirely in those stupid menus.

That's true, I forget those exist. The simulation modes are always laggy messes though, even Fifa, hell, especially[/] Fifa.

The only thing that sucks about NHL15 is the fact that they cut out EASHL.

ZeroGravity

Lightning lines are practice today:

Killorn - Filppula - Stamkos
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Morrow - Boyle - Brown
Marchessault - Paquette - Callahan

Callahan's a game-time decision tomorrow, which in Cooper terms means he'll be in.

iLLmAtlc

Some people reporting that they have eashl but no more attribute customization and they have set builds. That blows if true, a big part of the fun is figuring out the best way to build your character IMO.

Top Bottom