• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

ZeroGravity

Tampa has lost 4-0, 6-2, 5-1, and 6-2* at home during the playoffs. They were the best team at home in the regular season.

*(so far in this game)
They also had the worst road record of any team who made the playoffs, and they're 6-3.

The playoffs rarely make any sense.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rick Nash came into this season on a mission seeking redemption from last year's playoffs. IF we make the Final at this point (which is still a very huge "If"), I think he will have just about earned it.

Took a while, though.

C'mon, guys, I know it's garbage time, but don't let the Triplets feel good about themselves right now.

Vyse24

I was more pointing out that there is no way the media doesn't give it to Hank, even if there is someone more deserving. But yeah it is between those 2. But even if Brass puts up godly numbers when it's all done I think Hank wins out no matter what, just because he's the long enduring face of the franchise, and backbone of a team that is known as being defensive.
Good point. Hank does have the advantage right now since people wanna see him as that "won it all, done it all" player. Plus he's probably the first player people will name on the Rangers, fans of the team or not.

But then again, if Malkin can win it over Crosby, anything is possible.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hank has pretty decidedly slipped out of elimination mode at this point. Shit is hard work, and he's going to have to do it again in 3 days.

I'm sorry, SIX MINUTES of empty net? Here we go!

RangersFan

Good point. Hank does have the advantage right now since people wanna see him as that "won it all, done it all" player. Plus he's probably the first player people will name on the Rangers, fans of the team or not.

But then again, if Malkin can win it over Crosby, anything is possible.

also, let's be real. The only way the Rangers win the cup is if Hank is the best player...

RangersFan

CBeIt6yUMAAJJG0.jpg

CBeIt6yUMAAJJG0.jpg

CBeIt6yUMAAJJG0.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Picking up where our story left off...

Because I know if there's one thing you guys can't get enough of, it's 1994 comparisons:

In '94 after clearing the first round with ease and then defeating the Washington Capitals in the second round, the Rangers went on to lose Game 5 at Madison Square Garden to go down 3 games to 2 in the Eastern Conference Finals. Stop me when this starts sounding familiar...
In Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals, the Rangers' #1 center took control of the game and put the finishing touches on a hat trick with an empty net goal.

Want me to tell you what happened next?

3hXjb9w.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned

In Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals, the Rangers' #1 center took control of the game and put the finishing touches on a hat trick with an empty net goal.

3hXjb9w.gif

yes....yessssssss

3hXjb9w.gif
Nah, let them find out the hard way.

Top Bottom