• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

This image is why I can't and probably will never cheer for the Ducks ever.

Well, unless they play the Oilers or Canucks or someone I've hated for decades.

What about this one? Everybody likes dancing.
s7.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Since I'm finally someplace where I can sit down for a minute...

GG Bolts-GAF, Zero et al. Congrats on pulling it off! If I didn't despise the fuck out of your team right now, I'd say they're crazy fun to watch and honestly one of the most frightfully dangerous teams in the offensive zone I can recall seeing in recent years.

To be honest, I really thought they were going to lose this one and take it as a lesson and go on a tear over the next couple of years. I guess the future is now, though.

The Lightning have been better than us all season long. I said it back in November that they were flat out better than us, and it's one of the biggest reasons why I considered the Eastern Conference Final to be the biggest obstacle between us and the Cup even before the playoffs started. (That and Carey Price, basically.) They proved they were better again tonight.

But let's be real, Bishop's two shutouts are some of the most bullshit shutouts in terms of a goalie's performance that I've ever seen. I hope he takes his team out to one huge steak dinner after this one. :D

And with that, so ends what will rightfully go down as a failure of a season.

Marvie_3

Banned

GG Bolts-GAF, Zero et al. Congrats on pulling it off! If I didn't despise the fuck out of your team right now, I'd say they're crazy fun to watch and honestly one of the most frightfully dangerous teams in the offensive zone I can recall seeing in recent years.

To be honest, I really thought they were going to lose this one and take it as a lesson and go on a tear over the next couple of years. I guess the future is now, though.

The Lightning have been better than us all season long. I said it back in November that they were flat out better than us, and it's one of the biggest reasons why I considered the Eastern Conference Final to be the biggest obstacle between us and the Cup even before the playoffs started. (That and Carey Price, basically.) They proved they were better again tonight.

But let's be real, Bishop's two shutouts are some of the most bullshit shutouts in terms of a goalie's performance that I've ever seen. I hope he takes his team out to one huge steak dinner after this one. :D

You still made it 3 rounds farther than the Kings.

This image is why I can't and probably will never cheer for the Ducks ever.

Well, unless they play the Oilers or Canucks or someone I've hated for decades.

Because Andersen was being intense in a post-game interview in the Jets series?

Woah. RIP your throat.

Oi fuk ov

MlHm0Zg.gif

You still made it 3 rounds farther than the Kings.

The real success story of the playoffs.

zroid

Banned

200.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a fun Rangers fact for you:

Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey
#Rangers' final shot on goal this season came from Jesper Fast. With 6:50 remaining in the third period. No shots after that.

That would be about 3 minutes BEFORE they pulled Henrik Lundqvist.

zroid

Banned
I would love to take credit for picking Tampa to come out of the East, buuuuut that means I'd also have to own up to my Western pick. So... let's just sweep the whole thing under the rug, shall we?

Marvie_3

Banned
Here's a fun Rangers fact for you:

Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey
#Rangers' final shot on goal this season came from Jesper Fast. With 6:50 remaining in the third period. No shots after that.

That would be about 3 minutes BEFORE they pulled Henrik Lundqvist.

So in the last 7 minutes of the game, the Rangers took more shots than the Kings did in the playoffs this year. Interesting.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this one really does feel shittier than past years. Like last year at least we were eliminated in Game 5, so at least it was possible to come to grips with the fact that we were going to come up short well in advance. The year before that we were pretty thoroughly outmatched against Boston and lost in 5 again, so pretty similar deal. The year before that would have been rough, but I actually happened to be at my best friend's bachelor party that night, so I kinda missed out on it (even though I was following along on my phone and actually did see the series winning OT goal in a bar).

This one just plain sucks, though.

ZeroGravity

Lightning scoring breakdown through three rounds:

Top 6: 45 goals
Defense: 6 goals
Bottom 6: 4 goals

We're pretty much destroying the old adage that third and fourth lines win your playoff series.

If the Ducks win tomorrow this thread is going to be salty as fuck.

Anyways, pretender and Quick are both not winning anything this year. At least Quick has his name on the cup.

Top Bottom