• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Allen gets thrown into the bench and nothing happens to the other player. He has to go, he is too much of a liability at this point. He could get punched in the face and the refs won't do shit. I fucking hate Swofford.

If that Wake player would have got possession off that miss they could have called a foul there. Duke player hit him in mid air but since he didn't have control it was just them going for the ball.

Good win for you Dukies. Those are the kind of games you want to win on the road.

Here is hoping UK can bounce back in a bit. I won't be surprised by any outcome though, lol.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Jason seems like a good kid, but I really think he's the one piece that doesn't fit, and that ultimately hurts the team. The run happened mostly after he fouled out, and this game wasn't an outlier.

Fjordson

UK just not good enough against yet another top team. Beat UNC because of a ridiculous shooting night from Malik Monk, but that's about it this year. Disappointingly average team.

This year's Big12 v. SEC challenge ends 5-5, but with the Big 12 winning 7-3 last year they retain the trophy. The SEC has still never beaten the Big 12 in this challenge.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I love how ESPN leads off their Duke-Wake highlights with the Allen "altercations".

They went too far about 2 games ago.

Every sports media pundit has billed any sort of physical play by Allen as either definitely dirty, or maybe its a dirty play.

Lets make one thing clear. Allen's trips were unquestioned cheap shots, no debate. Two guys pushing and pulling each other while running down a loose ball is a fucking every day play that every player in the NCAA does, has done and will do. Insinuating anything there that isn't is just more empty hot take bullshit, and all its doing is giving every player free reign to take cheap shots and the refs to not call fouls

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Heart breaker for Virginia. The officiating felt pretty one sided. 24 FTA for Nova, 3 for UVA. Hard to win any game when the other team has 8 times the FTA as you, but Virginia played well and I think they're a much stronger team after this. Ty Jerome, a true freshman, really woke up today.

Karl2177

Texas and Iowa state are huge disappointments this year. I can't believe how horrible of a job Shaka has done. I was so certain he would succeed.
This was always going to be a rebuilding year for us, and next year probably will be too. Losing Niang meant we had to rework our offense around someone who isn't as multi-role as he was, and losing Morris and Thomas at the end of this year will be just as big.

Duke and Notre Dame tip off at 7 tonight in South Bend. Duke is 1-4 against the Irish since they joined the ACC, including going 0-2 last year (@Duke and in ACC Tournament).

Somehow, the line on ESPN.com right now has Duke at -1.5. If I were a betting man...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Beyond the whole troubles this year, ND has pretty much owned Duke since joining the ACC, I think Duke has only won twice before tonight. I'm sick of seeing them lose to the Irish and despite what happened vs WF I didn't have much hope in a win. Hopefully they can keep building.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
WVU back up to 7th in the AP for the third time. We'll see if they can hold onto the this time. Tough road game at ISU tomorrow night.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Solid road win at Iowa St for WVU. Oklahoma St at home up next.

Fjordson

lol I'm just very apathetic about this season, I don't know what it is.

As for UK, the team is talented, but the fit isn't right. The three guard lineup can be super awkward and we don't have enough shooting imo. Will be surprised if they make the final four.

lol I'm just very apathetic about this season, I don't know what it is.

As for UK, the team is talented, but the fit isn't right. The three guard lineup can be super awkward and we don't have enough shooting imo. Will be surprised if they make the final four.

How many point guards does UK have because Duke would be willing to give up Sean Obi if the price is right.

Top Bottom